Can't play game on High settings?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by CrunchyBit, Mar 13, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CrunchyBit

CrunchyBit Generation 2

I am unable to play the game on high settings without some serious frame rate drops specially when you look to the center of the map. The only way I can play this game is when I turn down the texture settings to medium or low. Low being the best performance that I get without any frame rate drops or stuttering. Is anyone else having this issues?

Here's my PC specs

Asus Sabertooth 990fx r1.0
    AMD 8350 @ 4.0ghz
    8gb Kingston 1866ghz ram @ 1866ghz
    Nvidia GTX 680 2gb

Game Settings

1080p MSAA 4x
    Everything else on high with the exception of the textures on low.

Note that I'm able to run any other Source Engine on Max Settings without any issues and BF4 - Crysis 3 on Ultra Settings.

2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Seriously, do you have the GE Force Experience? That program, along with keeping your gpu updated, will Optimize your game.
    It will put your setting sat their best for your system. Just go to NVidia and get it.
    Try that. Hope it helps.

3. CrunchyBit

CrunchyBit Generation 2

Well according to Nvidia Geforce Experience I'm able to run the game at max settings. But this isn't case here because the game lags and stutters too much on those settings. I'm running out of options, any recommendations?

Attached Files:

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I am sorry about this. I do not know enough to really suggest anything else. How is your Ping?

5. CrunchyBit

CrunchyBit Generation 2

Ping is fine so far, it hovers around 40-50ms. I've tried everything in the book. Reinstalling drivers, reverting to old drivers and installing latest ones from Nvidia. Nothing seems to fix the frame rate issues, I'm just hoping that Nvidia releases optimized drivers for the game or hopefully it gets patched. Well thanks for the help anyways.

6. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Well, there IS a driver for TF.....................have you updated at NVidia? Just a suggestion...................;)

7. Lum Kuok Keong

Lum Kuok Keong Generation 2

@CrunchyBits I too face similar problem as you. This is my system spec:
    I7 930 @ 3.35mhz
    Gtx 680x2 SLi
    Cosair 4gb x 2
    Msi big bang x58 motherboard
    Nvidia driver version 335.23

It is noticeable when I put as recommended setting all high with Vsync on, framerate on cutscenes was lagging about 25-30 fps and when gameplay starts everything was lagging to 20-30 fps so I turn everything to medium it helps a bit hovering at 30-35fps. Very frustrating when you come and think of it this game is build on source engine. So I went and disable 3d vision from nvidia control panel and guess what now I have cutscenes above 50-60framea and ingame around 35-50 without mouse lag or framerate issues and it is now on "very high" setting. Btw turn off vsync it helps. Try it.

8. Tgrable

Tgrable Generation 2

This is a issue with the game no processing the shadows correctly. It makes the cpu usage drop to nothing and the frames will suffer because of it. The work around at the moment is on the maps that it starts to happen go into your settings and turn your shadow quality down, then turn it back up. Apply both times and this should fix it for that map. Just rinse and repeat for all maps this occurs on and hopefully their will be a fix for this soon released.

9. ZoSo

ZoSo Generation 1

#9 ZoSo, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    I'm also having this problem. Running the game on a 2600K 4.5, 580GTX, 8GB 1866. It's the first time in years i'm playing a game below 60 - 120 solid FPS in low settings. The game runs like crap in most maps, with spikes of 30 - 35 FPS. Unplayable for me right now.

I hope they release a fix soon, because the beta had this problem too and i thought it was going to be fixed on the release. Sadly i was wrong.

BTW. I tried the "shadows trick" and it got my game crashed everytime.

10. Lum Kuok Keong

Lum Kuok Keong Generation 2

*I7 930@3.35ghz not mhz. My bad.

11. iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

iLLcAtTiViSsiMo Generation 2

Totally sounds like a driver issue. Nvidia released a gpu driver specifically mentioning performance stability for Titanfall. Can you tell us what driver version you are using?. Your specs should certainly run it a high with little to no issues. Maybe it's an issue with your AMD processor? Either way you should start with your gpu driver.

12. MjrRawne

MjrRawne Generation 1

I have the exact same issue. Server time-out when loading map at Texture resolution High setting. I have no issue whatsoever at Medium setting.

Q6600 @ 3.4mhz (lol don't laugh)
    MSI Hawk GTX 560 ti 1Gb VRAM
    G.SKILL DDR2 4 Gb
    Nvidia driver version 335.23
    V-Sync to Off

Seems that my 4 Gb is a common issue here...

13. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

nVidia has *NOT* released a driver with performance stability for Titanfall. nVidia has released a driver updating the 3D rating for the game, but the game hates it anyway and doesn't let you surpass 30FPS (with a pitifully low GPU usage mind you) when running in 3D, so that's pointless.

