Badly optimized??

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by CallumAppleton, Feb 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CallumAppleton

CallumAppleton Generation 2

But why do they need to? Why not stick to what most games do because its fine, why not just not go over 3gb because it still works great. Like you said before with bf4

2. CallumAppleton

I maxed it out. so ye 270x works with the game fine but droppes every now and then between games

3. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

It works, but you aren't going to maintain 60FPS.

• Like Like x 1
  4. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

For one, because Frostbite is not an optimized engine. BF4 does manage to maintain acceptable framerates, yes, however it does so at the cost of immense CPU usage and heat, in addition to being CPU bound. More CPU cores with the same architecture usually improves framerates in both BF3 and BF4 by massive amounts. And other games do graphics just as well or better (see: Crysis 3) without such a huge CPU load. Of course, the cryengines are terribly unoptimized as well, but the fact remains there are other ways to do it.

Quite frankly, Titanfall could do with far nicer looking textures. I agree to this. Devs also need to get away from using MSAA for everything. It isn't the best looking OR most efficient form of AA out, and people usually never put anything BUT that in games. This does NOT mean that Titanfall is an unoptimized game by any means. They could have drawn the textures better, yes, but what's there looks good and it runs quite bloody well, for my laptop on one video card to never drop below 60 frames at 1080p with all settings maxed using 16xQ CSAA. Look at it this way: It can only get better from there. Unless you're Rockstar and somehow manage to update your game to run WORSE and never fix it. *stares at GTA 4*

5. YoImHarry

YoImHarry Generation 2

I've got a GTX 770 and had no problems running the game on insane in the beta.

6. YoImHarry

YoImHarry Generation 2

I was having problems with an AMD 280x and ended up returning it and getting an nVidia card and it runs fine. Could be optimisation issues with AMD maybe?

7. CallumAppleton

Ye you may have a point there, im glad someone could back me up

8. CallumAppleton

And for everyone reading, just to clear something up, to be honest the BETA was buggy for a few people with textures so on and i could max the game out perfectly, im just saying i had some problems every now and then and what that guy said was crap :/ Oh and i was asking if it was badly optimized not stating it was

9. CallumAppleton

I did untill it went a bit funny now and then, when i say this i mean after like 5 games or somet i only had this issues 3 times

10. bObafeet

bObafeet Generation 1

I dont have fps "drops" but i feel like the frame-rate could be a bit higher, feels like 60fps when outside fighting titans, i get that there is alot going on, but when you have a 144hz (1080p)
    monitor it kinda sucks going down to 60 in a shooter game. I feel like my comp should be capable.

GPU- TITAN X HYBRID(MAXWELL)
    CPU-i7-5930K (6core)
    16gb dominator platinum

You would think that could push some better fps, which is why titan fall seems to be slightly unoptimized. Battle field 1 runs 110-120 fps maxed, so i figure titan fall should to? both games have a ton of chaos on the screen.
    Any suggestions?