Cluster missile trick...how to do properly?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by AGoneCZ, Sep 22, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AGoneCZ

AGoneCZ Generation 1

Hi guys,

Everybody who plays TF more than a bit knows this trick. When pilot jumps on you and you don´t have smoke, you just shoot your cluster missile against wall and you turn back to it so it can kill the pilot....

What happens to me is, that when enemy does this trick, he kills me immedeately-well lets say in a second (so i have to jump off when i see we´re getting close to wall and before he shoot it). I was comparing my video with killcam video and I do all the same as they do, but I have to wait several seconds till it kills enemy pilot, it takes whole shield + over 70% of hp and thats kinda bad deal.

Any suggestions how to master this trick? I even tried to shoot it a bit up and under the niche so the pilot was completely blocked and fully in explosions, but still it took so long to kill him.

Thanx for any reactions, let´s get better and better.

2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

When you shoot the cluster missile and put your back to the wall, hop out of the Titan (usually duck, look down and get out), it gives your Titan a bit of invincibility when that animation is happening and then hop back in.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That is a nice tip.

I have another rodeo-related tip if you do have Electric Smoke. Before you pop it, back your titan up against a wall and then pop it, then start punching straight up. It gives the pilot zero chance of survival, because if they try to jump off it only let's them go straight up if your back is against the wall, so they will jump right into your punch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've given it half a second then boosted backwards and got a few road kills from popping the electric smoke too.

EDIT : Had to share this again seeing as its a rodeo thread. Warded off three of the little bas***ds!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nice one! You are pretty darn good Bruvas. Nice job!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

This is the most efficient way.

If you have nearby threats though and dont wanna get outta your titan, shoot the cluster head level or against an overhead surface, turn around so your backs against the wall and press the tbag button a couple times.