EA...Why?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Downward Thrust, Nov 14, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Downward Thrust

Downward Thrust Generation 1

Here's a quick video on the fact that EA really screwed Titanfall 2 with it's release schedule strategy:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It was a bad move in my opinion. I think they wanted to pull players off CoD and if you look at their numbers, it's working. Playerbase is down something like 76%.

3. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

The worst for titanfall fans.........

...........waiting and seeing if this "works" or fails

4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

If what the video Downward Thrust shared is true though, where Battlefield 1 might have 100,000 players at a time while Titanfall 2 might only have 10,000, it sounds like most of the 76% of the COD base that was pulled away went to Battlefield 1. Right?

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Wouldn't say so. For the majority (especially console) you're either a Battlefielder or CoD player. To be honest, I think it's a smart move - putting a game up against CoD thats of a similar cut in material. Shows that there's bigger and better out there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

OK, thanks. I have no idea. I was just asking the question. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Keep in mind that this is just my take on the situation. Probably well off the mark, but devils advocate is needed in forums from time to time :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

CoD released MWR which made quite a difference to the releases of this year, the game is over 10 years old, a whole generation of shooter players are new to it. The other side is the people who played at that time, nostalgia is a heady drug. What they did however was make you buy the shitfight that is infinite warfare to play the beauty that is Modern Warfare remastered. As I've said in another post, TF 2 and its release was a punt by EA to get some CoD fans and it was effectively run over by the BF1/CoD bus. The March/April release window in hindsight made far more sense. TF games have shown themselves to be a slow burn however and develop a small but devoted and loyal base. Christmas is coming, lots of parents wont necessarily buy CoD or BF1 for the little ones but robots and pilots?

Its worth remembering that in the UK infinite warfare numbers were less than half Black ops 3 last year but still one of the biggest selling shooters, CoD has transcended gaming to become part of mainstream popular culture, it is f**king huge.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Indomitable

Indomitable Generation 2

To me Titanfall 2 will never be a big time box office seller. It has it's niche and it's own community. To me it's one of the most underrated FPS games yet that's what I like about it also. It's not overly popular like COD and remains true to what makes it so great.