Video Addressing some misconceptions about Titanfall

Discussion in 'Titanfall Creations' started by TheRoflRaptor, Feb 5, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheRoflRaptor

TheRoflRaptor Generation 2

I decided to make a video addressing some of the perceived problems with the game, a 'message to the haters'. Hope you enjoy!

Like and subscribe for more :)

- TheRoflRaptor (Jamie)

• Like Like x 4
  2. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

#2 KingOfGaems, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Great work as always Jamie! :) Keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Axeus

Axeus Generation 2

Gotta admit glad to hear someone on youtube actually presenting their case with some open ideas. It kinda gets tiring to hear, "Titanfail" "Reasons why titanfall will fail" etc etc, everyone is entitled to an opinion but the game isn't even out yet, and the beta isn't out, don't knock it till you try it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

He makes valid points. This game is NOT a military-shooter-clone! It must be played like the game it is. A three dimensional battlefield. Up, down, forward, back. It will be awesome! Maybe that's what many fps players are worried about. Their current "style" of play will not give them the advantage they think they have now. This game may just level the playing field for ALL of us!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Axeus

Axeus Generation 2

See I think that since this game has a bigger element of mobility, and the idea of titan fighting titan action, a good team that coordinates can do really well in this game especially since it's only really a 6v6, and honestly most fps games bring the lone wolf run and gun mechanic, or camp mechanic to the highest of it's glory. But even though you can be stupid mobile in this game, coordination would mean so much more.

6. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'm honestly surprised about all the negativity towards Titanfall. Respawn is full of extremely talented people who are making a fresh FPS IP. It's a shame they went with EA as their publisher, because I feel like that shouldn't be a deterrent. From what I've heard, Respawn isn't letting EA have that much of an influence on what they're doing. Even the @Titanfallgame twitter account is under strict supervision from Respawn.

I'm excited for Titanfall. It's going to be the new go-to FPS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Axeus

Axeus Generation 2

I guess I'll be the one to say it, the reason titanfall gets so much flame is because it's new, because it changes how fps games are looked at and are played the problem is, too many people are stuck on the call of duty franchise which to be honest died a long time ago. I mean look at it, in all of the call of duty games since modern warfare their fan base has increased exponentially, and they are hooked on it and believe it's the only fps out there.

TLDR; Call of duty has too many fans that don't think anything can remotely be good besides CoD.

I quit call of duty a long time ago due to the amount of influence it has on so many peoples emotional mind set, the constant rage and trash talking, the amount of ignorance of people believing if you can't get an even kdr that you should kill yourself. I just hope the community won't bring this game down and so far it is looking good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheRoflRaptor

TheRoflRaptor Generation 2

Glad you all agree with me! I will definitely be posting more videos on here, the interaction is pretty sweet ^_^

• Like Like x 2
  9. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

Oh trust me... you're right to think that. Everyone who has played CoD will be able to pick it up and enjoy it out of the box. But if you've ONLY played CoD games, (aka "baby's first FPS" in terms of gunskill) then you will find it difficult pairing against those who have a better sense of verticality found in other arena console shooters.

Halo players are used to jumping off things and hitting shots while flying across man-cannons. It's something you just don't see in franchises like Call of Duty. It's also possible they won't be able to quite keep up with the pace, if they've never played Doom, Marathon, Quake, or Unreal. Then looking specifically at the movement mechanics unique to Titanfall, you can draw comparisons from titles like Unreal Championship 2: Liandri Conflict, or even popular third person shooters like Gears of War or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (GRFS). Taking that into consideration, this forces players to practically think entirely different about how you move around the map. Another GREAT comparison for this game is Shadowrun. Just like in Shadowrun, do NOT chase someone in Titanfall. Just don't do it. They're either waiting for you to do it, or long gone... which will confuse you and distract you from your current objective more than anything. If you missed out on that amazing 2007 competitive experience, I'll shed a tear for you, alongside it's developer who went under shortly after it's release.

One thing I'd like to note about Gears though is this... that game has probably the highest gunskill, rivaling Halo in terms of console arena shooters. But what a lot of people fail to attribute is, a majority of the kills in that game are earned by a players ability to MOVE. Positioning and how you come off or approach a wall in each engagement is all stuff that can't be learned in a day.

Titanfall will have a larger skill gap due mostly from it's emphasis on movement, positioning, and being able to outsmart your opponent in unique ways. You'll be able to spot your average CoD player from a mile away, as he/she just won't be prepared for the types of jukes veteran arena shooter players will be hanging over their heads on launch day. Sure they may still be able to shoot you in standard 1v1 on a flat surface where you just didn't have time to react, but if you embrace the movement from day 1 where he/she may not... they won't be able to hit you. Less emphasis on shots, more on movement. Trust me.

Key point: Focus more on making a player miss their shots, as this will grant you more time to kill them.

Honestly...
    80% = movement & brains
    20% = landing your shots much like CoD

And don't think I hate Call of Duty. I respect it for 1 reason, and that is a strong emphasis on teamwork at high tier play. It has probably the highest reliance on callouts and quick thinking out of every other large arena shooter for console eSports. I attribute this mostly to instant-respawns gametypes, and the fact that SnD is seen no where else but in Counter Strike. When Halo players like myself move over to CoD, we shoot peoples lights out... but have no concept of the pacing it takes to play Search, or how meta changes from round to round. I only became a natural at Search from the time I spent playing Execution in Gears of War, which forces players to value their one life per round, and has a quick evolving meta.
    However, specifically speaking from a "gun skill" standpoint, CoD is so easy I swear my 3 nieces (oldest is 10) are pubstars.

- TYPØ

• Like Like x 1
  10. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Thanks for posting. Good input

• Like Like x 1