Titanfall Disappointed

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Antiquary, Oct 31, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Antiquary

Antiquary Generation 1

#1 Antiquary, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    I like the film grain, I like how the general pilot movement has been improved. I like some of the graphics. But I am so disappointed that you chose to dumb down and make the game ludicrously fast. This is like Saturday morning cartoon Titanfall that makes the original feel like an actual simulator for a real Titan. The matchmaking menus too - style over substance and functionality. I'll see if I can still get games in the original.

Good move with DLC - cosmetics is the way to go, crappy way to go with the paid reviews. Actual reviewers would sensibly compare the two games, not tell me that this new version is a 'thinking man's shooter' when it went 180 degrees the other way.

Please bring back Titanfall for Titanfall 3.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Will it be worth them making another one?

3. aldoboymusic

aldoboymusic Generation 2

I don't blame you for being disapointed, what respawn have done is more or less clone Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare and put Titans into it...

Good god what have they done to this game, this game doesn't play like the titanfall we know, infact it doesn't resemble anything like the original, but what it does resemble is a game that plays like crap.

When i first put the disc in, the first impression i got was that it started out ok, and ever so slightly resembed the first game, but that very quickly went away and was replaced with this awful advanced warfare game play.

There is no Titanfall resemblece at all in this game, they might as well strip the Titanfall bit out in this game.

Overall this game gets a 2 out of 10 from me...

It's not the worst FPS i have played, but it comes very very close... lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Antiquary

Antiquary Generation 1

The first game was incredibly enjoyable - yes. Give me actual time in a Titan, not 30 seconds in a chaotic mess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. aldoboymusic

aldoboymusic Generation 2

First game was probably my favourite shooter of all time, i used to be a big fan of the COD games back in the days of Black OPS 1 and Warfare 3 which were excellent, but after Black OPS 2, COD went to the wall as far as I'm concerned...

This COD clone aka Titanfall 2 is just about everything i hate, from the game play, to Titans not doing their job correctly.

It's basically this in the picture below...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. illegalfreq

illegalfreq Generation 1

I see more and more people on forums who are disappointed. I respect your opinion but I don't get it. After I gave a weekend to Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare: Remastered than get back to Titanfall 2 I see the huge differences. First Infinite Warfare is ugly as hell, graphics are worst than a remastered cod, gameplay too fast but maps are small and crap, weapons like plastic. Secondly Modern Warfare: Remastered is very good but it's too old school and I can tell you second Modern Warfare was better. The game is okay but I'm boring while I'm playing it because I've played it a lot back in time, I don't want to go back.

After these games I go back to play Titanfall 2 which is just awesome! Graphics are the best, weapons are heavy, mechs are pretty good, the atmosphere unbelievable!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Strange to hear someone say it's too fast when most posts say they've slowed it down.

Keep at it though, it is a good game.

8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Gotta disagree, later cods tried to clone tf!
    The gameplay is miles apart dude

• Like Like x 1
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I feel the same way.

Exactly, functionality should always be the primary goal.

THANK YOU!!! AGREE WITH THIS 1000%

I have felt things moved in this direction and I appreciate you confirming it from the perspective of someone who has played a lot of COD.

Yes, it feels like a completely different game and is very disappointing. I'm trying to give it a shot and I'm a Gen 3 already (and that's with still playing more TF1 than TF2), but TF2 just feels so unsatisfying to me. TF1 always leaves me feeling satisfied and like I was able to express myself and get something out of my system. TF2 just leaves me feeling frustrated, not just at the gameplay, but with the unnecessary design decisions made and the constant question of, "Why?", running through my head as I'm playing just adds to the frustration of the gameplay itself.

Yes, this is probably the most painful thing. You might as well be getting into a cardboard box that looks like a titan.

Again, I have felt things moved in this direction and I appreciate you confirming it from the perspective of someone who has played a lot of COD. Your image represents how I felt as we were moving through the tech test.

10. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This is surprising to me since I've seen a lot of people complain that the game is too slow. I've said that the movement is faster in TF2 (not base movement) but overall movement.

@aldoboymusic Also, I've played a LOT of CoD. I started playing CoD back in '03 when it was a PC exclusive and have bought and played every single one since. Titanfall has a general resemblance to CoD but really doesn't feel anything like any CoD I've ever played (TF1 or TF2).

11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It was surprising to me as well and overall, incorrect, I believe, but I think I know what Antiquary is referring too. If you pop stim, the stim actually is faster even than in TF1, which I do love. Also, Antiquary might be referring to how fast titans die, because they are cardboard boxes that look like titans. Also, Antiquary might be referring to how fast you die, because many times you are given no clue that anyone is even near you and no clue you are taking damage or where it is coming from, and then the annoying BOOM, white shock flash thing and your dead. So Stim, titan deaths and pilot deaths are 3 areas where the game might appear faster, with the Stim being one true welcome bright spot, but the latter two being glaring unwelcome problems in this version. Overall though, the game is slower (pilot ground speed and titan speed have been reduced drastically).

I understand where aldo is coming from. The first Titanfall had a very free and different feeling to it. It was not your typical FPS game, otherwise I would not have wanted anything to do with it. I believe aldo is suggesting that they've made intentional design decisions and taken a lot of steps to fit Titanfall 2 into the same mold of a traditional FPS game. We didn't need that. There are already plenty of choices for those. In my opinion, the majority of COD players prefer to pick a spot with good sightlines and try to hold that spot and get kill streaks from there. This was very difficult to do in the first Titanfall, because you had strong, fast titans with regenerating shields flying past you and blowing you out of them. And even if they lost a titan, they were going to get one back in a few minutes. Or, you had pilots whizzing past your spot at high speeds with varying altitudes. More importantly though, even when those pilots hit the ground they maintained most of their speed, so they were not so easy to pick off. You also had the smart pistol that would find the spots those COD players were sitting in. You also had giant, wide open maps with everything spread out, so most spots wouldn't give you very good map coverage. In Titanfall 2, so many design decisions favor those who want to find those spots and get kill streaks, such as:
    1) Smaller maps.
    2) Maps with choke points that force most of the action into one small area of the map. (hardpoint B on Complex is probably the best example, but hardpoint B on most maps is this way), where in the first Titanfall it was more of a triangular layout, You never had to go through one hardpoint to get to another one.
    3) Slower Titans.
    4) Weaker Titans.
    5) No Regenerating Shields on Titans.
    6) Longer time to get a new Titan when you lose one.
    7) Severely slowed ground speed for pilots making them easier targets.
    8) No smart pistol to counterract those who want to sit in spots (and a boost with like 12 rounds doesn't even count).
    9) The addition of Ticks and Pilot Sentries to defend you in those spots.

All of these design decisions pull the game away from what made it unique and special and push it closer to being a traditional FPS game like COD. I believe this is what aldo is trying to say.