Dear Respawn

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Aug 19, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

if I wanted to play Call of Duty I'd buy the game.

This feels just like COD the kill ratios everything. The look of the game....

Signed.

Sad

• Like Like x 1
  2. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

What is seriously going on with that absolutely stupid red outline of the enemy?

Is this going to stay like that?

35 kills a game for these guys?

COD 2.0 is what this game is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I argued that CoD copied Titanfall one when they came out with wall running etc. I think your comparisons are running in the wrong direction!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Haha....fair

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i totally agree with you , bellow is some thing i read in here on a different post and agree with the letter. and would like for others to read as it says a lot of what we are thinking.

A Letter To Respawn .

Part 1: Intro
    This is a rather long post that I'd like to address to Respawn, and I hope that you don't take my criticisms too personally but just consider them as well as my compliments.
    Part 2: Impressions
    I'll admit, my first impression of the game from the gamescom stream was definitely less than stellar. However, after watching some streams, I changed my mind. New abilities look great, bounty hunt looked awesome too!
    Today, I went to a friend's house (I don't have a console) and I got to try it for myself. My new feeling is that; It's awful. And I don't mean this in a mean or rude way, the game Respawn has made is a very solid and fun shooter. The problem is that it's almost nothing like titanfall, and more like black ops 3 in a titanfall setting. Titans are less of a game mechanic and more of an environmental gimmick to remind you that you're not playing COD. If you're not in bounty hunt, a Titan is a rare sight, like behemoths in BF1 except they're given as killstreaks and not as a balancing tool. The issue here is not how long it takes to get a Titan, but how you go about getting one. This also ties in to my thoughts about the grunts and the replacement of attrition.
    Part 3: Grunts, Attrition, and the like.
    Titanfall 2 has a complete lack of and is totally devoid of life. What I loved most about attrition, grunts, and titanfall's game modes in general was the feeling of a Battlefield that it had. Even though it was only 6v6, it felt like a real war. The grunts, dropships, and spectres dropping in and fighting gave me the feeling that there was something much bigger than just the pilots.
    The ambient dialogue from the grunts was very immersive (all 35gb of it) and also told us a ton of what we know from the lore.
    It was really cool hopping through a window and seeing a grunt mourning his buddy or dragging him our of the lime of fire. Or occasionally, you could break up a fight between a friendly grunt and enemy spectre.
    In titanfall 2, all of that is gone. Grunts and spectres now have set numbers per wave ala frontier defense. There's no chance to experience a random encounter, the feel of war is lost etc. They spawn in set numbers, get picked off, and then a little later the next wave begins, whereas in tfall1 there was a steady stream of combatants.
    In attrition I played to win, or more accurately, to have fun. Another thing I loved about attrition is that any player with nearly any skill level could contribute to the team without having to go Uber try hard enhanced smart pistol. Attrition was an easy to pick up, fun for all ages game mode. When I first started playing titanfall in the second to last week of March 2 years ago, I had fun and contributed to my team even though I was terrible. Killing grunts and spectres was just as valuable if not more valuable then pvp, and any player could do it. Not only that, but it kept camping from being a more viable playstyles then running. If you camped, the enemy was free to farm grunts. In titanfall 2, camping is not only viable but is currently the only way to play. If you try to wallrun or do any sort of parkour you'll just get sniped or shot thanks to the new TTK. The lack of grunts and spectres and their worthlessness in terms of score removes this "fun for all ages" aspect. Drew McCoy said something recently along the lines of Bounty Hunt being Attrition 2.0, and I can't disagree more. It feels the other way around.
    Part 3.5: Grunts and Earning Titans
    Witnessing a titanfall in titanfall 2 is almost a rarity, and not because of easily tweaked meter values. Titans no longer being on a timer, and the lack of grunts/spectres is a huge mistake. Another feature that contributed to titanfall's fun for all ages was that everyone would get a Titan eventually. Not a good PvP player, but an awesome Titan pilot? Don't worry, wait a bit or farm some grunts and you'll get your Titan. That's totally gone as well. Upping the grunt counts in Bounty Hunt might help a bit, but in other game modes where grunts have been removed? This also kept the game balanced, as one team would never be completely stomping the other with Titans.
    With the new system, the opposite is true. The only matches where someone will have a Titan is one where the skill gap is so large between teams that one team will never get Titans while the other team does. I thought at first that the Titan meter going down when your performance goes down was a joke, because it's such a big "fuck you" to anyone who enjoyed the original game.
    Part 3.75: The removal of attrition
    Adding on to what I said before about bounty hunt replacing attrition, I think this was a terrible idea. It's an astonishing mystery to me why you decided to replace it. Even 2 years later, when every other game mode is totally dead, attrition has a solid and consistent minimum of 200 players playing AT ANY TIME OF DAY!!! I can play literally all day. I sometimes stay up to 6 am playing attrition just because I can.
    Part 4: Map Design
    After spending some time playing on and exploring the maps, I'm very disappointed by the map design. I'm totally bewildered by how, after the abomination known as Fracture, and Respawn's following track record of making nothing but amazing maps after, that the first featured maps include not one, but two maps that suffer from the same problems. I hope that the other titanfall 2 maps do not follow in the same vein. That's all I can really say for now.
    Part 5: Titan Combat and Rodeos
    Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned issues with earning Titans I can't say too much. I rarely got Titans in hardpoint and when I did, it's because I was crushing the other team so hard that they didn't have a chance at getting one.
    From what I did get to see, there is a huge lack of depth in Titan Combat. The lack of regenerating shields means that even in the hands of pro players, Titans are a little more than disposable. Titan fights have been dumbed down to being nothing more than whoever can land hits first. And I know I'm not the only one, all I see browsing the internet are complaints about Titans not even lasting 45 seconds.
    And even then, thanks to the new core abilities, even if you win a Titan standoff with half your health remaining, a flame core or laser core can you from half health to doomed in a matter of seconds. Even worse, being doomed no longer prevents you from using your core ability.
    For the new rodeo system, I absolutely love it. It promotes teamplay but at the same time doesn't really punish you for using the battery yourself. My only complaint is that shields aren't actually shields, but just an extra temporary health bar.
    I also love the new Titan loadouts. I think that design and balance wise, it's a great decision, and so far, with the exception of the core abilities, it seems to playing out very well.
    Part 6: Abilities
    I don't really have much to say about the abilities, because I love them. I think every one of them is great and/or a great improvement on the original. Stim is no longer a requirement, but in the right hands more capable. The grapple is a cool tool that can be detrimental if used wrong but amazing if used right. Et cetera. All in all, good fucking job Respawn!
    Part 7: Factions
    Okay, this part is sort of a rant. Switching the new factions with the IMC and Militia is a terrible idea. I can't even fathom the idea of someone at Respawn saying "Ok, our fans loved the lore of the two factions and want more. Let's create a singleplayer campaign that does just that, and then ditch them in the main game." The feeling of two warring factions is totally gone and everyone looks the same. All I can say is, what the fuck? Why?!
    Ok, rant over.
    Part 8: Conclusion
    I might add more to this but for now, that's all for now. All in all, while you (Respawn) took a few of the game's aspects and features a step or two forward, the rest fell 4 steps behind. As it stands now, it's very hard to be excited for this game. I've gone from bugging Vince (sorry!) for info on the pc collectors edition because I wanted it so badly, to not even wanting to pre order at all. I still have faith in you guys and the game, but I'll have to see it to believe it at this point. In conclusion, titanfall in its current state takes one step forward and 3 steps back, although I still have faith that it can be turned around on to the right path.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I'm so bummed by the game I can't describe it.

