Attrition Confirmed to be back!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Sep 22, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you Trini. I had always been leaning Ronin and he does look like a pretty scrappy opponent, but I've changed my mind. Tone is definitely the cream of the crop.

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's the one! Cheers lad :D

3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

What is the point of having pilot Camo colors if everyone looks like a Christmas red glowing light?

4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You're drastically exaggerating man...

• Like Like x 1
  5. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Well let me expand on that.

Respawn developed the ability for users to assign its own Pilots with different colors and designs.

When you look at the enemy Pilots you will not be able to see the colors ....designs......amd Camo.....that was so arduously placed on them by the other faction. They will all look like a red glow......

I don't believe that's exxagerated......

6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Please be easy on my Kernel. He suffers from the same thing I do. I think what I had just put in another post kind of sums up where Kernel and I are:

"You know, when you really sit back and think about it, it is amazing how almost perfect the designers and developers had TF1. I mean it was so obviously a labor of love for every person working on it and they thought through every little detail. I think that is why some of us are so passionate about it and feel so hurt when they try to make anything different in TF2 from TF1. We take it personally, because it is almost like they are insulting someone we love, a family member. It feels like a slap in the face."

7. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I can see where you are coming from but on the other hand people got bored of TF1. Respawn are trying not to let that happen because there might not be a TF3. The game will not be perfect someone will always be unhappy.

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well, I can't speak for Kernel, but if he agrees, he can say so, but I NEVER got bored of TF1. It is still my favorite video game of all time. I was going through a new video game every 2 months until Titanfall came out. It has dominated my life for the last 30 months and still does. To me, the game was almost perfect as is. I'm a computer programmer, and my only 2 complaints about TF1 could easily be fixed if the developers just had the desire to do it. It just needs a matchmaking algorithm, which I have more than laid out the logic for in these forums and others for over a year now, and it needs a good anti-cheat system. I would just copy Blizzard's Overwatch system and be done with it. You do those 2 things to TF1, then all it needs is some new maps every now and then and it is still a perfect, beautiful game. I've purchased about 30 other games since TF1 came out, probably about 8 at full price, but none of them can keep my attention very long, because they all feel like you are stuck in the mud. That is what I love about Titanfall, the movement. It is so smooth and fluid compared to other games and that is what most of us who loved TF1 were so upset about, because at least initially, they had tampered with the movement. They've had to dial that back now, and it looks good, but let's not forget, the current state of movement is not what their intent was. They've only had to put it back to closer to TF1 because of the outcry, but let me remind you of a specific quote from a video:

"We actually also slowed the game down a fair bit. When I go back and play Titanfall 1, I'm always floored by just how amped up it is...how fast the players are. I understand that it might disappoint some players who are coming back to the game from Titanfall 1, but I think overall the change is healthy for the game. It was a good design decision."
    - Steve Fukuda, Titanfall 2 Game Director in video by Game Informer on 6/14/16

Uh, BIG FAT NO on that design decision there pal. That was actually a design decision to be fired for.

Don't get me wrong, I am liking where TF2 looks to be now. I have watched a heck of a lot of gameplay over the last 2 days and the movement looks almost as good as TF1 now, which makes me very happy. My point is, the movement should have never been messed with in the first place. It was probably the PRIMARY thing that made Titanfall unique and completely prevented other games from pulling me away from it. I am also starting to really appreciate the dynamics of the new titans and all of the strategic possibilities they present. However, they should have kept the 3 original titans as is and just added these 6 new ones and allowed those original 3 to have their loadouts set up exactly as in the first one. If you want to drive a 2016 Lamborghini that comes as is with no options, fine, but let me have my '68 Camaro with interchangeable options if I want it. Also, Attrition was hands down the most popular mode. Sure, they've put it back now after all the outcry, but let's not forget that their intent was for Bounty Hunt to replace Attrition, so they are probably not happy that they had to put it back.

So, I am very happy with where TF2 is (movement, titans, attempt to improve matchmaking, attrition back). I am very excited to try the new game. I can't wait actually.

However, and I think this is where Kernel and I competely agree, TF1 was almost perfect. They didn't need to mess with it. All they had to do was add some new maps, improve matchmaking and add an anti-cheat system and we would have been good. No matter how good TF2 is, I will always love TF1 and I will take it personally if anyone says anything bad about it.

Also, to your point about Respawn changing things because you say people got bored with TF1 and that they were basically affraid if they didn't change things that there might not be a TF3. It was a lot of the changes they intended on having, but have had to pull back now that would have prevented a TF3 (the movement, Attrition, etc.). People need to remember that when TF2 was the way Respawn really wanted it, articles were being written like this:
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/23/titanfall-2-feels-like-game-designed-people-hated-original/

9. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

To be short......and blunt.....

I still play the all hell holy shit out of the game on a daily basis.........

In my opinion.

Titanfall 2 should be this:

Exactly the same mechanics.......

New Maps.....

New Titans......that can be customized like T1......

New Burn Cards.....

New Pilot Weapons......

New Titan Weapons........

New Pilot Camos.....

New Titan Camos....

Instead....

The whole game was redesigned.........what happened to all the beautiful scenery in the new maps?

Deplorable

• Like Like x 2
  10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#30 ensc, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    I'm with you 1000% Kernel. We are on the exact same page.

In my opinion, TF1 was so obviously a labor of love to absolutely every single person that worked on it and that love can be seen in every facet of the game. TF2 was not a labor of love, but rather every design decision was made either to please groups who hated TF1 or in pursuit of the almighty dollar. The only reason TF2 is in a very playable state now is because of the overwhelming outcry to put things back that should have never been taken out (pilot movement, titan movement, attrition, etc.). And I just have the feeling that it just KILLED them to have to put the movement back, because they SOOOOO wanted to please the groups that hated TF1.

11. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

We've been over this and we both know how each other feel. I said it was an exaggeration because when you watch gameplay videos, people are not lit up like Christmas lights....

Titanfall 1 was my favorite game of all time as well. How can you honestly say that these people designing the game wasn't out of a labor of love? That assumption is absolutely ridiculous and they 'designed it for people who hated Titanfall 1?" why the hell would they do that? Even if you think they only did it for money, Titanfall 1 made over 10 million dollars being a new franchise on new generation consoles... that's a whole lot of people that they'd be losing.

Finally, they made it very clear that the tech test was for testing their SERVERS and that was a very much rough cut copy of the game that had been changed a lot since then... yet people were talking about it like it was a marketing beta (like BF1 and Infinite Warfare are doing).

• Like Like x 3