ELITE CONTROLLER ...old dog

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by A4eaTransformer, Apr 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Sorry to hear the troubles you're having with the controllers! I have been lucky with mine and haven't had a bumper fail on me yet, (fingers crossed).

Hope you find a good groove with it, and it doesn't take the shine off any future TF/tf2 shenanigans.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Man, I want one of those controllers so bad.:eek: It's unfortunately out of my price range:( so I've been redeeming my Bing Rewards Points to enter the sweepstakes for the Elite Controller. Got about 300 entries in, so wish me luck.:D

3. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I really like it, but play just as well with the old. Maybe it will just take some time.

4. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

My elite is drifting even more now, I've also noticed a strange pull when playing Titanfall, It messes with aim. I've gone back to my Titanfall edition standard controller. It's funny how I became so reliant on the paddles in a short time. I'm going to contact Microsoft support right now.

5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hmmm... maybe the Elite Controller isn't for me. I can be (depending on the game) pretty tough on a controller. The left side of my controller needs to be made out of the stuff thats use on the space shuttle. ba13hCA2B35C8.jpg

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Oh man! Bad times!!

Did it suddenly accelerate through the air accidentally?:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

Nothing like getting down to the heart of the matter!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Fortunately thats a pic from the internet and not mine. But I do tend to have a hold/grip on my controller that could well be as devastating as an MMA submission... maybe thats it... my controllers are trying to tap out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

HaHa. Believe me. I am so hard on controllers I could have believed that was really yours. I am ready to screw in custom grips and add ons on my own. For now I got the elite back in working order. Now I just need time. Am at level 4 of the second life. Never liked the Quad very much but like the longbow. It is going to be a slow grind.

10. WhozUrDaddy09

WhozUrDaddy09 Generation 3

Here's an Elite controller update for everyone.

I just opened my EIGHTH Elite controller and started using it yesterday. The seventh Elite left bumper broke off again - this time in less than three weeks. However, I finally got smart. I bought the sixth one from Best Buy, along with a warranty plan. So far they have replaced two without question.

I mean really, who is going to challenge an old fart like me and suggest I am abusing my controller? Grandpa abusing his Elite controller? LOL

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've always wanted one of those new fangled Elite controllers/ At this point I'll settle for a used one. Going to order some replacement parts and try my luck with my worst off of the two. I know I'm rough on controllers. Wish me luck.:confused:

12. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Haha, I used some tape on my LB and it's working fine. Titanfall takes a heavy toll on the LB, hope that expensive Elite controller lasts (I've heard it's had issues). I may have to buy a new controller before Titanfall 2 drops... and a new headset that has the right half working. Crap... there goes 60 dollars each down the hole... oh and Battlefield 1 is looking pretty good... $240 bye bye!

13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Sorry to hear your luck with these controllers! You must have a grip like a grizzly bear:D

Mines doing fine so far with almost daily use, but to be fair I do use one of the paddles in place of left bumper.

14. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

I mentioned this a bunch of times so sorry for the repetition. A careful administration of glue to the left bumper works really well. A left bumper lasts me a week. I too used to exchange them on Warrenty but got tired of doing this four times in a row all in one month. Microsoft has a real design flaw for gorilla fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#35 rainman0211, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Would love to have a new controller for T2 but... I finally ordered a "repair kit" and going to try it on the worse off of the two controllers. Soldering iron, solder, solder wick. Kit will be here tomorrow. Has anyone performed this surgery on a controller before? Wish me luck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

I wish you luck. Unless it is a micro chip deal, there is little that a little duck tape, crazy glue or solder cannot fix.

17. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Get your solder on soldier!
    Good luck with it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. WhozUrDaddy09

Just replaced yet another Elite controller. Left bumper broke - again! :mad:

We'll see how long this one lasts!

BTW, this is my TENTH! That's not a typo.

19. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

:eek:.....man, sorry to hear that!!!

20. WhozUrDaddy09

Uhem.....
    Just returned the 10th "broken left bumper" Elite Controller to Best Buy late yesterday. I had just replaced it on 6/19/16.

Wow, the last one lasted an entire week!

Thankfully, I bought the extended warranty, and again the unit was replaced for free. This new one is my 11th controller in the series.

Any side bets on how long this one lasts? LOL

• Funny Funny x 1