Titanfall Can't change loadout

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by FRiNGE07, Mar 14, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FRiNGE07

FRiNGE07 Generation 2

All my loadouts have the same weapons in them yet when I start a match I have a completely different weapon. I have tried different matches and nothing seems to work.

2. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Are you playing on PC or Xbox One?

3. FRiNGE07

FRiNGE07 Generation 2

PC

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Can't say that I've heard of that, honestly. Have you tried closing out of the game and rebooting it? If that doesn't work, I'd recommend contacting Origin's support.

5. FRiNGE07

FRiNGE07 Generation 2

Yes I have tried restarting the game and it does nothing. I play with a ranged style and being forced to play with a shotgun is like giving a baseball player a tennis racket lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I think you got that analogy mixed up :p tennis player with a baseball bat would be the harder task...

What level are you now dude?

• Like Like x 1
  7. FRiNGE07

FRiNGE07 Generation 2

ranged lol
    I think level 14. I'm on my second playthrough

8. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Ah, I get you now. My bad. Let's just agree that baseball bat and tennis racket belong to their respective players :p

Very strange. Definitely hit up Respawn and Origin to see if this is happening to anyone else. First I've heard of it

9. FRiNGE07

FRiNGE07 Generation 2

Will do thanks

10. Lex_kaymen

Lex_kaymen Generation 1

I have a problem where I can't change my loadout for either pilot and titan, and I am stuck with the default weapons. Even with unlocking weapons/attachments, I still can't use them.

11. jeremy newell

jeremy newell Generation 1

i have the exact same issues...also on pc...loadouts will not take effect in game

12. adelak

adelak Generation 1

Same issue - also PC. Anyone found the solution?

13. Lewax2122

Lewax2122 Generation 1

Same issue, on XBox One! :(((

14. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I don't think this issue has been brought up to Respawn at all. Hmmm, if this problem is still persisting, definitely try to reach out to them on their official forums, or through Twitter.

15. jinchoung

jinchoung Generation 1

i had the same problem.

the issue is the retarded way the menus are configured:

so you know the area in which you are setting up the loadouts the way you want? that is NOT where you actually SET the loadout!

I KNOW!!! wtf?

where you set the loadout is, quite unintuitively, in the midst of battle! when in game, you hit ESC or on a controller, the start button and then you can set your loadout there.

?!

why they would have you set your loadout when you are on the battlefield and vulnerable is mindboggling and beyond me... but that's how they have configured it and that's why many of us have had a problem. it's just so mind bogglingly unintuitive...

haven't tried it yet but you also may be able to set the loadout after you've been killed, along with the burn card... that makes more sense but then that leaves you to wonder how you set the FIRST LOADOUT that you start the game with...

i suspect that there have been other games that did it this way and so people who have played those games are familiar with the convention... but in terms of just common sense design, this is terrible.

hopefully, that solves the issue for you guys. for me personally, this really basic but dumb thing has made me enjoy the game less...