ELITE CONTROLLER ...old dog

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by A4eaTransformer, Apr 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

so finally I got an elite contoller. Certainly it takes some getting used to. the default x-paddle is a pain. So many times I find myself out of my Titan in the middle of a battle. Too funny. It also feels smal in my hands. I have confidence that it wil get better with practice. It better cause I am getting clobbered. Hahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Congrats on your purrrchase! It certainly takes some getting used to, but I could never go back now. I still have to think about it a bit too much, and press random things in the thick of it.

With the spanky app I've remapped as follows: (with default settings in the actual TF game)

Upper left paddle: Pilot & Titan tactical.(LB)
    Lower left paddle: change weapon (Y)
    Upper right paddle: Jump (awesome)(A)
    Lower right: Pilot&Titan ordinance (RB)
    Trigger stops on.

It's working OK so far, may need a bit of refining still.

Not telling you how to suck eggs, but I kept getting the button mapping backwards. Go into accessories app, pick button remapping. Hold the paddle you want to remap, then pick the button you want it to do e.g. hold upper left paddle, then press the A button to assign the paddle to jump.

I'm loving the long stick on the right too.

Also, update the controller first.

3. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

THANK YOU so much for the tips. I was hoping that you would pick up on this even though I did not tag it to your attention. I dabbled in the remapping app but did nothing having only played for an hour or so with it. You configuration is just about identical to what I plan to do, although I use the bumber jumper config and will have the corresponding adaptations. The first order of business is to change the x- paddle. I did notice that it gets you out of the titan verrrrry quickly. This is a great option to use when getting rodeo'd. I will keep you posted. PS: Did the right stick being long change the way your fingers rested on the paddles? I wish the handle grips were just a bit bigger too. Some thing more to hold on to for those with big hands and all thumbs. I will keep you posted. Overall, it is a joy to use and seems much more smooth...but that is the case for any new controller. I will let you know in a week or so....

4. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Now that I think about it, the right side paddles do feel a bit more natural, maybe that is through the longer stick. I used a control freak type thing on my old controller so I'm used to it. Helps smooth aiming down sights.

5. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Start small. Try one paddle at first and gradually introduce more. When it comes to Titanfall, I'm fine using just one for the A button. For whatever reason I can't seem to use paddles on the left side. They don't stay in place and I can't depend on them to be responsive when I need them to.

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Do the left paddles accidentally flick forward? Mine stay in place so far (crossed fingers).

I tried using one paddle as well for a few minutes, but like an over excited kid I just had to put them all on :D. Personally it's been good getting used to them at the same time.

7. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

They don't stay firmly connected. They don't completely pop out of the slot, but enough to make them not responsive. I'm
    Actually starting to wonder if something's wrong with it, perhaps a magnet issue.

I've also noticed a bit of controller drift happening, not as severe as what I experienced on the standard controller though. I think I better contact MS support, I paid too much to overlook these little issues.

8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I hear you! Definitely too much ££ to be letting them off the hook!

• Like Like x 1
  9. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

I thought about using just one paddle and may gee it a try for a while. The tactical s good one to start with especially since I really need paddles nay for the vortex. Also tactical is forgiving if you press it by mistake.

I paid the bucks for a three year warranty. Call me foolish but it paid for itself mannnnnny times with the regular controllers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Heh, you be rage throwin' them controllers 'er what?

11. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I was thinking the Elite controller boasted a much better warranty, I was wrong. I'm kicking myself now for not buying an extended warranty.

12. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

The Bumber jumper config is really hard on the left bumper. We will see if the elite lasts any longer. But my glue job on the last broken regular controller has lasted over a month or two so far which shocks me.

13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I did use bumper jumper Pilot pre-elite, but now find jump better on the paddles. (Ive now switched from top right to top left for jump). My hands sit comfier now not using bumpers at all

14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Then there's poor little me, still rocking my day one controller! A mate has the elite and it does feel fantastic to hold. If my controller ever gives up the ghost I'll look into it, but I don't think I can warrant the extra expense over a standard unit. I don't play pro at all and have nightmares about my 6 year old hiding the control sticks....

15. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That would be too funny!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I've seen your playing, you're good enough to dominate with any old controller:)

I do feel a bit shady though, I keep my elite in the case, in a drawer, and the kids aren't allowed to use it (sounds mean, but they're animals - albeit lovely ones):D

• Like Like x 2
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds like the Motley Crew that's here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Have to admit I took the paddles off.......was kind of like playing with a crab in my hands.......lol

19. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

:D

Gotta say I really love the paddles now, using the four, with reload on left bumper and Titan weapon on right bumper, just nudging em with trigger fingers, lovely.:)

20. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

You are lucky. I already wore out my left bumper. The Elite is just as poorly made as the standard controller. The bumpers are not designed for regular use. I took off all the paddles for a while then put the two shorts on. Left for jumping and right for tactical. We shall see about the long ones if I can figure a way to hang on to the thing without activating the paddles. At least I got the sticks sorted out. I am using the orange KontrolFreekZ extenders on the short sticks and it works really well for me. I am happy you found your sweet spot.