Does Titanfall 2 have smart/noob pistol?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Mic Blades, Sep 29, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

If it does, I'm not going to waste my money on it. I really liked the first game but ultimately that's why I stopped playing it. Everyone was walking around with smart pistols and it got boring fast. It didn't matter if I came in first or second and my team won, it was just so boring with everyone except me using nothing but the smart pistol. Plus, the player base shrank down, so only laggers were left really, couldn't get fair matches after that point.

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

It has got it, but shouldn't be a problem.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good find lad!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I have'nt been playing long i refuse to use that thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Video explains everything.

I really don't see why everyone had such a problem with the smart pistol. The only time I would ever get killed by that gun was if the enemy got the drop on me... definitely wouldn't outgun me and if they're getting the drop on me... they would have killed me regardless of what weapon they were using.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

give-that-man-a-medal.jpg
    No SP hate please. Just practice :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TheGamerUrso

TheGamerUrso Generation 3

Well for a very skilled person who knows how to move around and jump around and does not stay on one spot. SP is not good at that. This is a very hard thing to do though. I could understand why people hate that weapon and it felt a little bit strange to be in game. I think the way they implemented in Titanfall 2 is waay better. The problem was that anyone can get it easily which was the main issue in my opinion.

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

It definitely wasn't a noob weapon, if you are awful the smart pistol doesn't help, if you have good awareness, map knowledge and good movement then you're a handful. But noob weapon? Nah.

9. Drop Ball KING

Drop Ball KING Generation 2

The gun is returning but you only have 2 clips of ammo and it replaces your secondary you get it kinda like a score streak so probably by killing players.

10. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

My problem with the smart pistol is my pride. I cannot bear to have myself be seen jumping around up and down in the air like an idiot on crack, nor can I bear to sit and camp cloaked waiting for some one to run by allowing me to secretly lock on. Both those actions require skill for sure and I praise those that do it well, and those that can look in the mirror in the morning. How is that for sour grapes? And yes, please: we have indeed beat the SP to death. Let it be. It is so not a big deal.

11. BIG D

BIG D Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

We can't change it being in the game, won't stop me playing or spoil my fun in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

If you don't see the problem with someone not earning their kills, something is wrong with you. You're likely a noob who depended on it in TF1. And, now you'll focus on avoiding people to get it via boost. lol A bunch of noobs are going to focus on killing grunts. Once you're in a Titan it's easy to rack up kills on grunts or other players.

I remember trying the smart pistol out in TF1, I completely dominated everyone who didn't use it. It was too easy. It wasn't fun at all, they had no chance. Of course I came in first and my team won. But, I know I didn't deserve to be in first place by a wide margin at the end of the match. It's cheating, you can try all you want to sugar coat it but it's cheating. I never used it again except for achievements so I could prestige. I technically can't remember for certain but I think there were some I had to do to prestige at some point, can't remember.

13. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ok... c u out there.:rolleyes:

14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

By this logic you'd also get rid of Titans given that "its easy to rack up kills..." in a titan. I'm not sure I agree, the SP wasn't game breaking and if you were awful at the game you were still awful, just with a rather crappy pistol. Yeah, I agree, farming grunts is easy with it but if you have a SP or a titan and you are awful at the game...you are still awful.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Actually the Smart Pistol was one of the guns in TF1 that I used the least...

If you got dominated by it, that's on you. I never did. Also, in TF2 you're gonna have 2 12 round clips.. even if you could dominate with a Smart Pistol.. good luck doing that with that amount of ammo. There are people who dominate with the R101, does that mean it needs to be taken out of the game? Some people are just going to be better than others.

16. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Magazines people.....Magazines......

Clips are what u use to hold paper together ......

Or what u use to hold potato chips closed.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

more power to you bro ! it does not bother me one bit as the game has more pro that con , wile the weapon may not make sense it's there in the game and not enough to not to be able to adapt to it . the game is not perfect but all in all it has it's own experience to it .

As far as players being noobs remember we were all there once .

18. OtherJesus

OtherJesus Generation 2

Your complaining about the Smart Pistol is why we have a dumbed down Titanfall 2. Good job!

19. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Had a blast with it when I unlocked it, pretty cool on bounty for slopping up drop pods spewing out grunts. But, alas, not fast enough against Pilots.

Cool it's got it though. I thought it was pretty funny to give it a go.

20. Asuka Langely

Asuka Langely Generation 2

I agree that Smart gun should be banned completly