Experience Titanfall player here!

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by TwitchTV_ProdX, Feb 12, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TwitchTV_ProdX

TwitchTV_ProdX Generation 2

Hey guys! Now that the embargo drops I can answer all of your questions! I prefer gameplay questions so ask away!

2. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

Any other weapons to speak of, or still the standard Submachine gun and Carbine only? If you could guesstimate how many guns are in the game, and relate it say to CoD, how many would that be? Plenty to chose from, or more limited like Halo or Gears?

- TYPØ

3. TwitchTV_ProdX

So far I have only messed with 3 pilot weapons and 3 titan weapons since that is only available in the beta. I do not think we will sea crap ton of weapons like you have in COD. I have not use the shotgun but it is super useful close rage fights and mid. I'd say more limit like Halo and gears :)

4. CuzMe

CuzMe Generation 1

By what I understood there is a sniper rifle you can use, how is it?
    Can it be annoying as in Call of Duty? people running around and winning gunfights with snipers at zero range?

5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Were you able to use the C4 when you played? I've seen screenshots of it, but I haven't seen anyone mention it just yet.

6. TwitchTV_ProdX

When it comes to snipers, it is a legit playstyle meaning you cannot no scope or quickscoping . You PROB can quick scope but the sniper is design is to scope in from far range and maul someones head. No where near COD sniper. No C4 in the game. Only grenades and there was another grenade that creates a fuzz like image that will fumble a player

• Like Like x 1
  7. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Happy to hear about less weapon choices myself. Makes the game more interesting IMO.
    Have you had a chance to try the new Titans that were not in the Alpa by chance?

8. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

Okay, time for big questions. Explain the Burn Card Perk system, and the new round based mode "Last Titan Standing". Also, from what others are reporting, there won't be any custom game/private lobby options at launch... thoughts?

- TYPØ

9. TwitchTV_ProdX

I have only played with the Atlas titan. I can't wait to use the Stryder! I am about to stream in 5 mins

10. TwitchTV_ProdX

11. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

#11 TYPOGRAPH1C, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    I know you've played it, but for those wondering about the sniper...

Snipe is a 2 shot kill (body) and a 1 shot Headhsot. Basically, Halo kill mechanics but with the CoD feel. There really isn't any quick scoping or no scoping anymore, if anything it's an attempt to land a shot at best, not a go-to tactic. It's more luck if you happen to land a successful shot at close range.

Also, for clarification... the "fuzzy image" nade you mentioned is the "Arc" grenade, which can also be used to drop a Titan's shield.

Also, I got a chance to use the shotgun. It's not over powered because it has a pretty tight spread. Meaning though it'll be a tad more effective at range, a player will still need to be able to aim in his fight. Don't be alarmed by the "ranged" comment I just made, as even the SMG is effective at a good distance. It's not impossible to punish shotgun players in a CQC engagement with the SMG, or even the Carbine. Kill times are probably most comparable to Black Ops 2, so if they miss their first shot (due to you hopefully embracing the movement by wallrunning/hanging to juke, or they just suck :p) you will have time to kill them before they even get their 2nd shot off.

^TL;DR = weapon balancing is GREAT.

- TYPØ

• Like Like x 1
  12. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

any Weapon Camo's?

13. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

I enjoyed your stream, thanks for all the good info! I am now a follower on all your accounts and really look forward to the tutorials! Wishing you well on the World Record!!