can't join matches/games

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Derrame, Oct 28, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Yea, i opened mine over a year ago.

2. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

By any chance do you have a Netduma?

3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

it is solved now :)
    but amped hardpint and capture the flag are always empty

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

hmm...I've never had a problem getting an Amped Hardpoint game. Never tried CTF so I can't speak to that.

5. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I am on both consoles and play mostly Hardpoint and never had a problem getting a match.

6. shokka9

shokka9 Generation 2

As a TF1 day one owner, and as someone who still plays this game, I must admit the TF2 matchmaking is awful.

I bought TF2 day release, started the campaign as I wanted to see what it entailed. It's not so bad actually, but after a few hours, i decided to start levelling up in MP.

So, where do I begin?

As is already mentioned; the time taken to join matches is really bad. I've only managed to join Attrition games, with every other game type just not doing anything within 5-10 minutes. Resulting in me going back to Attrition.

I wasn't aware of this 'Network' thing, and factions, but now I do. Makes the situation far worse than I originally thought.

I'm a PC player (with xbox pad); and I find the matchmaking the weirdest ever compared to TF1. You can't even sustain the random group of players like TF1, you just bounce out of the game, and wait in the MM screen, jump into some crazy game and get mullered.

This has happened to me everytime time I play MP. First 1-2 games seem normal, as in they are full games, seem balanced overall. Then the next few games, I'm joining mid game which is bad, and then it's against people who are well above my menial level 9 ranking (at the moment).

I didn't mind playing gen 10 level 50 players in TF1, as I was gen 3, level 50. I didn't see any benefits of being gen 10. You could still have a good battle with them.

However, on TF2, there appears to be no balancing at all.

I'm just hoping that Respawn do some rapid updates, and fix the matchmaking, as well as some other issues.

This whole network/factions thing is stupid. None of my mates have TF2, therefore, I am a lone warrior. I guess that's why I cannot join games other than Attrition. When I was playing yesterday, there were over 14,000 people playing TF2. Yet I couldn't join anything other than Attrition. To compare to TF1, usually there are around 500-900 people worldwide online at any given time. I could always play in any game type I wanted, quickly. Strange how Respawn decided to mess this whole thing up.

Rant over.

Otherwise, it's a decent game. It may be a little bit detracted from TF1, but time will tell if it's 'better'.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

The getting matches must be a "PC" issue as I haven't had any problems on XB or PS. I think it is a little early to say the matchmaking is terrible, let's give it a little time and see how things shake out.

I too am a lone wolf and find it less interesting as I had a lot of regular players that partied together on COD over the years but I have given that up (reluctantly) and am enjoying TF and TF2; I have only been on TF for a few months.

8. shokka9

shokka9 Generation 2

It must be. Unluckily for me :-(

Let's hope an update fixes this soon!

9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

shokka9, I just want to make sure you don't get dismissed here, because you are making an absolutely valid and critical point.

The developers think that matchmaking means, "I want to get into a game as fast as possible with my friends", therefore they created these glorified Friends Groups called "Networks" and they think that has solved any matchmaking problems from TF1. WRONG! Matchmaking has nothing to do with getting in games fast or playing with friends. Matchmaking is insuring that each game has even numbers and even skill levels on both sides. All "Networks" does is segregate the community and is really going to kill getting a game a year or two down the road when the user base is smaller. Also, you brought up a good point about the Factions. All this does is even further segregate the community and is going to make it even that much more difficult to get a game a year or two down the road when you compound Factions on top of "Networks". It is like segregation on top of segregation, which we didn't have in TF1 and after the first 6 months it was already hard to ever get a game in any lobbies other than Campaign or Attrition. I swear, this multiplayer team is stubborn and horrible. They didn't fix the things that should have been fixed and they took the things that worked or were good and ruined them.

10. shokka9

shokka9 Generation 2

But I don't have any friends.........

Jokes aside. I'm going to give it a few hours tonight, and let it make the matches, see how long it takes. I may leave some feedback in Respawns mailbox.

Just want to level up, and unlock what I can. I'm still getting to grips with the weapon system, the button activation, which has mostly changed from TF1.

11. shokka9

shokka9 Generation 2

UPDATE

So, I played TF2 for about 2-3 hours last night. I was entered into every type of match I selected, within minutes, no issues whatsoever.

It must of been servers being crowded previously, due to being release weekend. I did notice a drop of numbers playing in general, but I had zero issues.

I still don't like the fact that you don't stay with the same players after a match with them. That's kind of annoying to say the least. Why doesn't it just keep you all playing together like TF1?

I'm liking it more and more anyway; I'm starting to get a good flow going, but I need to level up rapidly.

12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Glad you are able to play and get into matches pretty easily now.

I completely agree that it is stupid that there is no game to game continuity with same players and chat as it was in TF1. Just another thing that was unnecessarily messed with and changed for the worse.

13. shokka9

shokka9 Generation 2

Yeah, the continuity is bonkers!

I see they had an update last night, changed the name of some of the game types.

Matchmaking is still the same. Couldn't find a changelog anywhere?

14. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i can only join on attrition, in the other modes there is nobody :s

• Like Like x 1
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Derrame, I want to try to help. If I see you on sometime tomorrow and you want to try, we can try to be in a Network together and see if we can get you into some different modes, whatever you want.

16. Sapphire

Sapphire Generation 3

I play with my husband on the pc and we can only find games in attrition so far too..I do see people online in the other modes but it won't create a game.

So far I'm enjoying the game!

17. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

solved it, i just have to change the server! d'oh!

• Like Like x 2
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Glad you can play now Derrame.

By the way, now that you know how to change the server, please allow me to share another piece of advice.

In your time zone, I would use the New York server between 6PM and 3AM, but outside of that I would try one of the European servers (Belgium, Amsterdam, Frankfurt). Those have more people on at that time of day. You can change to whatever server you want whenever you want and see if any are better for you to get games at different times.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

thanks! now i can play all the modes i want, all the time i want! awesome!

20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's great! I'm so happy for you.