Faveourite Titan Chassis? Why?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Bardiel18, Mar 13, 2014.

?
  1. Atlas

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Stryder

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Ogre

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Self explanatory question! Which Titan chassis is your fave and why?

Mine's the Atlas. I've used the Stryder most so far, for a particular build, but I'm finding that it's too fragile. The Ogre is thankfully not as slow as expected, but I'm not a big fan of its Core ability. Which brings us to the balanced Atlas.

Good speed, double boost to get out of hairy situations back into cover, and the Damage Core can really wreak havoc on multiple Titans, depending on your loadout.

If I had to rank the Titans, it'd go:
    1. Atlas
    2. Ogre
    3. Stryder

2. Mouskatool

Mouskatool Stand by for Titanfall
    Elite Pilot

I like them all, but I do use the Ogre most of the time because I like it's core ability.

3. Papyrifer

Papyrifer Generation 2

9 times out of 10, what kills me in a Titan is getting bogged down in focused fire from multiple sources that I can't escape. Durability rarely matters for me in situations like that, where unholy amounts of fire can pour on my Titan in a matter of seconds.

Stryder lets me avoid, escape from, and prevent that sort of focused fire. Three dashes is pretty great - I can peek corners with a ranged weapon easily, evade titans who attempt to chase after me once I've laid a shot or two on them, and constantly make sure I'm in the best possible position. The Dash Core is also pretty great hit-and-run strikes against wounded titans who've retreated behind enemy lines and emergency SHTF moments.

• Like Like x 1
  4. aynrandsucks

aynrandsucks Generation 2

stryder is the best IMO. if you know how to dash and avoid sticky situations you can last a LONG time.

5. Mosin

Mosin Generation 1

Stryder or ogre depending on the map.
    Ogre if I can jam up a choke, otherwise stryder.

6. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

Ogre + burn cards that enable quicker or extended core abilities... Mmmmm

7. Brolly

Brolly Generation 2

Ogre with big fist tier kit. the amount of damage that fist can do....is insane...borderline OP had it not been for the slow movement =))

8. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Stryder, and i love the slow derp busses =p. Me and my friend run duo strider, both plasma railgun, here comes shamoo, 1 shot, his shields are down and took a little hull damage, friend shoots, hits critikal, titan left with less than 20% hp, 1/2 charged shot doomed. Total time 3 seconds

• Like Like x 1
  9. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

Stryder nothing beats having Unlimited Dash

10. BloodShot9001

BloodShot9001 Generation 3

I personally think the Stryder is the best due to its speed, because if it gets shot at from anywhere, it can dash into cover faster and more efficiently than others, while it can also outmaneuver another Titan in a battle. The only thing it's not the "best" at is Titan vs. Titan, especially against an Ogre, but if it has the Dash Core the Ogre couldn't even keep up, so if you play it smart, the Stryder seems like the best.

Not dissing the others of course, I like getting extra damage with the Atlas and it can definitely contend with, if not WRECK, the Stryder. Ogre can too, though I dislike the speed of the Ogre, and the 1 dash.

11. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

Strider's weakness is chaingun... cant dodge something that is 'basically' hit scan

12. aynrandsucks

aynrandsucks Generation 2

how would chaingun be good against something that moves extremely quickly? i destroy chaingun users with stryder.

13. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Hitscan basically means the "bullet" takes no time to travel to the target

14. Danger Card

Danger Card Generation 2

I love the strider for it's hit and run tactics. My favorite setup right now is trapping a Titan with electric smoke and cluster rockets, their health depletes so quickly by I can charge up my Arc canon and finish them off.

15. Kaeldian

Kaeldian Generation 2

Atlas - gives me a good mix of mobility and durability with a Core ability that lets me put the hurt to whatever I'm facing.

I do not underestimate the other 2, however - they are both good in their own right. Indeed, I have a ton of respect for both when they are intelligently piloted.

16. GeneralArmchair

GeneralArmchair Generation 2

You can't dodge the bullets. The DPS on you is essentially guaranteed and constant, so it places a clock on you for how long you can stay exposed without having to retreat into cover. A skilled stryder will enter cover, but then he's still temporarily taken out of the fight. Comparatively, a skilled stryder can practically stay in the open indefinitely against other weapons by merely being fast.

As for the OP:

For the most part, I prefer the stryder.

Zipping around with either the 40mm or the instant railgun. Cluster munitions with vortex shield was my initial favorite pairing. The cluster munitions are so versatile. Drop one on a titan's feet as I'm engaging them, and tear them apart because they don't notice the explosions. Drop one on a group of titans in last titan standing (they're probably all stuck on each other and can't escape). Shoot them through windows and gib the pilot hiding inside the building. Shoot them at friendly titans to kill the enemy rodeo pilot because they keep FREAKING OUT AND SPINNING EVERYWHERE instead of standing still so I can get a clean shot. Shoot them at nearby cover and then present my back to the explosions to scrape a pilot off my back.

Although multi-target missiles are kind of fun too. Catch a titan offguard, lock a full salvo onto him, then synchronize the impact with an instant railgun or 40mm shot.

A kamikaze AOE stryder is also pretty fun in last-titan standing for breaking up murder blobs. Flank around the side, then charge in guns blazing with the triple threat. Drop cluster munitions and pop smoke on them once I've within their lines and reloading the triple threat. Get a second mag of triple threat off as my titan finally succumbs to murderblob focus fire, auto-ejecting me to give me a birds-eye-view of the nuclear explosion. Hopefully the enemy titans are mostly crippled after that blaze of glory run, so they should be easy pickings for my team and my pilot AT weapons.

As fun as the stryder is though, there is something comfy about the ogre.

Plod along with an accelerator chaingun. Start shooting, pop particle wall once my shield gets low, activate ogreload once the shield starts going down, and laugh maniacally because I can't hold all this dakka.

• Like Like x 1
  17. megabeast37215

megabeast37215 Generation 2

I prefer the Ogre.. with big punch..because it just feels right.

18. Kaeldian

Kaeldian Generation 2

As somebody who is very fond of using the Chaingun with the accelerator mod - I hate facing the vortex shield. Somebody puts that up, I have to stop firing to stop feeding them potential damage and get ready for evasive maneuvers. they wait long enough, I have to wind the chaingun back up again. Puts a damper on my potential DPS.

19. GeneralArmchair

GeneralArmchair Generation 2

Do what I do. Throw down a particle wall and keep shooting.

20. Kaeldian

Kaeldian Generation 2

That means I'd have to give up my Electric Smoke and that's not going to happen :)

Good point though