Forum Creating a great way for increased activity on Forum and Titanfall

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by JamieDJ8887, Apr 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

I would have messaged this.. but I could not figure out how to send a Private Message.

Hi everyone!

I wanted to see about introducing an idea here, that worked for a halo community I was a part of. Ironically enough, I have just about quit playing Halo, to play Titanfall. I am on the 360 only, so my kind of based on that platform, however this idea could be implemented on all platforms for this game.

This site would be home to the idea, and would help increase activity not only here, but on the game itself.

So here goes..
    We would have 2 factions, the IMC, and the Militia. Each army would have its own sub forum. It would be discouraged to have members of the IMC view the Militia forums and vice-versa.

Within each armies sub forum each army would have a squad consisting of 6-8 members. Each side could have any number of squads/players.
    Each week the admin would choose 2 maps to be battled on, and each side would get together on Sunday to battle on the 2 maps. Which ever side wins, would "capture" that map.
    Once the maps have been cycled through, on the final maps, whichever side has the most wins, WINS.

This could be discussed, and more fine tuned.

• Creative Creative x 2
  2. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Excuse my language, but holy shit...this is a VERY cool idea!!! I'll get on the horn with @WhoIsDo and maybe we can get something like this implemented for a weekly event or something along those lines. Freaking awesome idea, @JamieDJ8887! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

Thanks!

Obviously we could continue to improve upon this idea with custom game lobbies coming to the 360.

We could go as far as creating a "War-Map" to fight along. With each army owning a capital.
    To reach the other sides capital, you would have to not only win on each map, but have the set # of wins on each game type as well. This would help prolong the event.

After each War, sides from each army could switch if they desired, to help keep the "community" feel.
    Each side could have a faction leader that would help organize these events each Sunday. Coordinating squads against the others sides.
    Imagine, 8-10 games happening at once, on one map. People streaming, and having a good time, but also still having that competitive feel as well!

• Creative Creative x 2
  4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

This is a really cool idea, Jamie! I'd personally love to have something like this on the site. Going to brainstorm some more ideas to help it work!

5. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

Let me know, I'd be more than willing to help out!

6. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

with private matches hitting 360, this is now a possibility, please let me know if we can do this, as i'd be more than happy to help out!

• Like Like x 1
  7. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

This is definitely going to happen, I'm just fleshing out full plans & guidelines. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to send more detailed information!

8. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

this sounds pretty epic sign me up

9. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

how do you PM on this site? LOL

10. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

It unlocks once you've reached 15 posts. You're getting close!

11. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

Great ideas guys. Maybe have some sort of reward. A ribbon/ medal for the winning team to display in the sigs hear on the site? Can't wait for this to happen.

12. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

Great Idea, and could definitely be done!

• Like Like x 1
  13. pian0man16

pian0man16 Generation 2

Just one question, how would you incorporate multiple platforms into this? I only have an Xbox One

14. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

Well each platform is a different battle front we can have a champion or winner for each system.

15. pian0man16

pian0man16 Generation 2

Sounds good, sign me up

16. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

from the sound of things, this will be happening once the admin has sorted the details out.

glad to see so many interested in this!

17. BloodShot9001

BloodShot9001 Generation 3

@JamieDJ8887 I was part of a minecraft forum for awhile (still am, but more as a "retired admin"), and we did something similar to this with one of our PvP maps. It worked a lot because there were "rivalries" with a bunch of players, in addition to a lot of "cliques" and other groups that people liked having. Of course, it wasn't implemented terribly well due to a lack of plugins, but aside from that everyone loved the incorporation of Forum to PvP, and of course having "major factions" makes it seem like you're a part of something big. So I'm all for this idea, it sounds amazing, and of course you sound like you have a lot of experience with forums and other stuff like that. :p

18. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

this guy will definitely be, being on the militia team. Just saying. IMC yeah "I MOSTLY CAMP"!!

19. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

This sounds really good @JamieDJ8887, this is a great idea. Its very similar to the Tournament idea we have been talk about amongst the Elite Pilots, Mods and Admin. I have faith that @WhoIsDo will have this ironed out as soon as possible, however this will take man power to run. He might need to wait until he has more staff on board.

This is only one of the many things I know he is working on. This site is going to explode in the near future!

20. JamieDJ8887

JamieDJ8887 Generation 2

i have been a moderator/admin, and leader of a faction similar to this for over a year now. With the experience i have, i'd be more than willing to help out any way possible.

This idea is what this game needs.