DLC question

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Bruvas, Aug 28, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Here's a thought...

Given the choice, would you rather pay £45 for a game (about $74 converted) then pay for DLC down the line (let's say £40 for the likes of Battlefield premium) or would you rather pay £75 for a game (about $124 converted) and have all the DLC free when it came (along with the knowledge that everyone else has it too?)

This sprang to mind due to the slightly quieter servers titanfall is experiencing in part due to people playing specifically on DLC maps which everyone doesn't have. I remember Battlefield Bad Company games always giving all their maps for free which was boss.

2. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

If that was the case people would complain and ask why are they having to pay extra for additional content they might not want or like. Think the optional season passes are fine. Gives you a chance to see what's on offer and if it's worth buying now or later down the line like I did for the season pass.

3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I know what you mean. No one wants to be forced into paying for something they don't want, but that may be the case in buying the game in the first place.

I'm just tired of communities being segregated by DLC. Halo 3 became almost ruined by the fact that you needed most paid DLC just to find a game, whereas Bad Company 1&2 never charged for maps so there was a constant number of players to be found, right up to the launch of Battlefield 3.

I'm seeing this a bit in Titanfall too. The second wave of DLC is chockablock, where as the vanilla maps are 3's and 4's.

4. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Yeah know what you mean, was playing the DLC the other day 6v6 for +2hrs. Then when a mate joined who didn't have the DLC we went into the variety playlist was in a party of 4 and didn't get one full match for the hour we was gaming. At times it was starting 4v1. Just wasn't fun at all.

Hopefully a discount on them will get more people purchasing it.

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Fingers crossed. I fully understand the business structure of modern games with paid DLC and the pay-to-win model raking in coin for the publisher, but it pisses me off when you see trailers for DLC before the actual game release (the last 2 battlefield games being the main culprit)

Fair enough that Titanfalls DLC wasn't astronomical, but a lot of people would say for a full retail release without a single player campaign, you were playing full whack for half of what you'd get for some other games.

Guess I'm just sick of paying more money to a game I've all ready bought, but would feel as though I'm missing out on part of that game if I never bought it, then feel annoyed that I can't share that experience with some mates as they are not as fond of the game enough to warrant buying the DLC. Buggar me....

6. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Can understand that, my 2 pet hate DLC's are day one launch. And when games are blatantly rushed and incomplete and they use DLC to complete the game. Cause my view on DLC is that it's a optional extra to help enhance your gaming experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Halo 3 has only a few select playlists open to anyone without DLC :(.
    What I don't like is how games charge 60 dollars for it and they expect you to pay extra for DLC that should have been in the game already. Game developers need to start focusing on the main 60 dollar part instead of dishing out DLC for the extra money.

• Agree Agree x 1