angry irrational rant time

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Lateralus082, Feb 6, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

I'm so offended right now. You don't even know man. The beef between us is practically a full blown cattle herd. This feud starts now. Be prepared to bring the big guns, because our sons sons will speak of this day, to their childrens children... it has begun.

Nah, it'c cool brochacho. Didn't mean to get all Hatfield and McCoy on you there. We're cool. :p

- TYPØ

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Ha! You had me there for a minute...ha! Thanks Dude!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Axeus

Axeus Generation 2

Anyone else remember the delays of Lost Planet 2? I mean seriously It was basically almost two years worth of a push back. Now for someone to be excited over that game be waiting till a demo was supposed to come out, finally get it months later, then the game release is delayed another few months... NOW THAT is torture... But it was worth the wait :D

4. Noah Blevins

Noah Blevins Generation 3

Wait...lost planet 2 was worth the wait?

I picked it up for like 5 bucks and was disappointed with it. =p

To each their own!

5. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

I would take PS4 out of there and replace it with PS3.

But honestly, if it isn't done yet, it isn't done. I don't think they did it to make sure people buy it on Xbox One first.

6. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

QFT.

Oh the game is done. It's totally a promotional thing at this point.

They don't want you to buy it there first, they want you to only buy it there. The game will be a Xbox One "console seller", no doubt. Microsoft and Sony are both in the position of pushing their new hardware sales. Go to a car lot. The first thing a salesperson will try to do is get you into a NEW car, not sell you an old model. Microsoft wants us all to "Jump In", and that's fine because that's the way marketing and sales work and thus the world goes round.

- TYPØ

7. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

Yeah you can come out of your negative zone.

8. richyg84

richyg84 Generation 3

My two cents:

Microsoft is selling a BD player for $500 in 2013-14. They've set the bar high for themselves by betting on Kinect to push units. Let's be frank, with a new boss behind Ballmer's old desk, you can bet that if that division of the company isn't pushing units, they'll be in the fate of a Google or a Lenovo. Titanfall is that make-it-or-break-it moment for them. If the older machine is selling more than the newer box, this would look bad in the eyes of the new CEO.

Let's face it, two weeks won't kill you. I was just as upset as you are when I heard the news of the delay but whatever, move on. The game will be in our hot little hands, eventually. Had the XBOX One not existed, hell yeah delaying the XBOX 360 version would be criminal. I've seen the twitch.tv streams and eff yeah Titanfall is worth the wait.

9. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

I wrote you an epic essay just now, then clicked an ad on my phone by accident. So, now you'll never see it.

^ That is the extent of my negativity.

My post above was in no way negative...unless you think "QFT" meant something else, lol.

Buying a new console shouldn't be a negative experience, and trust me my purchase of an Xbox One feels like it's been entirely justified as is. But to add an amazing game like Titanfall into the mix = a must have item if you're not playing it on PC already. If anything, I'm happy that Microsoft has released a fantastic piece of hardware to showcase the amazing game that Titanfall is. How's that negative?

Honestly I only find 2 things to be wrong with both the console & the new game from a player standpoint. Seriously only TWO. And they are such small concerns you'll probably laugh at them. One is already being fixed by Microsoft, and the other will come from community feedback I'm sure.

1. Xbox: Party chat integration for headset users is meh at the moment. But, it is being patched soon, and an adapter is being released before Titanfall comes out. So this makes this mention irrelevant in a few short weeks.

2. Titanfall: Matches feel too short. On average they last 7-10 minutes. If you hit 20 kills in Attrition, you had an awesome game. Same goes for 30 in Domination. Because there just isn't enough time to work with on the clock. Some would argue this is a good thing, since you'll be able to get more games in per hour, or not have to commit an hour to a single match like you would in League of Legends, etc. But, I think an average 15 minute length per round is the sweet spot honestly. 4 games an hour. Not too long, but not too short either.

I don't know. Play it for yourself and then tell me.

