Does the gameplay look slow to anybody else?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Shralla, Jun 23, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

Specifically on the pilot side of things, I mean. And specifically with regards to the speed while wallrunning and after jumping off a wallrun. Those are the bread and butter speed maneuvers in Titanfall, and from the four-minute video, it looks to me as though they've had their respective speeds lowered. I might be wrong though, it might be the video quality, the person playing, or even just the FOV they were using while recording. That's why I wanted to ask here, does anybody else get the feeling the pilot movement speed is slower overall?

2. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

Wall running in the original is pretty slow too if you stay on it for more than half a second. It's probably just the way they are demonstrating it in the trailers that make it appear that way. I can't see them really slowing anything down so much that it would drastically change the game or flow of the maps except for b-hopping which has been addressed. It might be a little different or slower but after playing for a while I'm sure it'll be fine.

3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Having played it at EA Play, it doesn't feel slow to me at all. Slightly slower, like @Ik0n88x mentioned, but if you know how to use the map you'll still be deadly & as fast as ever.

5. AnimalFather

AnimalFather Generation 2

is the game still using Valve engine?

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I think it's frostbite.

7. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

They may have slowed it down due to the networking side of things getting skewy when you had an enemy running adrenaline boost while jumping around would often lead to you missing shots on your opponent when on your screen it clearly showed them in your crosshairs but on their screen they weren't.

Honestly the answer to that is a higher tick rate servers which is becoming a serious request for faster paced games involving asymmetrical gameplay.

8. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

I have heard that the gameplay has been slowed down but as mentioned, the OG players should be able to figure out a way to be fast.

I'm worried about the titan gameplay more than the pilots personally.

Theres a titan in the game with 1 dash, theres a titan with no dashes and then theres the ronin...

I currently use an Atlas with dash quick charger equipped and I use it with great effectiveness.
    I play alot of LTS so when I heard that the equivilent to the Atlas in TF2 has 1 dash that concerns me.
    Probably gonna have to adapt my play style again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

It's probably the most significant change to the game.

10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The speed might be a game changer for some I'm sure.

11. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

Thanks for the replies. This is a huge disappointment. I and many others originally fell in love with Titanfall for its old-school, fast-paced, Quake-esque shooter feel. Even a slight reduction in speed means a MASSIVE difference in higher end play. The pilot gameplay was fun because you were tearing across levels at a hundred miles an hour, launching off wallruns and bunnyhopping to your destination. Now it looks like you go faster sliding along the ground, like they dumbed down the speed aspects to sell you on the other maneuvers.

Who are the "new players" who weren't going to be able to handle the speed? It wasn't so fast as to be unmanageable, and assuming the matchmaking works properly, there shouldn't be an issue with average players getting stomped by high skill players. These are exactly the sort of "accessibility" changes they started making to Call of Duty that destroyed that franchise. Designing mechanics for the lowest common denominator is not how you make a good competitive game. This honestly might keep me from purchasing it, which is disappointing for me as I loved the first one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Speed and agility is what makes the game for me. I agree that to lower the skill level will be a poison arrow for those like me, and I am far from a great player. I also wonder if hey have also taken away the ability for Titan brawling. The gameplay clips and designer commentary seem to indicate that shorter battles and one shot kills for Titans may be the bias. HOWEVER, I am also listening to the designers when they say trust us that it will all balance out. That a little reduction in speed will be off set by an enhanced opportunity to use new strategies and cooperation. Even still, I hear a constant slow cracking sound of my heart breaking in he background at get thought of them pulling back on what really made the game great. I will miss slug out Titan fights, traditional rodeo matches, and being able to play effectively as a loner. Appealing to the masses at the cost of making a sugary sweet glitzy watered down version of what was near perfection seems to be a way to make more money, more of an economic decision vs staying tru to new an innovative ideas and play. This is alright if it all goes to Titanfall 3 and bringing things back in order. Whatever it turns out to be, I will no doubt fall in love with it and play for hours. Cannot wait! I also will be ready to continue playing TF 1 if needed.

13. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nothing stays the same so sometimes adjustments need to be made... on the fly. If it's slowed down then everyone is still in the same playing field playing the same game... right? @A4eaTransformer I know what you mean A-Train. As one door closes a window of opportunity opens another world of (hopefully) great new gameplay style. All the hearsay & speculation just make me want it more if for no other reason than to just be able to "see for myself".

• Like Like x 3
  14. AnimalFather

AnimalFather Generation 2

according to interviews they made it slow on purpose to cater to new players....basically its been dumbed down. i wonder how much of this was a EA decision.....sigh.....

15. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

They can't. Frostbite is only for first party EA studios. Respawn is not first party, they're more like a partner to EA.
    They have to. They're marketing this game to "everybody." The whole point of TitanFall was to emulate the success Vince Zampella made with Call of Duty.

16. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Yeah i think youre right, read much speculation about it being frostbite but also is being said to be a further developed version of the source engine.

17. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

Hate to bump but this is still a relevant concern for people I've seen talking about the game elsewhere, plus more people are on the forums now to put their two cents in.

I get that, but I don't think that the pilot gameplay needed to be slowed down to appeal to "everybody." The game found its own success with the gameplay it featured, and a huge majority of the complaints from ex-players was lack of content. I never saw anybody complaining the game was too fast, all I saw were people who were drawn to the game for the speed.

As always I'm still waiting to get my hands on the beta so I know for sure, but reports from people who have played it and our observations of the gameplay seem to indicate the base pilot speed for running and jumping has been noticeably lowered.

18. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree. If I want a CoD game with double jump and wall running, there's one out there that does that now. The fluidity of Titanfall sold me the game. I've bought it regardless, and I hope it's not overly noticable at launch. Time will tell!

19. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I played at EAPlay, and it might of been slightly slower but I think the reports are exaggerated. Most of the complaints I've seen have come from the competitive players and the Xbox One diehards that were disappointed they ran it on PS4s. I've also heard from a good source that the new build is different than what was shown previously.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Alright now... I like what you're saying. I get local and world news on channel 13 here and I feel up to date. All my Titanfall News... here is where I tune in. Thanks @Laddie13 .

• Like Like x 1