Bunny Hopping Mad!!!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by ThirdGuyver, Oct 31, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hi guys,

Even after gen 10 and a few hours into tf, I've still got lots of improving to do..my parkour needs some work, and I still cant bunny hop properly!

Been watching a few youtubes on it, especially unkknowns advanced techniques one and eurynomestolas's hopping one.

Been practicing and still suck - cant quite get the timings of the stick left and right shenanigans. I lose loads of momentum.

Are any of you guys bunny hoppers and if so, do you have any advice?!

Cheers:D

2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Get better... no really... and afterwards tell me. That left and right stick is harder for some (me). No doubt the best thing to do is practice.

3. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You know what rainman, that's right, practice is the only way, you gotta put the time in.
    I'll keep going till either I get it, or the controller ends up doing a nuclear eject through my roof tiles:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. teddy0ryan

teddy0ryan Generation 1

bunny hoppers, love shooting LMG at them

5. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Thank guys, now you've got me trying to bunny hop. I think other players think its choice watching this idiot RottweilerluvNZ jumping around like a spoon at walls and stuff must look ridiculous, I'm sure they just stand there having a laugh then put me out of my misery from behind lol.

Been trying out that grenade/SP trick - marvellous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Let me know if you master the hop!

Agreed, other players must look at my pilot going up and down the same stretch of map, going back and jeffin forth..shot dead... stim, back and forth...shot..argghhh!!!

( sp's and grenades go together lovely :D)

7. UEG ANON

UEG ANON Generation 2

I've somewhat gotten it down. I can maintain if for a while, but i will lose it eventually and fuck up. And I had also seen it in unkknown Soldiers video as well. I have the Nuke eject down on the normal case and the flag eject. I've been in a private lobby with my friend practicing the bunnyhop for a whole day and that gets me nowhere farther then where i can get now. It's insanely hard to do. I do not know how he is able to do it like that. I even have my controls to bumper jumper to make it easier to do so but that yields little difference. I can get it right and hold for for like 10 seconds at most, 15 seconds. Or until i have to turn unless i can use a wall to turn. Props to Soldier on that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I can do a couple of bounces then lose momentum. Agreed, total props to those who can do it!

I use bumper jumper too, much better. I like your practice ethic too, so props to you!

9. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

10. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Me neither:D. It's bloody hard!!!

11. UEG ANON

UEG ANON Generation 2

This guide for bunnyhopping is much easier to understand. It actually does in the screen what he is doing while the video is passing unlike in unkkown soldiers with just a few pictures.

12. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

#12 ThirdGuyver, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Good vid, thanks for that.

I think it translates slightly different for me on the Xbox controller though, I believe its left-up- right-up, left-up-right-up while jumping, and the turning is on the right stick.

Parlour looks so smooth on pc though when done well.. awesome.

(Edit - what I said sounds dumb now, of course you would still have to press forward on the keyboard too)

13. UEG ANON

UEG ANON Generation 2

You dont need to push up or any other direction once you get going. You need to push left or right if you want or need to turn. And I'd you listened closely he said he taught the Ceph clan the bunnyhop technique. which unkkown Soldier is in.

14. UEG ANON

UEG ANON Generation 2

I might make a thread Solely for Videos and tutorials for various beginner and advanced techniques for many things such as : Bunnyhopping, Stim eject, Flag Ejects, hitting titans through vortex shields with arc cannons, Bypassing Particle walls with multi-lock and slaved warheads, CTF Flag Routes, Instant Disembarking to deal with Rodeo Pilots. Those sort of things.

• Like Like x 1
  15. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Thanks 3G for thhoppong tip. The video above makes it looks so cool when using a PC. You just cannot get the same speed. I never thought about the hoping as a skill but thanks to you I went back and focused. I think I have maxed out the skill level at least for myself but never go as fast as I want. Maybe the box just has limits. I will keep practicing.

What I am intrigued about @UEG ANON is the instant disembark for killing Pikots who rodeo. I may be missing a trick. Can you tell me more about that.

It amazes and excites me to think that there are still more tricks out there to learn. Merry Christmas.

16. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Man, if you can just left and right it , that'll be awesome, I lose momentum holding forward..cheers dude I'm gonna get on it

17. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

That's one thing I love about tf, there's just so much depth of play.. You can do it a-train, I think it's getting the right technique and the associated timing. I can't bloody do it yet still though..:)

The instant dismount is I believe, crouch then hold x, you will get out way quicker.

18. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I guess I do the instant get out already. The reason I was intrigued is that I got out of a Titan the other day super fast and did not know why or what I did. Maybe it is the croich part. But I always crouch first anyways as (I think you pointed out long ago) the rodeo-er often will just jump off when you crouch and you do not need to get out. But now I just get out anyway as I am getting better at tracking them down and killing them. Had a long hard time with getting killed when I jumped out. The rodeo dude would hide and snipe me. Not often now though. I am hiding myself more quickly and am being a bit more patient before the counter attack on foot. Hang in 3G and continue to stimulate us with your great insights.

• Like Like x 1
  19. UEG ANON

UEG ANON Generation 2

You would be correct good sir. Crouch And disembark instantly it shaves almost a second and a half off of the usual time, and it'll feel and look almost instantaneous.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hmmm, I didn't get that memo about the crouch & X express exit.o_O You two been holding out on all those neat tricks?;)