Featured EA purchases Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Nov 9, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Respawn has alot of value in personel.
    I've seen it happen lots working in the oil and gas industry.
    Takeovers happen just to cut out and corner the market and acquire competant workers.
    The boys and girls at Respawn are some of the best and brightest going back to the Call of Duty era.
    It makes sense from a sellers point of view as well.
    The heads of the company got lots of money, now they have more, and now they can take vacations because they have less on their plates.
    Their employees now have prime jobs with EA and likely an immediate pension buy out from Respawn.
    Money deal for all involved.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

correct, which is the reason Vince sold the company
    and correct the dev's do have prime jobs, but you forget they can eliminate those same jobs just like they did veseral games, and they had a series of hits on there belt .
    and i agree respawn has some of the best , and they do have a sweet resume. and experience. but the cod franchise and take into account they are not the only dev's out there with skills . in The gaming market. as it also takes other elements than just dev's to make some thing successful , hence TF2.
    so like i said before , it will be in vince best interest for the branch that the brand they created and future IP are the best and successful .
    so i wish them all the best and hope corporate EA do not destroy what they started.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, I kind of feel the same way. What bothers me even more than that is what I mentioned above, which was:
    Now, every time you want to point something out about TF2, it is going to be, "Oh, well EA made them do that." I can just see the endless stream of that I am am sick of it before it has even begun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

• Like Like x 1
  5. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

ensc is right, maybe, hopefully, EA will change something in Respawn, and it will be for good, to get them back in the right direction again
    there will be changes anyway, as least we can hope that they will be good and let Respawn create a game as good or similar to TF1 or use it as base or inspiration,

and DLC's will add new maps, titans, weapons, actual new big content

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

With the amount of time you put into this game to call it a ripoff is laughable. I enjoyed the game, didn't think it was a ripoff and enjoyed the content they released. You can call me a fanboy for having a difference of opinion, I'll completely disagree. Vince did post a blog post about this which makes me feel somewhat better about the direction of Respawn but I'm still concerned.

A LETTER FROM VINCE
    Today we announced that Respawn will be joining EA.

We started Respawn with the goal to create a studio with some of the best talent in the industry and be the #1 developer of innovative games in the world. We’ve had success as an independent company but as we look to how we want to compete in the future, and the challenges that face us in a rapidly changing landscape, now is the time for us to combine forces with a global industry leader like EA.

While it wasn’t necessary, going with EA made a lot of sense. With Titanfall and Star Wars, EA has been a great development partner that supports us and doesn’t interfere with our process for making games or studio culture. EA will provide us with more resources, access to new technologies, and expertise that we can tap into to that will help us make better games, and Respawn will retain the same creative freedom and culture we’ve always had. We’ve been talking closely with the leadership at EA and we share their values and vision for the future of being a developer-focused company that puts the players first.

I will still be running things at Respawn and will also be a part of the studio leadership team at EA. There will be no layoffs or major organization changes within Respawn. All games currently in development are continuing as planned.

This is a great next step for Respawn, EA, and our players. Joining with EA will give us the resources and support we need to grow and have long term success while still keeping our culture and creative freedom. We believe this is an opportunity to achieve more together through the unique strengths we each bring to the table.

You can read the press release of the acquisition here: http://ir.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1048192. We are excited about the future and look forward to sharing more of what we’re working on.

Check out the FAQ below for more information.

FAQ

Q – What’s going to happen to Titanfall?

A – Titanfall is and will remain a major part of our studio’s DNA. The Titanfall team is continuing to work on the franchise.

Q- What’s going to happen with Star Wars?

A – Respawn will continue to work on our Star Wars game. Development is going well and we have a great relationship with Lucasfilm.

Q – How will the merger affect Respawn?

A – There will be no layoffs or major org changes and titles currently in development will continue uninterrupted.

Q – Why EA?

A – EA will provide us with more resources, access to new technologies, and expertise in areas that Respawn values for future growth. Respawn will retain the same creative freedom we’ve always had. We believe in the leadership driving EA’s trajectory to exciting areas that match our own goals. This is an opportunity to achieve more together through the unique strengths we each bring to the table.

Q – Did you make this decision because the company was in trouble?

A – Not at all. This decision was made because it’s the best way to get Respawn the resources, support, and knowledge we need to achieve our long term goals.

Q – What does this mean for new games beyond Titanfall and Star Wars?

A – We will still have creative freedom to explore new IP’s and will work with EA’s studio leadership to plan future projects.

Q – Does this change Vince’s role at Respawn?

A – No. Vince will continue to run Respawn and will also become part of the studio leadership team at EA.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Disagree all you want...I really don't give a shit...

I wouldn't expect the CEO to say anything different to its stock holders.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Any reason to think Tf2 will get more updates now that this merger took place ?

9. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I agree with Ikon. I played this game over 400 hours , to call it a ripoff is totally absurd.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Common people......wake up! I'm trolling you..........I have been from day one....lol

Listen......seriously speaking? Joking aside? I have 1,500 hours of playing time and I've just scratched the surface of the game..........

• Like Like x 1
  11. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Are you really telling the truth ? It's hard to tell

12. itbeatswalking

itbeatswalking Generation 3

This is just great. Now Titanfall 3 will probably be just one 2d maze-map where your mech has to eat all the dots while being pursued by 4 Reapers and the only way to fight back will be the power-ups in the corners. :rolleyes:

13. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

latest FNN says that there will be more patches and fixes in the next months

• Like Like x 3
  14. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Patches and fixes but no real updates like added content ? Maps , weapons features?

15. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

As long as theres fixes I'm happy.

Those sly dogs even patched a few bugs in TF1!

16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Really? What?

You know what would be a huge fix and probably fairly simple to make in TF1, but would make a big difference. They never had to worry about this when the user base was larger, but now that the user base is so small where there may only be 1 Multiplayer Campaign game in the whole world (and not even full of players), what happens is that you start on Refueling Raid (the first map of the Campaign). Then, when you complete that and are waiting for the next game, or even if you got to the 2nd or 3rd map, if people leave or new people come in and it reshuffles things, it throws you back to the Refueling Raid again and you can get stuck playing Refueling Raid like 3 or 4 times in a row and never get deeper into the good maps of the Campaign. What they should do, is once a Campaign game is started, so long as there is at least 1 person on each team remaining, let it run through to the end of the Campaign (all 9 maps), and just add new players into wherever it happens to be. That way everyone can get to experience all 9 maps. That would probably be a fairly simple fix, but it would make a HUGE difference right now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

no more DLC, nothing new will be added
    only fixes

18. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I read they were done adding content...

If we could get all the T1 maps addI'd keep my mouth closed forever more...

Lol....that's kinda how it is now.....Ifu think about it....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good one Kernel :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Maybe TF3.............................but not too optimistic right now!