A thought about a Smart Pistol

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Toack, Jul 29, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Toack

Toack Generation 2

This is not a direct critic to the SP, because I don't really mind it, but lately I have gone through so many games with the enemy doing the same mecanic over and over and over again (and probably my team mates too).

- Pick Smart Pistol (+Supressor)
    - Tactical ability: Stim
    - Ordenance: Arc grenade
    - Tier 1: Power cell or Enhanced parkour kit
    - Tier 2: Minion detector

They basically farm the grunts and spectres out of the map, nothing more, and always win.

I have no idea how to counter this except than to use the same technique, which is REAAAALLY BOOOORRIIIIING.

The enemy team win with scores like pilots:2 titans:1 minions:70

If this is the purpose of multiplayer online game I find it really dull, I have no idea why people just want to win at all cost instead of a having a great time, I did that technique a couple of times, because it was fun and needed to finish the challenges of the SP (im gen10 btw) but gets so boring to lose a match only encountering two or three pilots in 10 minutes.

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

It is more than possible to get big minion numbers and kill pilots and titans. I mean, if you play the objective in attrition then score counts, and yeah, I like to win games and if that comes down to me tearing around the map in my stryder killing grunts then so be it. But I do hear what you are saying, to farm grunts do nothing else is pretty damn boring. :)

3. Vagrant

Vagrant Generation 2

This is countered by watching your grunts. Or taking notice when they dissapear on your screen. Then picking off your opponent from outside the SP range. A carbine will work fine for this. I use the SP quite a bit and when I do just go for grunts, Good teams adjust and I get destroyed by high ground carbines.

4. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

And that's why I don't play much attrition or understand why people brag about there score. Should cap the attrition points for killing grunts. Or reward players with extra attrition points for killing players in chains might lead to people hunting for pilots instead.

An alternative to this method is to play pilot hunter. Farming grunts does jack all in that game apart from helping your Titan drop quicker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SUP3R W0MAN

SUP3R W0MAN Generation 2