Titanfall Arch Cannon Is Doing things it shouldn't

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by N7 Archangel, May 7, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. N7 Archangel

N7 Archangel Generation 2

In my opinion The Arch cannon is OP

This is why I say that:

it damages multiple targets, doesn't even have to hit you to kill you. Im literaly writing this as a BOUNCE shot (a shot that bounced of someone else) takes out half of my FULL shield, twice. The first time is caught in this clip. Earlier my friend got killed as a pilot because a shot hit a teamate standing in the door way of a building and bunced into the room and killed him. Its too strong, its bouncing abilities mean free kill and assists without having to hit or even see your target. And while not really used a cruel cherry on top is its the only gun that destroys in air missiles.

Heres so you can see and not be told:

Now if you see this and think wow, that can happen to you? Behind a barrier? a vortex? around a corner? and even happens to you as a pilot inside a building by bouncing off another guy? The answer is yes. It can.

Also if you wonder "… And how much damage did that first guy take?" The answer is equal if not more. That's a whole shield in total and a very small amount of permeant health in that shot.

If the idea of that bothers you then back me up here.
    I know it's a small chance but I'm really hoping for a fix here.

If you are here to say something like this:
    "I can see the blue lightbulb of death a mile away. Just dash into cover before they fire. No easy task I know but charging in or just hanging in one spot isn't going to do much. Its the choice of do you want defense?(ogre) or the ability to counter?(stryder) there are some points that are a pain in the butt for some players and for others they understand how to avoid those problems"
    By PT Platinum11

or this:
    "You know Archangel, the more you play, the better you get at avoiding situations. Just out of curiosity, are you a user of the SP?"
    by Rainman0211

Then don't bother because you're obviously not that bright ; )

And for you not brights. Yes, I did just call you out

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
  2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

#2 Sgt_rawk, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Dude, I don't like what you had to say at the end of this post about others here who are my friends. For the record any weapon used properly/well will appear OP to the one on the other end of it. Grow a back bone and live with it dude. I'm calling you out dude, have some respect for others here or don't come back.

By the way...it's the ARC cannon. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I have seen arc cannon users destroyed by 40mm users like I have said before every weapon has its weakness and the arc cannons is its charge time. Learn to use your dash ability better as even the best arc cannon user will miss a moving target and between charges is your time do damage and also recharge your Dashes. Calling something OP just because it does damage just don't cut it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Lol:) Arch Cannon Maybe it's the McDonalds "Golden Arches" and Ronald McDonald himself is zapping Archangel for "obviously not that bright" usage of Arch instead of Arc.
    I see your "who agrees and why isn't this fixed?" survey is going well. 100% of the voters agree with you...(You do know that YOU are the lone vote caster don't you.?:rolleyes:
    And I'm am very certain that you are preaching to the wrong congregation. Let me help you with that... Don't come here to b*tch & moan about your dissatisfaction because we like the game and I'm pretty sure nobody here can address your concerns properly... so... go gripe to RESPAWNo_O I bet you really hate the Amped Arc Cannon burn card don't you?:D
    Your are sure (keeping with your current attitudes) to go far in this community. Far into the abyss of obscurity where the gamer tag Archangel will only be heard in sentences that include words like "what ever to"... There is no need to belittle someone to get a point across which was FUBAR from the very beginning.
    Oh, and what's up with this... "And for you not brights. Yes, I did just call you out".. out of insanity maybe? :confused:

Okay, so now I've finished my morning cup of coffee which means that your sir have just ran out of your allotted amount of attention that you deserve.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. N7 Archangel

okay I was going to say this earlier as a joke but now I'm a little serious. I came here looking for a solution for this. And now I'm thinking that I'm talking to the wrong people A. and B I'm just basically getting attcked by online trolls who are too lazy to press the YouTube button on a self explanitory clip. Soo why dont you guys tell me a real TF forum website and ill be on my way

6. N7 Archangel

So respawn. Got it. I'll check there. I didnt know I was crashing a forum that weird people actually use to socialize. bizarre. So you guys can kick me out now.

7. PT Platinum11

PT Platinum11 Generation 3

Stay classy...

8. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

It's balanced....just depends on the user, like all the other weapons. That user may have had "capacitor" on the arc cannon or amped card.
    Arc cannon deals1800 damage vs Titan with a 3.7 second charge rate....but shots begin to dissipate at 48 meters; therefore is susceptible to a "rush"

All the weapons (pilot and titan) are OP in their own way

Have you used the weapon? Please elaborate your results with it

9. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

BTW...Off topic----one observation from your video, since you had triple threat with extended mags....why weren't you lobbing grenades around the corner to suppress their advance?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Someone recently quoted on the radio ? Senator Monahan as saying " You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts". Those darn facts just keep,getting in the way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You're getting attacked by online trolls??

This is by far the most polite forum I have ever been on. You've showed up with an opinion, which is perfectly fine. However, when people disagree with you, you lose your shit.

Due to the fact that folk are very polite here, this has not been said yet. I'm not polite though.

Piss off.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

http://www.respawn.com/forum/ You're welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I think it's remarkable that this is first curses to be muttered to be completely honest. I was compiling a list of them myself. Ha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Being a Jock, curse words are a first language. I was taught to swear before mummy or daddy! :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

You know what, i was going to say that but I thought I shouldn't reinforce stereotypes...anyway, I'm off to have a fosters, chuck a shrimp on the barbie and shag a sheep. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1