CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MegaScampi, May 2, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MegaScampi

MegaScampi Generation 4

HERE WE GO AGAIN

2. Junaid

Junaid Generation 1

When I read the title I thought it was supposed to be a joke.

God damn it, when are they going to take a fucking break from releasing this shit. "Advanced Warfare", excuse me while I go vomit, that has got to be the most cringeworthy title I have ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. PSIII

PSIII Generation 1

They totally went straight to the point, didn't they. Wonder if they're aiming for it to be the next big one.

4. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Why are people still shocked that CoD is a yearly title? Guys, wake up. They have been doing this for years. Learn to expect it. "omg cod again so stoopid same thing evry yer duurrr"

Anyway, I think it looks decent. I really enjoyed the Ghosts campaign even though the online was absolute shit. I might pick it up when it comes out. I'll wait and see if I need a new game 11/4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Junaid

Junaid Generation 1

Uh, in case you were directing that at me... I'm not shocked at all. Of course I was expecting this, just commenting that it's about time they took a break from this shit, especially now that CoD is clearly on the decline.

6. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

No I wasn't directing that at you, sorry if you thought that. I was just reading ign and people are like "COD againz?!?!!". Lol. I don't think they need a break either. 3 years to make a game is average dev time, more or less.

7. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

Did not notice that this thread was made i made another one smh my bad mods

anyways, honestly i'm heasatint with this title if this has parkour similar to titanfall and a good single play story then im all for it. Ghost story was good but horrible online if Sledgehammer can redeem themselves from MW3 and at least make a good singleplayer then ill buy. The fact that this is on 360 and ps3 tho holds it back :/ Im waiting for a true next gen COD which this should have been.

8. PokeChika

PokeChika Generation 2

*snore* I've been bored by CoD since MW2, making it all futuristic isn't enough for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Oh look CoD decided to use Parkour and Mechs and a futuristic setting which is believable...seems alot like Titanfall to me...Might just pick this up for the single player campaign it looks interesting but i can only imagine its going to be pure grade liguified rancid bullcrap online.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

So...you're saying CoD copied and was influenced by Titanfall?

Both games entered development roughly at the same time. CoD is not copying Titanfall, rather it's going off the idea of futuristic warefare, which appears to be of interest to the gaming community right now.

You cannot say just because there is a mech that CoD copied Titanfall. Look at all the other games AND recent movies with mechs and other futuristic technology. This futuristic and technological age is coming and people like seeing developers take on the future. Which all have been slightly different so far.

One could argue that the movie Avatar started this futuristic era in movies and games. CoD Advanced Warfare has been in development for 3 years now. Same with Titanfall. Avatar, the movie, debuted in 2009 and did very, very well. Do some out-of-box thinking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I never suggested they copied and pasted it from titanfall what im saying is key things in that trailer are semi-copied from titanfall with a twist, wall climbing with hands, Exosuit and not a Titan and similar jumpjets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I've been hearing about robotics applied to infantry gear to enhance combat. Those armored "mods" are actually more realistic than you'd think because they already exist.

Here are the first models used to give new legs to paraplegics.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. PSIII

PSIII Generation 1

I'm pretty sure these elements have been in other games before Titanfall....

14. Junaid

Junaid Generation 1

Did you even read his post? He said Advanced Warfare and Titanfall started production around the same time. Who's to say Titanfall copied CoD rather than CoD copied Titanfall? No one knows for certain.

And besides, borrowing basic gameplay elements is not copying.

15. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Just saw this, I accidentally posted another!

This is 100% Titanfall 2...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

What does that even mean?
    Halo had such quality campaign like halo 3 since the games came out 2-3 apart. It gives a lot of time for new ideas instead of CoD's every year money whore copy paste of a game. Campaign for Ghost=good but 75 percent of CoD players don't play campaign so Infinity Ward's multiplayer was solely judged and it was shi*. If they had another year to come up with things, that could have been different. Sorry if this paragraph goes off point of your quote a lot lol.
    ------------
    Halo set a big standard for futuristic shooters. Now every shooter is inching towards the future. What makes this CoD different is nothing. Black Ops 2 was suppose to be futuristic with robots and electric shock thingy sticks. Now they basically made a BO2 with some more robots and gadgets. 'sigh' i'll still buy it for the beyond easy achievements.

17. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

Every year i say i will not buy the Next COD than i buy it anyway

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

Exactly what I was thinking. Was on TA the other day and I thought it was a joke going by the name alone.

Then after watching the trailer, wtf is with naming the exoskeleton suit thing "Atlas", really!? Titanfall - Atlas? Wtf are they thinking lol it's quite embarrassing.

19. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

#19 Kingkat54, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier. UbiSoft
    Recent game had a "cloaking" device for the player. Advanced helmet "HUD" style. Looks like the military genre is trying to go "futuristic" and I am sure we will see a lot of "borrowing" from TF.
    This game was released in 2010-2011 timeframe. Way before these "other" games were out.
    There are just so many ideas to go around anymore.

And about COD?................its about feeding a fan-base that will continue to purchase the game every year. They now have three devs going. Three year dev time, one new game a year. I believe thats a typical life cycle, a year.

20. ChongSparks

ChongSparks Life is like a box of chocolates
    Elite Pilot

Will most likely be an awesome game, its not Titanfall, its COD on roids