If you look at those concerns, then weigh them against all the possible things I could bring up like spawning, AI, balancing issues, etc... I think you'll find that Respawn has seemingly done such a fantastic job in every other area that this is now more of a compliment. Which would make it a positive criticism. :D

- TYPØ

10. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'm still not so sure about the Xbone. From the PR nightmare that it faced, my doubts are still lingering. I know it was a long time ago, and I can get past that if it proves itself, but that price tag! I might as well get a kick ass PC with that kind of money.

11. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

Y
    You might have to tone down your perception of what "kick ass" means when building a PC on a $500 budget... and you'd have to hunt for deals like a boss. 95% of people don't even want to build a PC. Either out of fear of the unknown, or because it's not convenient to them.

My new graphics card is a GTX 780 ($500+ alone) and I'm sure it looks great with this game. But when I played the beta this morning, I had my old GTX 480 swapped in (because Mac OS X doesn't boot correctly on my new GPU and I had been on that to work on graphics)... the game looked a good bit worse than the Xbox One beta. No joke. I'd get rid of my current PC right now for $500 or best offer.

Here's what you'd get...

i7 2600k
    GTX 480
    Asus Sabertooth P67 mobo
    Two 1.5tb 7200rpm drives (3tb total)
    Two 60gb SSDs (for OS installs)
    NZXT Phantom Full Tower
    Corsair H60 CPU cooler
    1000 watt PSU
    Filled with fans and lights ^_^

And it would still look worse than the Xbox One version.

So no... I'd argue a $500 budget wouldn't get you what you'd need to run this game at the same quality of even the Xbox One.

- TYPØ

12. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I meant like saving money. 500$ is a good chunk of change, and if I can get more with a part time job in the summer, I'm set. I want the best, so the One probably won't get my sale.

13. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

To be fair, the term "best" is entirely a dream standard that doesn't exist.

You can build a great PC for $900-1500, but is it the BEST? No. That ideal is constantly changing.

Are you familiar with JimmySnakes from Twitter? The man has like a Quad nVidia Titan SLi setup with retina displays, the stuff is just nuts. There is literally no limit to the amount of overkill you can achieve as a PC enthusiast builder, thus the term "Best" is entirely a figment of ones imagination that costs thousands upon thousands of dollars and can be obsolete in mere months. A summer job can get you started, but you'd have to really throw a lot at this if you're serious about this "best" claim.

If you're looking to save money, the console is there for convenience and it honestly doesn't look bad. As I stayed before, it looked better than my PC I'd offer to sell you right here and now for $500.

Also, note that the PC version and console versions all use the same Microsoft Azure cloud hosted servers for it's matchmaking. There won't be player hosted lobbies for anyone at launch. With that in mind, even by buying the PC version you'll be getting a lot less options to tweak with as most PC gamers love to do. And like I said we ALL won't have the ability to have private lobbies at launch. :/

Also, I played the PC beta this morning before I left my house. Having played it now on both Xbox and PC, in my mind Titanfall is a console game made for PC, not a PC game made for a console. I hope that thought resonates with you and others reading this post.

I've been playing Quake, UT, TF2, Loadout, and a lot of other FPS games on PC now for years so it's not like I don't know my way around a keyboard and mouse. I have however been playing on Xbox since 2001, competed in Halo 2 & 3 on 360, and then moved to Gears for the past 3 years. Though Titanfall's game mechanics are refreshing, I personally feel it's best played on a console.

It's fast, but it's no Quake. And I think a lot of PC players will understand me after they get a chance to play it. At the end of the day, in North America it will still see the most success and growth on the Xbox One. Both casually, and competitively.

Again, I love PC gaming. I'm not trying to discourage anyone. It's just that my honest opinion is, this is a console game targeting the console audience. Not the other way around. If you want to play it with KB + Mouse, have at it. Come to QuakeCon this year and I promise I'll LAN it with you. But for sake of convenience, price point, and the largest reception to the game... Xbox One will be where this game is going to see the largest core audience for the title.

- TYPØ