Featured EA Predicts Titanfall 2 Will Sell 10 Million Copies

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Aug 4, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Titanfall 2 wallpaper.jpg

With Titanfall 2 releasing in such a crowded window, I've been really curious as to how many copies the game will sell. I loved the first title, and playing Titanfall 2 at EA Play reaffirmed how much I love what Respawn Entertainment has done with this franchise.

In EA's recent financial call, they touched on the amount of copies they expect both Titanfall 2 & Battlefield 1 to sell. It seems that EA is being a little conservative for their Battlefield 1 estimate, and a bit more aggressive with their Titanfall 2 estimate.

Here's a snippet from the article:
    Titanfall 2 selling 10 million units definitely seems plausible to me, because I feel like a lot of the Playstation 4 community will be willing to check it out. I am concerned with it releasing so close to Gears of War 4 & Battlefield 1, with Call of Duty Infinite Warfare coming soon after, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it sets new records.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree. All my mates who dropped off the Titanfall band wagon have said they're getting it, so I hope most original Titanfallers will follow a similar suit. Then with PS4 in the mix, added to any more incremental console sales, I don't see an extra 3 million as too much of a stretch.

3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well I'll be in that number somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Following with the article, the numbers are being struck as aggressive due to popularity prediction. If Titanfall was able to amass the numbers it did through one console, it's safe to bet that they can double that with the inclusion of multiple consoles.
    Without mentioning the added updates and creative process being used to create the best gaming experience for TF2, a lot of players that missed the party due to not having an Xbox finally get to ride the hype wave and hopefully love it. Besides just because other titles are coming around that time doesn't mean the value will decrease.
    I preordered both TF2 and Skyrim SE, I intend to enjoy both, and still play TF2 causal/competitive.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Slappy

Slappy Generation 2

I'd also agree that the popularity of the original will push sales up on the Xbox and with the amount of negativity shown to the original being Xbox exclusive I would say interest on the PS side is very high.

The crammed release window does create an interesting dilemma considering EA are pushing 2 big titles but it's all really about priorities of the individual gamer. The way Titanfall ran compared to the last battlefield and call of duty I would say that will assist in making Titanfall a higher priority for those that will have to prioritize their purchases.

For me though, Titanfall is number one. Now what edition to get.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Amazon Prime menbers get a nice discount... if your a member that is.

7. Slappy

Slappy Generation 2

As an international member I'm not sure how worthwhile Prime is but thanks for the suggestion.

8. Shantmaster K

Shantmaster K Generation 2

I can easily see that. I'll be part of it. Pumped!

9. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

for me more games the better as i want to play them all and hopeful so i can enjoy a variety and more soon .