Deep progression system

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ThirdGuyver, Jul 10, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 2
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  2. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Thanks for the read......

3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes it was a good read. Just makes me more excited. And it only... July!!!!!:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eazyridr73

Eazyridr73 Generation 3

aahhh hell i can't read... i need like popups or maybe a coloring section.. hahha

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

If like a bit more of progression for the pilot. The current one was cool, but hitting gen 10 was not too hard. I don't mind a bit of a grind here and there!

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Is it me or does it just seem like there is a lot of moaning and groaning about one thing or another with T2.o_O And this is before the other 99% of us that have yet to touch the game.:rolleyes: I don't have anything to whine about,,, maybe after I finally get the game, see for myself and make my own opinion.;) Can't wait to see what it'll be like come the launch. Stop robbing my off my Titanfall 2 is coming joy!:D... and just chill.:cool:

7. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

There were a couple of grindy bits genning up, but thoroughly enjoyed it (twice). I'm really looking forward to any development on the progress system #tooexcited

8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Good point,. Arent games there to be enjoyed? I love talking about TF, and respawn have done a good job of drumming up all manner of discussion, good and bad. But yes, at the end of the day, get it in that machine in october and enjoy the shizzle out of it!

• Like Like x 2
  9. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

The Titanfall's progression system was excellent starting point to something more profound.
    To hit Gen10 you needed to have good understanding of all weapons & ordnances as well as basic practice with goosing or titan executions. Resetting let you accumulate more burn cards but also put you in a slightly disadvantageous position due to limited assortment of weapons available at starting levels.

The follow up - ranked system - could have been more polished. There was no incentive to enable it other than to understand your skill level in comparison to other players. And maybe to ease team balancing.

Overall, lack of deep progression system was a disappointment for a game that focused entirely on multiplayer.

Personally, I would give this feature more focus than to single player campaign.
    And I'm glad that Respawn engaged Todd to work on that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It seems to be the case with every game coming out, or at least the anticipated ones. I guess it shows that the community gives a damn in some respects, but there's also an element of self entitlement in the gaming community now, where people feel it's their 'right' to demand certain things or features from developers and publishers, and this is what hacks me off.

A lot of forums and threads on gaming sites have folk kicking off when new announcements come out about features or changes to games. Overwatch is changing the rules on multiple characters not being allowed in challenge matches, and someone on EG went mental saying he'd never play it again. Stupid and childish...

• Like Like x 2
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I really wish the progression system was infinite. Even if I've been playing the game for over 2 years, it would still be nice to be able to strive for a higher level and have new challenges to complete so I could hear the satisfying ching-ching's of completing challenges during games. Plus, it would give you a better picture of what you are up against. If you go up against a Gen10/Level50, you have no idea if he reached that in April of 2014 or just yesterday. Makes a big difference. I would rather have the guy who reached it yesterday be a Gen10/Level50 and the guy who reached in April 2014 be maybe a Gen80/Level50 by now. This wouldn't be hard to do. The programmer could just develop an increasingly harder challenge randomizer.

Also, if you are going to have a Rank system, then you should have it on for everyone at all times and not allow the option to turn it off. This would also give a more accurate picture of what you are up against.

Honestly though, I believe any type of Rank system should really have a seperate rank for each mode for each player. Maybe someone would be a Diamond V at Hardpoint, but only a Gold IV at Attrition. That would be another way of receiving more accurate information.

I think it would be really useful to get into say an Attrition game and see that a guy is Gen80/Level50, but a Gold IV in that mode. That would immediately tell me that this guy has really played this game a lot, but that maybe Attrition isn't his strong suit.

Ideally, being the computer programmer I am, I would love to see the Rank system for each mode sort of incorporate what I have included in other threads as what I think matchmaking should be based on, which is:

-Experience (must include many factors, can't rely on Prestige/Level only)
    --Prestige/Level - 25% weighted (will measure skill with multiple weapons)
    --Total In-Game Time - 25% weighted (will measure intel, knowledge of maps/modes)
    --Winning Percentage Last 10 Games In Current Mode - 50% weighted (effectiveness)
    ---P = Prestige (1 through 10, ignoring Level)
    ---T = Time Spent In-Game (up to 500 hours, anything over 500 will equal 500)
    ---W = Wins In Last 10 Games Of Current Mode
    ---this makes all 3 have a base of 10, which makes the weighting work
    ---ATTEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 ATT
    ---HPEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 HP
    ---CTFEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 CTF
    ---LTSEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 LTS
    ---MFDEXP = (P * 0.25) + (T/50 * 0.25) + (W * 0.5) <<< W = wins in last 10 MFD

Those 5 variables derived from those formulas would basically be what determines your rank in each mode.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

At then 10 lvl 50, there should be the option to reset, but you get a small bronze star next to your tag. This changes to silver, gold then platinum. When you have 5 platinum it could change to a red star, then the process of adding bronze etc starts again. The red could then change to another colour down the line etc to keep it going.

• Like Like x 1
  13. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

ensc, These are some really good remarks. The infinite system, no way to opt out from ranked and rank separation per mode would vastly improved multiplayer experienced and likely ease team balancing.

To keep challenges interesting, some of them could require you perform them on highly skilled enemy, e.g. lvl 1 goose would be to score 5 ejecting enemies but at lvl 10 you would need to goose gen10 pilots, of whom many apply the trick to stim / spiral in air to avoid being goosed.

14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes Bruvas, your colored stars is a good idea.

Thank you temporar. I really appreciate your kind words. I just love this game and appreciate anything that would make it more challenging, fun and enjoyable even if you've been playing it a lot for 2 years. Your suggestion of requiring higher level opponents to complete challenges is really good.