Dear Respawn

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Basic stupidity, Aug 20, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Basic stupidity

Basic stupidity Generation 2

The community right now is very angry at you guys right now and I want to be as clear as possible. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR DEMANDS. The community which the cod franchise hasnt learned yet is not always right. This is because the community doesnt know what they want. After playing your game I personally thought you guys made the titans as perfect as possible. I thought it was excellent that you made the titans a support like streak. This makes the game less saturated with titans and makes the titan so much more satisfying to have because you know that you earned it and not just hid around the map for. This also makes the games different and vary every time leaving with a more replayable experience. In titanfall 1 there was always 2 phases, 1.the pilot phase and 2.the titan phase. This made the game very repetitive and didnt make the interesting dynamic of pilots versus titans occur very often.

Also the titans take legitimate skill to perform better than the other titans with the titan classes now. I always found myself in titanfall 1 going through the same routine with the titan, I get one titan kill and then the next time i see a titan I die. Now thanks to the green power cores and the individual setups the titan classes have, ive found that I can take on multiple titans and if I handle everything perfectly I may even win. This adds excitement back into every titan fight. Also making the titans have more defenses against pilots but making them slower to accommodate for it really helps with the titan and pilot dynamic making it feel more even. Usually in titanfall 1 I almost always felt like I was in a disadvantage using the titan. I always felt that I could get more kills and help the team more if I just got out of my titan. However, now that I have many more options and counters to pilots and titans I always feel its better for me to have a titan. WHICH IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.

Making actual map power points in the towers and building roof tops, which the gaming industry as a whole has been incapable of doing recently, was genius by you guys because of the difficulty that the verticality possesses .

Overall, only small changes need to be made from making the grapple hook more usable (probably make the distance farther or propelling faster), maybe adding a third support streak like incentive like the super charge weapons but make it before the supercharge and make sure it adds gameplay variety, and maybe make the pilots move faster while jumping off of walls. This game has excellent potential and as long as you stick to your stuff Respawn this game can be one of the best shooters since MW2. This community wouldnt know potential if it slapped them in the face and screamed I have potential. Thank you for all your work.

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Autumn Wind

Autumn Wind Generation 2

How much Titanfall 1 did you play? What do you know about the Titanfall community? If you felt like the Titans in the first one put you in a disadvantage then you're doing something wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Basic stupidity

#3 Basic stupidity, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    I played titanfall 1 as long as a could (reached max perstige) until I started feeling like the matches were literally pointless because of how low the replay value. The number one problem with the titanfall community is that they dont know what they want. They think that just adding more guns and titans will increase a games replayability ten fold. What the game devs have done, now that is how you increase a games replayability make risk/reward situations that also add to the gameplay variety and theyve done that with the boosts/titans/titan's cores (especially the titans cores, it was beautiful what theyve done making the classes so that the cores each add different variety and tactics to the titan battles and still rewards the player with new experiences and self accomplishment). The titanfall community appears to be a bunch of whiny kids that dont understand how game development works and the titans in titanfall 1 struggled to leave an impact in games. I guarantee you I was not doing anything wrong but I believe the community is playing this game wrong. This game is an improvement and now takes skill and people dont seem to get that this game has a skill gap now and they think that its the games fault that they arent winning.

As long as Respawn understands this I feel comfortable in them however i have a VERY strong feeling they will see all this backlash and hang themselves by giving the community what they think they want.

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 4
  4. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Your rant is <insert your forum name> Respawn should listen to its community.

• Like Like x 3
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  5. Basic stupidity

Why dont you give me a legitimate reason why i am wrong?

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
  6. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

First off you are using your accomplishments in the first game to justify your standing with your opinion. No one cares that you maxed out, congrats..
    Second off you are demeaning the opinions of multiple members of this community by telling Respawn not to listen to us which is disrespectful to not only the rest of us but towards our administrators.

