Titanfall Feedback and thoughts on the game so far

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by loboramdk, May 29, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. loboramdk

loboramdk Generation 1

Hello Titanfall forum, first time poster but long time player.
    The tendency of player models getting stuck on the most basic terrain and mind-bogglingly stuck on anything higher than a virtual foot is the biggest problem, since it takes away the control of the player model which under fire can be excruciatingly frustrating.
    The next thing is just a minor problem but as it is plain to see people do seem to be moving on from this game and that is a shame because it is a very good game, just has a few problems like not being able to vote-kick players or as host of a game it would be very useful to be able to kick disruptive players and of course last but not least is the terrible team balancing and the fact that you most likely will join the game you just left. Now these things are amazingly easy to introduce and do not require an overhaul of the entire system which is why I cannot understand why the team has aimed for new maps and game-modes (no one plays by the way) instead of taking the time to limit the amount of terrain that affects the movement of players or at the very least fix the basic gaming problems as described above.
    Unfortunate that this otherwise wonderful game is on the decline but I am sure that the simplest changes to the structure could bring back a lot of players and spark the community once again.

Keep up the good work

• Like Like x 1
  2. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hey Loboramdk. Welcome to the forum. How do people know that the game is falling in popularity. Just about everyone I know loves the game. Mainly I am in company with fanatics though. Good luck and hang in.

3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah Lobo, listen to him. He does hang with a questionable group of old guys...(The Over The Hill Gang) is what I call them. Tread cautiously because it's rumored those geriatric geezers can at times be a rowdy bunch. You have been forewarned.:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. loboramdk

loboramdk Generation 1

Strange comments but thanks anyway, I am however an "old guy" and what I wanted to hear about was not a disagreement in what is only my own speculations based entirely on playing this game. In the time I have played the amount of players online at peak times of day has dropped dramatically and the effect is evident in the number of game-modes that are active at any given time, sure they vary like everything in life but the point is that 7 months ago you could find players in abundance playing almost every type of game-mode now the amount of players playing has decreased (in my opinion) and they have almost ALL concentrated on playing the top game-mode on the list of available ones. Which means that there is NO option but to play that type of game and that's no option at all.
    I believe that if you make a few tweaks to the non-action part of the game it could yield wondrous changes to the community and the game itself.

5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Have not had any surges since the free DLC giveaway. HAD a few sales before that which brought in fresh faces. That leaves us with the people that still get lots of enjoyment from the game a play on a regular basis (that's my group), you got some that are still trying to get to GEN10 and what seems to be some very good gen 1's. Sprinkle in a few that really enjoyed the game so much that they've started another account (not my group). I'm of the fortunate few that can still enjoy playing attrition so I don't worry much about other modes. I do agree, the numbers have fell off. What kind of tweaks you thinking about Lobo?

6. loboramdk

loboramdk Generation 1

"like not being able to vote-kick players or as host of a game it would be very useful to be able to kick disruptive players and of course last but not least is the terrible team balancing and the fact that you most likely will join the game you just left"
    These were the MOST BASIC problems, any new advances in team balancing would be appreciated as well.
    Gonna go play now to see if I can come up with more simple changes to make it easier...

7. loboramdk

loboramdk Generation 1

#7 loboramdk, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Hmmmm, that was a short game, Servers down. While I was playing I thought that the game was somehow favoring the slow connections as the hit reg. to kill the player model is twice that of normal connection speeds AND they can somehow kill my player model with "normal" amount of shots. Yes I know it is VERY difficult to keep track of hit reg. of someone whom you aren't playing with in the same room but if you take the sounds of the game and the "standard" number of hits to kill it becomes clear they only shoot as many "shots as needed" to kill while trying to kill the slow connections or jerky connections players takes about 2 to 3 times as many hits before they reg. as dead. This may be a fluke but it happens a LOT of the time so it may be an issue I don't know, but would very much like to hear about similar experiences.

8. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I swear I have run into that sort of thing many times. This might explain me emptying a whole cartridge of an SMG at near point blank range and I get killed in two quick shots of hand gun half at the end of my clip.

9. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

Welcome aboard Loboramdk...yep, stuck in trees....sucked into windows:mad:...I hear ya.:cool:

I've been at the other end with bad connections...you can kill, and it's playable but ai and other players are moving at 1 FPS....not fun. *logs out*

Still awesome game with the drawbacks.;)

10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#10 rainman0211, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    @rogerwilco71 Welcome back sir. Glad you enjoyed your vacation.;)

11. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

Thanks RainHombre!
    Presto changooh!! I'm back.......and.........I suck at Titanfall.

Wow it's easy to get out of shape...2 weeks without the neurological stimulus of my fine motor skills......
    I'm low on Vitamin T

• Like Like x 2
  12. loboramdk

loboramdk Generation 1

Thanks for the comments, I will keep going in the hopes that we the small few can maybe make the changes needed to make the game even more lovable!

13. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's right Lobo!!! Gotta (ala Gladys & her Pips) "Keep on keeping on" pilot Lobo.;)

14. loboramdk

loboramdk Generation 1

Unfortunately I have more problems to report, the hit reg. and camera hijacking is really not what I signed up for in this game. Camera hijacking is what I refer to as the game taking possession of your view. Anytime you move the mouse the camera should move, when you press the buttons on the keyboard it should not but it does when it "has" to because of a move you're unaware that your player model is making because you are just too busy shooting things and trying not to get shot.
    The G3 rifle does not get reloaded when you enter your Titan, and it has a terrible tendency to either NOT hit what you are aiming at or to hijack the sights and auto-aim for you which is horrible when you aren't a complete newbie.
    Sorry to say but it is making more and more sense to find another game UNLESS they actually make some changes to this one.

15. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Not good at all. :(