Does Stealth Kit Silence Rodeo'ing Titans?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Rōnin Rick 831, Mar 26, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rōnin Rick 831

Rōnin Rick 831 Generation 2

Hey guys, so I've gotten pretty good at taking down titans while on foot by rodeo'ing them. The auto-titans are, of course, easy, as they just stop moving and stand there. The main thing stopping me from killing piloted titans is them popping electric smoke BECAUSE THEY CAN HEAR ME CLAMORING ABOUT ON THEIR HULL.

Of course, this is a good thing; it balances pilot vs titan fighting and has saved my own titan countless times. It's why I use electric smoke and nothing else; it vastly improves my survivability. What I'm wondering though, is will my character still make such a ruckus climbing aboard an enemy titan if I use the stealth perk kit. The description says it quiets footsteps or movement sounds I believe.

If it worked, it would be part of the perfect anti-titan build: Spitfire LMG with slammer mod, cloak, and stealth kit perk. You would mount them while invisible to them and their team mates, and by the time they get the actual "you are being rodeo'd" message and pop smoke, you would already have doomed them!

Thoughts?

2. Rōnin Rick 831

Rōnin Rick 831 Generation 2

3. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Wish I knew. But I'm not sure...

4. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

I've never not heard someone on my Titan, but it's possible that no one that jumps onto my Titan uses Stealth Kit.

I've personally tried using the Stealth Kit, but a Titan I rodeo'd still used their smoke quickly, so they probably heard me.