My fellow pilot have any opinion you want towards the game but we are all equal and our speech as well as thoughts all hold value here, but the moment you start bashing other people's opinions and disrespecting this community you are Wrong.
    It's nothing but Basic Stupidity.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As I've said in other threads, this original poster has one thing right. He has named himself correctly.

Autumn Wind nailed it:
    "How much Titanfall 1 did you play? What do you know about the Titanfall community? If you felt like the Titans in the first one put you in a disadvantage then you're doing something wrong."

Let's call a spade a spade, this is one of those COD short bus players who is now a tickled little girl because they have taken what was a great game and made it like the piece of crap that is COD. Notice how he said, "The community which the cod franchise hasnt learned yet is not always right.", and "This game has excellent potential and as long as you stick to your stuff Respawn this game can be one of the best shooters since MW2."

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
    If you want to play COD, then go play COD.
    And if the developers want to develop COD, then go develop COD.

But Titanfall was the best video game I've ever played in my life and now if this idiot COD short bus dude is happy about TF2, then any of us who loved Titanfall should be concerned.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I could care less..
    This a community for all.
    Respect others or respectfully leave.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Basic stupidity

I only stated my accomplishments because ive been asked countless times did i even play tf1.

Also, I didnt really get the message of the everyone is entitled to their own opinion when i get flagged for spam every post.

The problem with your guy's opinions is that they have no substance but they can be very hurtful to the franchise, especially when you dont even know what you want.

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
  10. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Who are you.. To make that assumption..
    I know what I want
    @Trini Chinese Im pretty sure knows what he wants @KernelClamjuice has been pretty vocal too on what he feels would make him happy..

Who are you to claim this community doesn't know what it wants.

Respawn as a franchise will do just fine, this community is one of the few ways we can express our selves and our opinions towards Titanfall and Titanfall 2 as well as someday Titanfall 3 and beyond. We come together to share our love and appreciation for a game here! So forgive me when I say that some people are allowed to be upset if they feel disappointed! And you have no right to tread on them or anyone especially the community as a whole. You wanna stop getting down voted? Stop being a grunt everyone wants to kill and start acting like a pilot who's been trained better..

• Like Like x 3
  11. Basic stupidity

First of all I used MW2 as an example because it is only one of the most bought and played shooters ever. Second of all, wake up call buddy these guys were the original cod devs and they made tf1. Third, give me one, ONE, just ONE, legitimate reason why this is any more cod like than tf1. If you hate everything that has to do with cod that much why are you playing shooters, let alone a shooter made by cod devs

12. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

If we're gonna start throwing stats out.

I've got 98days 2hours 31 mins of Titanfall Playing time.

Think about that! Lol. I've been MVP 900 times exactly...

13. Basic stupidity

I dont think you guys do if you keep saying that you want replayability and yet not any of these functions that have been provided in tf2. This game was made for replayability, and contrary to what youve been told and perhaps believe, adding more guns and equipments do not add replayability.

14. Basic stupidity

I cant take you seriously when you report me on every post.

15. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

That's your opinion and I'm glad you feel that way, just know you don't speak for us.;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

We played T1 because IT WAS NOT LIKE traditional shooters.

It was unique . The whole flow of the game. The interaction....just about everything about it....differed from that of a traditional shooter.

17. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

You can look up my gamer stats friend.......it will tell u everything u need to know.

Everything out of you has been diarrhea of the mouth since your first post....

I'm just sayin. We all can't be wrong ..

18. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Haha according to him yes we can.. remember you mess with him you mess with God :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Basic stupidity

#19 Basic stupidity, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Its not a matter of being wrong or right when considering how good a game is. What is a matter of being wrong or right is how to make a game good for a specified audience.

The hypocrisy in this forum is beyond belief. Saying all opinions are valid and yet disparaging others opinions

20. Basic stupidity

But the problem is you guys are speaking for the entire tf community
    Saying the game isnt even titanfall and that it needs massive changes.
    You do realize that these devs will actually listen to you guys and the problem with that is some people may actually like the game like the way it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.