At Least 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by itbeatswalking, Jan 18, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. itbeatswalking

itbeatswalking Generation 3

I've been meaning to ask about the "Field of View" slider. I play on the Xbone and was wondering what the FOV was for TF1 and what setting is optimal for TF2? I jacked it up to 110 and it seems fine, but what are the drawbacks? At my advanced age, I can't afford ANY drawbacks.
    Next up, when I'm strutting around the battlefield in my bright red Scorch and I decide to take down a Legion in front of the onlooking female pilots, it seems to me that if his gun shield is activated then my flame core does no damage? The gun shield doesn't reach the ground the way that Tone's particle wall does. Why doesn't the flame core travel underneath Legion's gun shield or am I mistaken?

2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You couldn't optimize the FOV in Titanfall 1 and it was at 70 which is default FOV for FPS games on console. The drawbacks to a higher FOV (especially on console) is you'll most likely experience some performance issues within the game, most likely in the form of the amount of frames per second you get. Generally it's a steady 60 but will probably drop with lots of action with a higher FOV.

As far as the Legion gun shield goes, I'm not entirely sure. I haven't gotten around to using Scorch enough yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

• Like Like x 2
  5. itbeatswalking

itbeatswalking Generation 3

Thanks for the answers and the videos! I am going to pay closer attention to the flame core vs. gun shield scenario. Maybe if the Legion crouches and aims downwards the gun shield is low enough to block the ground-based shockwave of flame? That's a big advantage for the Legion if that's the case. I'm having enough trouble dealing with them as it is. :eek:

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Could be a good point you found there, there's a few glitches still around which need ironing out, like the shootable bit not actually shootable A-wall bases, and the melee timings are still knackered if you ask me..

However, I may be wrong, but legion doesnt tale any damage from the front while his gun sheild is up. Flame core would have to take the shield out first (pc guys may be able to give you damage figures for this) before hurting the legion. The size of the shield doesnt really come in to it I dont think..