As for the people who are having to use low/medium/high texture quality settings with your cards: This game's vRAM usage is through the roof. Insane EASILY uses up 4GB of vRAM, "Very high" makes my friend's GTX 780Ti 3GB card lag... he has to play on high. Medium quality and such for 2GB cards isn't unheard of. I know people were able to use "high" in the beta, but the release has lots of unoptimizations compared to the beta, so we'll likely need these to be patched out instead of expecting a driver-based performance boost.

And as I had posted in another thread, do not confuse texture resolution with texture quality. Resolution simply means the size and how much memory it requires to be loaded; quality is the quality of the drawn textures. Running CoD: BO1 at 4K resolution downscaled to 1920 x 1080 will probably make stuff look sharp as hell, but no matter what you do, Crysis 3's gonna look 10 times better even if only rendered at 1080p, because Crysis 3 has better texture quality.

14. flukester

flukester Generation 2

#14 flukester, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Really? Wow I will try that. I hope you are right and they fix it too. It's weird because it was working great up and until recently but now it's just unplayable, I'm like probably getting 10fps or something. Anyhow going to give your idea a shot now. Thanks

EDIT: Sorry Tgrabble, did not work for me. Maybe you are ATI? In fact doing what you say crashed the game first time around. Every time I exit it's always trying to send a MS Crash Report. I've been playing this for a while now, no fps problems or anything but now all of a sudden I got fps problems and crashing big time. I tried resetting the game settings and stuff to no avail. I'm not re-installing the game. Game doesn't even detect my system properly, telling me to run game at 1280x720 when nVidia Experience says 1920x1080. Game is pretty f'd up with some pretty bad video bugs. I hope they fix it asap. I can play other games just fine. Oblivion Maxxed as well as FC3, BF4,Star Conflict.

15. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

GeForce experience is rarely correct in its optimization I've noticed. For example: it tells me to use "high" texture resolution for titanfall when I don't drop under 60fps on insane, and to use 4x MSAA even though 8x CSAA has about the same performance hit and looks better. But it tells me to run BF4 on ultra, but run Sleeping Dogs without using "extreme" anti aliasing. It tells me to max Saint's Row 4 and Far Cry 3, though both games constantly get under 60fps while doing so. It's very odd in its "optimization". It also tells me to NOT max Fallout New Vegas. Like... wat? That game runs on anything from a GTX 260 and above on max.

16. flukester

flukester Generation 2

Cool it's Contrary Day! Don't you love Contrary Day!? I do!

Well wish that was my experience but for me it's typically bang on. Sucks it doesn't work for you. Everyone I know who plays this game and various others with me don't have a problem with nVidia Experience. All speak highly of it.

In the end, I think I got it working better by right clicking on the titanfall.exe and setting compatibility options. Turn off theme's and desktop composition. Interestingly with all the settings as stated in nVidia Experience still set and enforced in the game.

The game has video issues and I hope they fix them.

Tomorrow may be a diferent result.

17. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

This game does indeed have issues.
    Also, I think that geforce experience doesn't read my system correctly or something... maybe because I have laptop cards. I do have a third party video BIOS on my cards, as the standard nVidia BIOS doesn't give enough power to my 120Hz screen apparently. So maybe that's why, but I usually change everything it says.

Please note though I am a very advanced user, so I don't expect more casual PC gamers to go custom as much as I do.

18. CrunchyBit

CrunchyBit Generation 2

#18 CrunchyBit, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Whats up guys! So after a little bit of digging up information, I have managed to fix the low performance issue I was getting in the game. It turns out that my GPU was on a PCIE X4 slot which cause the game to have poor performance. Now, I am able to run the game on Very High Settings with MSAAx2. However there is one map that I struggle to run a constant 60fps, Lagoon. My guess it has to do something with the water physics because every other map runs fine for me. Some of the things that I have done to make this game run smoothly was disabling Vsync withing the game and turning on Vsync from the Nvidia Control Panel "3D Settings." Further more, the game seems to not like MSAA too much but it runs fine on my PC at MSAAx2. If you're like me and hate jaggies, what you can do is enable FXAA withing the Nvidia Control Panel "3D Settings" and turning off MSAA in the game. Jaggies will be less noticeable but it won't be as sharp compare to MSAA, regardless you will get better performance using FXAA. I hope this helps anyone out there having performance issues with the game.

19. Tgrable

Tgrable Generation 2

I know you say it uses a lot of vram, but I was running insane on 1080p at 144 vsync refresh and I was only showing about 1.6mb of use on my g15 evga precisionX addon.

Here is the gameplay video from a quick test. I didn't play spectacular or anything lol.

20. Tgrable

Tgrable Generation 2

i guess links don't work... hmmm