Armored Core

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by aynrandsucks, Mar 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. aynrandsucks

aynrandsucks Generation 2

Anyone ever play it? Anyone wish Respawn used that game for inspiration, at least in terms of the mechanics for the mechs? I think the maneuverability was awesome and more "real" somehow.

2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

What really surprises me is the fact that no one has mentioned Mech Warrior yet...that was the most awsm game. Loved it, played it for hours.

3. PlayerXXX

PlayerXXX Generation 2

I play last titan standing all the time and it reminds me alot of MechAssault. I'm hoping the add dlc to support more of this game type. larger maps are definitely needed.

4. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Played 4 and 4Answer, but I like where Respawn went with the Titans. MechWarrior is a classic, but I couldn't get into Online. Tank controls don't agree with me these days. There's also Hawken, if you guys are into Mecha deathmatches.

Remember though, Armored Core is focussed on ACvAC battles, and in the lore they were developed specifically for that. The Titans were optimised for battle, but are also used as labourer type mechs.

If you were to use AC-type movement, you'd render the Pilots (i.e. when not in Titans) completely obsolete, which was never the goal. If you include AC scaled mechs, then you're looking at a mecha that towers over Titans by maybe 3 or 4 times, if I recall.

5. Kabochadoll

Kabochadoll Generation 1

Hands down, Titanfall would of bin better with armored core 3 customization and armored core 4 map sizes. And as for the pilots becoming obsolete, I don't think that'd be a problem for the creators.

6. LedFlinga

LedFlinga Generation 4

You would spend most of the round just climbing into your AC