Drew McCoy on Live Fire

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Jan 25, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I can't seem to find the actual post as I've looked everywhere but JerDude is really good when it comes to Titanfall 2 news, so take a look at his video with his thoughts on Live Fire and there is a response in there from Titanfall producer Drew McCoy on the Live Fire DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

cheers mate , great post. the feel of the video sets the same mine set that most of us have currently. , i have faith in respawn and in time i know there will be some mind blowing content , but only time will tell , it's good to know that they responded to many concerns and this is the first time they have acknowledged that it is a balance to the many gamers and different content for all.

jer dude pretty sums it up for me .
    i am curious how the mode plays and will play it when it's out here hoping that the other content gets here sooner than later .

cheers IK nice post. good job brother.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#3 Derrame, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    yep the video guy said it, the game is called "Titanfall" not pilottrip or pilotjump, disappointng that there are no news about titan content, and we just have to wait to the other dlc after this one...

thanks for the video Ikon88x

• Like Like x 3
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks for the video Ik0n!

My main concern is that, even if you have faith in Respawn and even if they do add some decent stuff to TF2 later, is it going to be too little too late? For all of the normal modes, outside of Coliseum and this new Live Fire, players have already been getting bored and ready to jump ship, because they've only been playing 10 maps (being generous) for 3 months now. Now, a new DLC that does not address this gigantic concern? Talk is cheap and frankly what is in their heads does not help us right now. I think the user base has been bleeding out and I am interested to see DARK's research on this. By the time they start addressing the map issue, other great games will be out like Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 and Mass Effect Andromeda on all platforms. Like I said, without the urgency, is it going to be too little too late?

I mean, I don't have a PS4, but if I did, I would like feel like a little kid on Christmas morning when Horizon Zero Dawn comes out and would probably plan on that being my primary game for the next year or two. That game looks beautiful and spectacular.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Horizon Zero Dawn and Titanfall 2 are massively different games though. You're not gonna get your competitive MP fix with Horizon Zero Dawn and I can guarantee it's not gonna take a year to beat, so you'll be waiting (and paying) for DLC content with that game as well.

6. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

It's very good that Respawn is aware of the situation and planning more content after theis next dlc, great, but how much will we have to wait after live fire to get more maps or titans ? they must release live fire asap and then new maps in the following weeks

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As stated in the video, the entire team took the month of December off, be patient there is gonna be plenty of amazing content.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

jayfresh posted something on the ea forums and it read like we won't see new maps for awhile. I think later this year were the words. That bums me out.

I won't stop playing and I hope others don't either. The best we can hope for is getting new players once live fire drops.

9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

no new maps any time soon? that's bad news :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Derrame, I don't know if hat was intentional, but I honk those were the exact quotes, "the bad news"

11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I still contend the best thing they could do for themselves and for all of those who need more maps to play on is to just throw the other 23 TF1 maps into TF2 (bugs and all), so that we have an immediately bigger playground. Just say, "We will start working through bugs on these maps as we can, but we want you to have as much variety of maps as you deserve immediately." I think most players would be happy to live with any bugs in order to have the bigger playground.

This would be a good will gesture and would buy them a heck of a lot of time to do whatever else they plan on doing.

• Like Like x 1