I've been looking forward to the new game just like everyone else.

I guess when you hire all the kids from the call of duty places this is what u end up with.

I can't even describe the level of disappointment I'm feeling.

No burn cards
    No gen levels
    No ogres.stryders..atlas..etc...

It's just a different game altogether....it's nothing like T1

Errrrrrr

7. Trini Chinese

i totally understand how you feel bro,
    with that said i don't mind the extra stuff but to remove what makes the game what it is DAME. WHYYYY

• Like Like x 1
  8. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Agreed. If they would have added to the original game it would have been fine.

But you take away the Core of the game and you have nothing.

9. Trini Chinese

reading a bit on titanfall site gamers are pissed off most are for the same reason if not all who played the first game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

This game is a Fail.

I have zero interest...and I didn't look forward to playing it again this morning.

11. Noise

Noise Generation 1

I agree this game is really bad!!! I for one am glad I haven't paid for this game already!!! I for one will not be buying whatever this is because it is not Titan Fall! I for one loved Titan Fall 1. This is Cod and I hate call of duty!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

same here, but am going to get what i can from the game , i have put my views across and supported others with there views with in reason, if it was not for the collector edition helmet i would not have picked up the game at launch , good thing is the campaign is made from a different team so there is hope there. i hope when the full game launch there are major changes and hope that this is not all that we are to expect and this is not what gamers wanted in the first place ,
    we wanted new things improvements from the first not the removal of what made the first game what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

You said it well here.

We wanted things added to the game...certainly not things taken away......

I think here is the problem. They simply took too much out of the original game. It's not just one or two things........it's overboard....

• Like Like x 2