Destiny...... yup.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Sep 14, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I never bought this due to the hype and being stung by Watchdogs.

After reading some reviews (CvG and Polygon) and the user comments on these, is it as hollow as every one is saying it is?

Reckon I'll look for this pre-owned rather than be disappointed again.

2. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I got Destiny day one and im apart of the Destiny Overwatch forums, suggest you visit there if you want a forum like this (but Destiny Overwatch is hell of a lot more active).
    Anyway, Destiny has a lot of fun things to do and all, but if you want a game with a good story, Destiny isn't the best choice. The story isn't put together well and lacks luster. Earth's missions are very repetitive, but after you play a bit Venus and Mars are amazing. Destiny does a crappy job of telling you how to earn stuff/what to do with stuff/ what the hell the stuff is.
    If you don't buy a game JUST for story, Destiny is amazing. You should REALLY play with friends to get the full experience of the raids/strikes/ and multiplayer. Everything is well-thought out and fun. Don't listen to the negative reviews and just focus on your personal thoughts though.
    This looks like a rant but really, Destiny is a great game that just needs a little more lore and story development. I love everything else about it though!

3. gh0stm4gg0t

gh0stm4gg0t Generation 2

I thought it'd be crap, but I ummm... bought it anyway.

It actually is nicer than borderlands, although I do worry about the itemisation and I don't like the push to make you grind for weapons (that really doesn't exist in TF). I did that in WoW, I certainly don't want to do it again.

But it HAS its place. It's nice to chill out on when you can't get TF games and it's nice for a break.

For the record, I am playing it COLD, ie I'm not reading up on anything or researching the gear, min maxing etc... want to be surprised. I'm only really doing PvE on this (for now?), so I don't care if I'm not competitive, it's for the story.

One thing you guys should know, if you're bumper jumpers, Bungie was kind enough to cater for us. Thumbs up for that.