Australian/Nzers

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by KalReeger, Aug 2, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KalReeger

KalReeger Generation 2

Hey everyone!

New to the forums but definitely not new to the game (10th Gen :))

Anyway...im having trouble finding a game in the Australian server, its taking awhile to find games even in Attrition. Is this because not many people are playing right now? or has matchmaking been affected by the the recent update?

Anyways reply to this post if your in the same region... if not reply then anyways :).

2. Smirkin Dirk

Smirkin Dirk Generation 2

It's very, very hard. I just use one of the American servers. It's a higher ping, but hardly any lag. And I always find a game.

3. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you mate... Have been flagging low player population on the AU servers for a number of weeks now. I usually jump over to the SE Asia server and have a much better strike rate finding matches. I'd also have to admit to playing the Campaign a lot more than I should as a maxed out G10/50 Pilot. Not because it's fun to pub stomp noobs (although sometimes that is fun) but because it's the only way I seem to be able to get a Hard Point match. There's generally lots of players in the campaign on SE Asia servers. I've even been handed my backside several times by other experienced pilots romping around in the Campaign area. Give SE Asia servers and Campaign Mode a try.

4. KalReeger

KalReeger Generation 2

Hmm maybe I've spoiled by the new Cloud servers. Because I notice a big of lag when i join American Servers (i'm from NZ) when i'm using arc cannon all day.

@BigDaddtHotGue, Yeah i'll give it a try out later. I do feel bad thought if i'm playing against new guys...its quite a learning curve tbh. I don't want to discourage people from playing...although when I get owned i do try harder next game.

5. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

I thought you were saying Australian Nazi's at first.

I was about to report you. Anti-Semantic actions are not welcome here.

6. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

I was on SE Asia server most all my time last night. And don't feel too bad about stomping noobs... can't even count the number of times they absolutely own me in a match with cloak and sneaking up behind with that damn smart pistol. They'll learn and they'll have fun... and so will we!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mojocrunch

Mojocrunch Generation 1

Here is my brief experience of titanfall. Bought an xbox one 2 weeks ago with titanfall. Played flawlessly at all times of day, when i get home from work at 9am i could be guaranteed a game on the australian server. Connection bars were all full.for most people.

It was like that for 2 weeks. Then on saturday when the second expansion came out, me and my friend couldnt find any game. Then the aussie server went down. Then it came back up, we found an odd game here and there, but with terrible connection. Nobody has more than one bar connection.

So by having a fantastic and reliable experience with aussie server for the first two weeks, then going to terrible, i feel a bit silly for buying the expansions. Even thoufh i have 5mb/s download speeds and quality low decibel connection, the west US server generally has a 2 to 3 second lag, despite the ping being about 170. Needless to say, american servers are not an option for me.

I guess ive still got my monies worth out of the two weeks of base game though so im only mildly disappointed.

8. KalReeger

KalReeger Generation 2

Yeah if i change to West US server it instantly finds a match. However, it gets old knowing you have that lag disadvantage.

9. Mojocrunch

Mojocrunch Generation 1

Id like to update my comment as of when i got home from work this morning. The aus server provided me with instant games, full matches, no lag at all, 5 bar connection quality. Sure, it had to screw up my last weekend i can play with my friends due to me now having different days off for 7 months, but i guess its good that its gone back to being as good as it was last week.

10. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

I've been off Titnafall for a while. I got a few games on the S/E Asia server after the update. Which sucked. Whole lobby had 2 bar connection with one who had full 5 bars, Gen 2 I think he was. He was pretty much indestructible. I think now if you don't find a local game it will switch you over to the lowest ping data centre.
    But we Aussies need to stay on the Aus servers!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. KalReeger

KalReeger Generation 2

Yeah and all NZers!

12. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Nah not sure on too many Kiwis in Aus servers! :p:);):p:p:p

13. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

It is really hard to track or predict when the AU server will either be up and functioning at optimum or when there are enough players. I just keep trying and am really happy when the planet, the moon and the stars align and I get great matches on our local server...!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I ran into my first issues last weekend that I have ever had. I usually get a match without delay however it would appear the new DLC has split the cohort and so I have to wait a little longer for a game.

15. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Is that what you call yourself? A Nzer?

16. KalReeger

KalReeger Generation 2

Would you prefer New Zealander?

17. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

In Australia we have a term of endearment for 'em... they're Kiwi's (pronounced "kee-wees"). We love our bros and sis's across the Tasman Sea...

18. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

No we don't, Bloody Kiwi's!!! :p;):p:p:po_O

19. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

I like that, or Kiwi's! :)

20. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

For heaven's sake, certainly don't mention the sheep...