Call of Duty: Ghosts Ruined by Titanfall

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by ZJP, Feb 22, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Before I write any of this, understand I'm not bashing any game at all. At all.

I've been playing CoD on Xbox 360 since Modern Warfare 2. Been at every midnight launch since then. "CoD fanboi" would not have offended me. I'd deserve it.

Fast forward a bit to when someone leaked the cover of Game Informer, outing the new Respawn game, Titanfall. I lost my mind with excitement. I've been obsessively keeping an eye on the game since then and when the beta came out, I put 25 hours into the Xbox version (and 7 into the PC version). I fell head over heels.

After the initial withdrawal, my friends and I joked that it'd be tough to go back to Ghosts.

...but today I realized just how true that'd be.

I feel done. All the frustrations I used to have with CoD seem so much more prevalent now. Headshot hitmarkers, the rampant camping, poor hit detection, etc.... before it was just part of the game. But now after Titanfall, it just seems too much.

A few minutes ago, after getting no hit markers while putting the barrel of my gun squarely up to another players back and emptying a clip, I said "I'm done with CoD" out loud, deleted the game, and popped out the disc. Without even thinking. Done. That's how much Titanfall got under my skin.

I'll probably still buy the next CoD. Excited to see what Sledge Hammer will do on the next gen consoles and to see how stretching out their development cycles with 3 companies works.

But I just felt like I had to come here and rant because I've been playing so much CoD for so long...200+ hours in each iteration... but now? I'll be trading it in at 12:01 on launch day.

My name is PJZ.

And I'm addicted to Titanfall.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Right there with you. I play COD Ghosts, on PC, and I even fired up the game yesterday. They are offering a "free weekend" and double XP. WoW......:rolleyes:
    I played for about 10 minutes and just stopped. It lags, freezes, hit detections are off, random spawn get you killed, and otherwise is not a lot of fun anymore. Wish I could trade it away................but I am up for TF so much! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. TtargetPractice

TtargetPractice Generation 2

COD: Ghosts was ruined by COD: Ghosts. They should have stopped making that crap years ago, or at the very least ditched the almost two decade old quake engine and client hosted lobby system. Experiencing the feeling that headshot hitmarkers, camping, and poor hit detection are part of a game is a sure fire sign that the game you're playing is a piece of trash.

4. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It'd be nice if they'd update the engine. But I don't feel entitled to anything. Sometimes folks forget just how fucking amazing it is that you're playing with other human beings from all over the PLANET. Simultaneously. The first game I played was the original Legend of Zelda on NES. The fact that headshot hitmarkers, camping, and poor hit detection EVEN EXIST AT ALL is pretty fucking cool.

Now that said... it makes me even MORE excited that Titanfall didn't show me any of these problems and it's only in the Beta stage.

Bring. On. Titan. Fall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

I've been a COD fan for a while now and after playing Titanfall it's not the same anymore. Titanfall has taken over

• Like Like x 1
  6. TtargetPractice

TtargetPractice Generation 2

I have to agree man, this is an amazing time to live in. It sucks that as technology advances, the average person's intelligence recedes, but I'm ready to have my brain turn to mush if I can play this game forever. I haven't been so pumped for a game since Unreal Tournament 2004.

I shared a similar experience to your original post with battlefield. I don't even want to turn it on after playing the tf beta. Every lag spike or glitch is like a poke in the eye. You can't even run on walls. Give Titanfall plz.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

HAhahah the new standard question to all future FPS' is gonna be...

"DO YOU EVEN WALL RUN BRO!?"

8. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

I'm with you. I know the feeling. There's no way I can go back to Ghosts and we'll see how I feel in November with whatever rehash they throw at us this time. I have very little hope there will be anything that pulls me back to COD.

9. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Sorry, repeat post

10. Philip Zapata

Philip Zapata Generation 2

Been playing cod since mw3. Thought black ops 2 was really awesome. With just on reputation and clever marketing, I bought ghost and the season pass out front. Man I couldn't believe how let down I was wen I played the game for the first time. Kept wanting to trade in the game....but I had invested so much money. So I learned to adapt to the game and even, got pretty good. Loved the new maps that came out. But I new titanfall was on d horizon, I played the beta and man cod.... just dosnt do it for me.

11. Force58

Force58 Generation 2

It is strange regarding the number of people that are online playing Ghosts. I've logged on twice in the last 24 hours and the numbers have ranged from 15.000-38,000. I remember the launch being in the 100's of thousands. What's happened?? I played the hell out of the campaign and wanted to try out the MP. It seems to be fun, especially the "Squads" matches. I agree Titanfall is a refreshing, new kind of game, but will it sustain enough numbers of players for the servers to stay online past a year.

Cheers

12. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Long Answer: This game has gained tremendous hype. When journalists and players who attended events got to play, the response was an overwhelming "It lives up to the hype." Respawn had amassed 60+ awards for a game that isn't even out yet due to the fact that "It lives up to the hype." Then they released the Beta and 2 million people played it and the response was an overwhelming "It lives up to the hype."

Whether people like it or not, this is happening. Titanfall is the next franchise to take its place among Halo, Gears, and CoD.

People can say "oh, it's a bit more casual." And that's fine. You can play as lazily as you want and still contribute. But I'm more excited to see what people with skill and talent do with it. If you're looking for a CoD clone, go look elsewhere. This is a fresh new take. You know it's going to be good when you read the gaming sites and a huge chunk of PS4-devotees are already looking forward to Titanfall 2. It's so good and such a cool experience they're looking forward to a game that theoretically will come out in 2016 or 2017 since it will be in rotation with Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront. And it may not even come out for PS4!

It baffles me that folks still question this game. (not you, just saying in general) The reveal was a success. E3, Gamescom and the like were a success. The beta was a huge success. What else do you need to be convinced that this game is going to be successful flagship product and is already a HUGE front runner for everyone's Game of the Year 2014?

Short Answer: Yep.

13. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

COD died at Black Ops. Titanfall is just burying the body.

14. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH BROTHER!?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jnardz

Jnardz Generation 4

I couldnt agree anymore with this thread. You nailed it and took the words out of my mouth. Ive always been one to say games like Titanfall and Halo were not my type because i liked REALISTIC shooting games but after this latest call of duty (Ghosts) came out i realized that i have to open my options more. I played the beta for Titanfall and instantly fell in love. Can't wait for the game to be released and looking for a group of players to play the game with that will take it serious but also have fun at the sametime. Anyone feel free to send me a message on x1 GT: o HaBiTz o

16. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Added :D Let's do this. You gonna do the midnight release?

17. Jnardz

Jnardz Generation 4

Yea
    yea I'm thinking of getting it at midnight and might take off the next day at work. Add me on x1 my buddy and me are looking for mature people to game with on this new franchise game. Maybe start playing a little competitively once we recognize the game.

18. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'm thinkin' 34 years old is mature enough. Already added.

19. Jnardz

Jnardz Generation 4

Lol I'm 24 and my buddy is 28. Should fit right in with each other

20. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Yup same,

Since moving to x1 from 360 I've favoured bf4 over cod this time, it just wasn't a fair fight between those 2 this time on what I enjoyed most.
    But since the beta I've really struggled to get back into bf4, it's just the non-stop intense action of TF that's so addictive, in a way TF reminds me of UT99 which was my fav shooter of all time.

Roll on March already!!