Downloaded Expedition Map Pack, But..........

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by CasendraMars, May 15, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CasendraMars

CasendraMars Generation 4

I was super excited about the Expedition map pack, downloaded it without a problem and went in then found out it only gives you the "Expedition Variety Pack" option, you can't choose the game type you wanna play (could I be wrong?). it took me into CTF which I played only a few times against Gen 10s, which was not a big deal, but of course my team got killed like there's tomorrow.
    I would have to say the new maps are amazing, although was lost a couple times lol...i just wish it gives us the choice of which game type I wanna play to have fun and not just spin the wheel and see where it lands without a heads up...:\....well just my 2cents....:)

2. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Yeah, I feel your pain there. I'm hoping we'll get a dedicated few options for the Expedition DLC so I can play nothing but Hardpoint. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SnoSurfer

SnoSurfer Generation 4

That won't happen for a while, it is to make sure the play base isn't spread too thin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CasendraMars

YEAH....glad to know I am not the only one who feels this way...:)..yah I am a solid HP player, when I got dropped into CTF, sweats coming down my forehead....lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karma Cop

Karma Cop Generation 2

I wondered what they would do. It works out for me in that I generally always select Variety Pack. But I get that would suck for those that enjoy or specialize in one specific gametype.

I would think given there's just three maps though, that playing a rotation of hardpoint over and over again on them would get dull. Then again how long did a bunch of us play the in one mode with just two maps. Regardless eager to hear what new map people are liking, and which one they aren't.

6. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Well, that's unfortunate. I hate being forced into game modes I don't like.

The majority of players play HP and Attrition, so why not give us those?

• Like Like x 1
  7. CasendraMars

@SnoSurfer ...ahh while I can see it might be a concern of theirs thining out the players, however if they make more people happy, wouldn't they gain more fan base? ;) just saying...lol
    @Karma Cop lucky you, then u should have much fun with this format...:) I play HP and Attrition a lot cuz I don't like to lose....lol...
    @Wickerman Exactly what u said, and a heads up from this format would have been nice so I can be prepared instead of being shocked....XD

8. iByerly

iByerly Generation 2

Just downloaded the Map Pack and every time I try to start the playlist a message pops up saying "A party member doesn't have all the mandatory downloadable content to play this playlist." Do I have to have the season pass to play the Expedition Variety Game mode?

9. Christopher

Christopher Generation 2

@iByerly no you dont need the season pass. It just means someone you are playing with has not downloaded the map pack.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Drunken_Jedi

Drunken_Jedi Generation 2

Just goes with my thread where I made it a point saying it was too soon to start charging for DLC. The segregation has already started.

11. Karma Cop

Karma Cop Generation 2

I was actually coming here to ask about the logistics of DLC on Shooters. I know only from Gears how that was always complicated.

How does this one work? If I play my regular variety pack, will it now have 18 maps also? DLC would kind of be a waste if you could only play it in a short cycle of 3 maps. You'd burn out on them too. Anyways I'm curious how games handle this. Seems like from the below quote that is begins segregating the population...so everyone who doesn't have DLC I won't see when playing the regular lists anymore most likely? I don't mind that really, but that gets crazy when you get to points where some people have the 2nd and 4th DLC wouldn't it. How many times can you cut the pie?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. lethalegacy

lethalegacy Generation 2

Have u forgotten COD? Thats how all major FPS games do things. Its to show off new maps a cater to variety. Also as mentioned in respawns official forum the game titanfall was designed to make u use all weapons even those you would normally never use. Same concept.

13. keltic1one

keltic1one Generation 3

The same thing happened with GOW . To many playlists spread players out and ended up killing the game. I sure hope they add new maps into regular map rotation or the new maps will get boring .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Drunken_Jedi

Drunken_Jedi Generation 2

It's what I was preaching, way too soon to start charging for content. Make it free, so no segregation will occur. Bring out another pack in August and charge for that, by then the player base would be big enough. New franchise charging for content in the first 3 months? C'mon man.

15. CasendraMars

Yah, I have no problems with trying out new weapons in the challenges on various maps, of course they want people to try out various maps. But in this case, they should probably have called it the "Expedition Variety Pack"? So I know what I am getting myself into, that's all. :)