A DLC Proposal For Respawn - And Then You Can Move On (to Star Wars)

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Apr 2, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#1 ensc, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    You sold us a lie that there would be "free" DLC content, which allowed you to put out an unsatisfactory release. Now, five months later, you are still dragging your feet and haven't added anything of real substance to the game and it is still not anywhere near where it should have been at release. Therefore, you ripped us off and you owe us. I would like to make a proposal that you could put out one more DLC and then be done with it and move on with life (or working on the Star Wars game, since that is obviously what you are focussed on anyway).

Here is my vote for what it should be and why. You obviously have no care or concern for the health of TF2 and it is not a good starting point to even add content to at this point. It's predecessor, TF1, sports these things:

• 24 large, well designed maps (more than twice the 11 of TF2)
    • Frontier Defense (coop mode)
    • Continuity (with same 12 players in game and chat for duration of session, can give atta boys, talk smack and create new friendships)
    • Regen Challenges (something you actually have to work for)
    • Rank System (something to allow you to see where you stand against others)
    • Black Market (something to allow you to use credits earned in games for)
    • Better Titans (stronger, faster, regenerating shields, customizable loadouts)
    • Situational Awareness (can tell when, from where and with what being attacked)
    • Pilot Health/Weapon Damage Balance (can take a little damage, move and lick wounds)
    • Pilot/Titan Balance (titans are dumber and slower than pilots as they should be, titans are given too much benefit of the doubt and too much time to react in TF2)
    • Rodeo System (can actually take down a fresh titan on one rodeo with one clip using Spitfire with Leadwall)
    • FPS Clan Deterrents (Burn Cards and Default Titan Timer instead of kill streak rewards, Smart Pistol to blow out of camping spots, the bigger un-choke-pointed maps, the stronger faster titans)
    • Adult, Darker, More Realistic Battlefield Appearance and Feel (as opposed the cartoony like feel of TF2)

Well, when you put it like that, it is blatantly obvious that TF1 is a FAR SUPERIOR game to TF2. So, with that in mind, here is what I would propose that the DLC should be:

The next and final TF2 DLC would include:
    • a free copy of TF1 and all of it's DLC (for anyone who does not already own it)
    TF1 Upgraded As Follows:
    • rock solid matchmaking algorithm that keeps high skilled groups in que until an equal match is found (implemented like this)
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/team-balance-matchmaking.2009/#post-46139
    • rock solid anticheat system (cheaters permanently banned, like this)
    http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-cheaters-are-having-a-hard-time/
    • all friendly pilot/minion interference removed (you will move through them as though they were not there)
    • Generation cap removed with randomly generated increasingly harder challenges (you will be able to go to Generation 99 Level 50 or even higher if you have the time and desire)
    • Rank Chip will always be on (no ability to disable it, so you can always see where you stand in comparison to your teammates and the other team)
    • Already good continuity improved even further (if you start typing in-game or between games, you won't lose what you type when it switches from one to the other, it will be seamless)

In addition:
    • any future purchases of TF2 at any price will include a free copy of TF1.
    • TF1's price including all DLC will be reduced permanently to $4.99
    • the TF2 DLC that includes the free copy of TF1 will have a massive marketing campaign selling how awesome TF1 is.

You do all that, which isn't asking much, because a lot of it should have been done a long time ago anyways, and I will be happy to call it even and be off of your back permanently. And notice, I'm not even asking you to create any new content. All I'm asking is to make the superior version of Titanfall even better and do some things to increase it's user base.

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

I was not able to buy TF1 when it first came out (it's complicated)

BUT

I bought TF2 expecting it to be as good as TF1 was/is.

TF2's single player campaign is excelent, seriously, top notch.

and MP is in my honest opinion the best FPS to date (and I have played all COD games)

really, weapons gameplay feels realistic, fluid, fast, ruthless, weapons feel good

But this franchise has a lot of potential , sadly squandered,

so, don't release any more pilot only DLC, nor store crap items

do what ensc says, get TF back on the right track

Add Fracture, Hangar, Outpost 207 and Swampland Reborn! and of course, as already mentioned, a Coop Mode.

And don't start that Star Wars game until TF2 has the upgrades it needs, and that we deserve.

You have the basics, the materials, the engine, the publisher, the people , the feedback, people supporting and waiting, just do it

no more disappointing DLC's

time passes, pilots and their titans are waiting on the fronteer, do the right thing, for all of us,

patience does not last forever

will you do with that Star Wars game the same you did for TF2? I hope not.

Anyway, all pilots are welcome to add me on Origin to call me as reinforcement to help you to protect the fronteer,
    I suck, but I'll do my best.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

No argument there. The Single Player Campaign was perfect! Excellent job on that, but that could have been tacked on to TF1 and more maps, weapons, titans and modes could have been added to TF1. There was no need to change almost every core functionality of the game to appease traditional FPS players.

Yes, I think they are trying very hard to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Hallelujah and Amen to that!

Exactly! And they are really testing the patience of some who have even been their strongest supporters and defenders.

Yes, I hope they at least learn a lesson from this.

You do not suck Derrame. I've played with and against you and you are very good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree... with all that. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

I want to point smething out, separated from MP,
    seriously, I want a TF3, I want to see how Jack and BT's story continues!
    Jack must rescue BT!

they have gone where nobody has ever gone, and it's an adventure like anything we have seen before

lets explore new planets, systems, more of the fronteer!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good point Derrame. It is a good story and I would like to see it continue as well.

Yeah, seeing more of the Frontier would be nice.

I would also like to throw something else out there that has bothered me. I don't like having all the factions. I liked when it was just the Militia against the IMC. I loved the original Militia logo and I wanted to see the a lot more put into the 2 sides. I don't like things being splintered, because it makes storylines too weak and thin and not enough time for all of them to have depth.

7. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yes, I wanted to start a thread about the factions,

the IMC vs Milita is enough, maybe 6-4 against IMC too
    but the other factions , mercenaries, companies' thugs, won't have the depth of the original war between IMC and Milita,

you are with the invader companies or with the resistance

the empire or the rebels,

some upgrade /changes to these factions could be good to, to add more depth, context to the battle

• Like Like x 1