Destiny Beta

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sgt_rawk, Jul 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Thoughts?

2. Ariadne81

Ariadne81 Generation 1

The beta was amazing! No comparison to any game that's currently out!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Had a lot of fun with the beta, but hoping there's a LOT of content in the final game. Really can't wait to explore new areas in the game come September!

4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I definitely enjoyed the beta. Looking forward to the full game.. gonna be a lot of fun to go exploring with friends.

5. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Agree...I thought it was achingly beautiful and a really engaging universe to be part of. The crucible (MP) was also nice and chunky..good and competitive. I was really impressed, haven't been that impressed for some time.

6. Crazy wee man

Crazy wee man Generation 2

Good fun, tho only played the last couple of days.... had me itching for a shooter after it finished..... back to Titanfall it is XD

7. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

Call of Borderlands: Halo Edition

• Like Like x 1
  8. Drecq

Drecq Generation 2

I enjoyed the beta, I wasn't thrilled with the level cap at 8...kinda felt 10 would have been better but I wont complain too much on that point. The game has a great deal of potential and I am glad they are taking their time and working out the bugs. The only bugs I found was there was a time when a couple of enemies where "Invulnerable" no matter how many times you shot them or hit them they wouldn't die, and then a couple ended up attempting to get "dead locked" inside some cars but they were fixed pretty quick.

I can't wait till the game is fully launched. Though I didn't hear if you were able to keep your Beta characters or if we had to start over...either way is fine with me but I was wondering that.

9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

According to the interwebz you get to continue on established characters...

10. Drecq

Drecq Generation 2

That's good to know. Some beta's do that, some do not, I have been in both lol.

11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

They have just announced that they will not allow carry over from the beta to the full game based on the fact that there were so many tweaks that it wouldn't work. Oh well back to square one.

12. XxPaintz

XxPaintz Generation 2

I wouldn't want my beta character but its a shame ill lose my rare items I didn't get to use because of the level cap!

13. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I loved Destiny. My friends and I all love Halo and Destiny will be a absolute blast! Too bad only 1 of my friends got a xbox one (yesterday just for Destiny lol). But being a huge campaign kinda guy myself, Destiny will be amazing!

14. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Can't wait my Destiny is already pre-loaded on my console so come midnight it's go time. Unless I'm working lol

15. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I was thinking of predownloading Destiny but in my current xbox one state I don't trust that thing with digital downloads... it lags and freezes and stops working helluva lot now lol. So preordering Destiny on Disc now! What sucks is schools starting acouple days before Destiny is released too lol. School and Work School and Work. The never ending cycle that we must endure for 1 hour of freetime before the cycle starts back up again.

16. Crazy wee man

On the fence ATM, played the beta, enjoyed that but I can get 2 games before Xmas, one is defo horizon 2. I'm torn between Diablo, and Destiny for the other.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've got Titanfall, I've just bought the Metro games, Minecraft is round the corner and the Master Chief collection is coming. Sweet Jesus. I need to mortgage the house. Again.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Crazy wee man

From day one till Titanfall dropped it was just Forza 5, then t'fall, really pleased I bought it, then Watchdogs, liked it but only clocked 24 hours on it. Just watched some Destiny interviews and I think that's the way to go. So will get that. Then Horizon 2. I can see these last 2 keeping me entertained for a very, very long time. Maybe inquisition.

I very much like to get my moneys worth out of a game. Giving the length of time they plan on supporting Destiny I think it is going to be one of the major titles of this Gen. And one I'd like to get, Beta was really good, and before Titanfall I have never really played shooters much. Titanfall is always going to have a special place tho.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

My only problem with Destiny is the amount of disappointment the 'next gen' games have provided me with.

Watchdogs being the main culprit and Titanfall being the exception.

I'm nervous about day 1 purchases now, especially after BF4. The Division? The Crew? Rainbow Six? Destiny? I'm still looking out for the 'next gen' experience I thought the XB1 and PS4 were going to usher in, yet most big games run on the 360 and PS3 with slightly lower resolution or frame rate.

I'm saying all this..... But looking forward to Minecraft! :p

20. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Well the transition isn't going to happen overnight. With the sales of both consoles going so well. I think the numbers how now high enough for developers to start making next gen only games from 2015 onwards so we can see the true potential of what theses consoles can do. I don't hesitate about Destiny I enjoyed the BETA as much as the Titanfall BETA and hoping the Crew BETA will make me consider it being a day one purchase because I'm still on the fence with that.

Other games I'm getting on release are franchise I love already such as GTAV, The Master Chief Collection, Assassins Creed & Dragon Age. Everything else is on my Rentals List.