Finally made Gen 10

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Bruvas, Oct 2, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good shooting by the likes of things!

• Like Like x 1
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Seemed unobtainable when I started this game. Now it's a "definite maybe" that I just might pull it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CLONED BOBAFETT

CLONED BOBAFETT Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

I'm late to the party as usual but I finally got down to regen business and made it to GEN 10. It ended with an exciting game where I was able to dash one last time, rip the arms off a titan, and nuclear eject killing one and getting an assist. I got Mvp, we won the game, confetti was flying everywhere. I would like to thank all of my sponsors, my titanfall coach who always told me when I needed to pick up the pace, my Ogre for moving his fat ass quick enough to rip those arms off, and all of the great tips and hints on this forum. I would like to give a mad shout out to ASHKILL4REAL for being a great teammate and playing nonstop for five hours so i could (HUMBLY) get 23 Ogre execution kills in one day. God bless America and the Titanfall Community!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Just went to Gen 9 and then took a look at the regen requirements and they I stuck a spoon in my eye because..well because it looks f**king painful to finish out...ha!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm in total agreement with you on that Sarge. I made gen 9 the other day and thought that was a real grind but this (Gen 9 to Gen 10) looks like it will for sure be a long drawn out process. Happy hunting.

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Congrats on making gen 10 (might of racked up some pilot kills at my expense), cut congrats just the same. ;) I got jealous reading were able to play 5 hours nonstop. :mad: Some days I don't even get a whole hour nonstop. (Got to secure myself a "Man Cave" at some point to really get some hours in). :rolleyes: Back to the grind for me.o_O

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Same as the previous Gens, just focus on a couple at a time. They're not overly difficult in terms of skill, but they're a bit of a grind.

Unless you carry the team, the wins are a pain for instance. This challenge hurt the most!

• Like Like x 3
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I've come to far to give up now... as the saying goes. Gonna grind it out.:mad::confused:

• Like Like x 1
  9. CLONED BOBAFETT

Elite Pilot

Thanks for the kudos guys, I will say that you will probably get to GEN 10 quicker than you think. I had great joy in my heart giving payback w/ the smart pistol to those who regularly use the smart pistol. The Kraber was the funnest challenge because you can definitely dial long distance and put pilots down with one shot. I will also say without being able to play frontier defense alot of the challenges would take alot longer to do in a regular game. I suggest if you are doing the titan plasma weapon challenge for GEN 9 to go to GEN10 go to Frontier Defense to get that one done, it will save you alot of time. Now dropping on those 50 Titans takes the cake for the longest challenge for me. I do agree with Lord Bruvas, it is best to work on one, or at the most two challenges at a time. I don't change my whole lineup of weapons just to finish more challenges. I have been using the same setup for awhile and it really hurts your wins and stats when you change too many for the sake of regening quicker. I have played over 4,000 games since this game came out and I decided to take my time with the challenges and focus on having a good k/d and win percentage.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CLONED BOBAFETT

Elite Pilot

I just remembered to add that I at one time had a little over 200,000 credits saved up and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! tempted to forge my credentials for the smart pistol or the titan plasma gun but I resisted the dark side and now I can spend it on intel burn card packs and the like.

11. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

DON'T DO IT!!! You get no achievement points, but you get the respect!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. PAYLHORS8248

PAYLHORS8248 Generation 5

Well Done my friend!!!!
    Uewwwww dog,
    D.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Hey man, definitely do the smart pistol challenge. Its a ton of fun once you get into the swing of it. I decided to give it a go just a couple of weeks back and it's pretty funny. I found if you are playing guys with no thumbs it's just like minion farming, but I found if you are playing guys who are pretty good at the game it actually makes you think differently about moving about the map. It improves your play with all weapons as you can't rush guys that are any good because they just shoot you. I went back to the R97 and was playing better due to the use of the smart pistol. I was moving better and harder to hit because of the smart pistol. I understand why peeps don't like it, we have discussed that infinitum however I actually enjoy the weapon and now run an SP class....just promise you guys wont hate me...ha!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Thanks for the tip on the railgun, finished all 50 titan crits in a couple of hours on Frontier defense, easy peasy. Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

How...How do you get the MVP's.... attrition with Smart Pistol nonstop? Im 5 cups of pink lemonade (stryder executions) from getting to Gen 8 (which has that 100 round grind) and the Gen 9 challenges seem way over my head at times lol.

16. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

#36 Sgt_rawk, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Yeah, for mvp's I play in the morning on weekends most of the kids who aren't great are on then...and I just run a good, mobile pilot and titan combo. So yeah, stim, silenced SP or a stim AR/SMG class and a stryder or atlas with chaingun and cluster or volley and just go hard on minions. I hang off titan fights as they don't "pay" well for points, you can kill 4-5 minions far quicker than one titan however having said that always look to steal titan kills when you can....and if you are following minions then you will be getting easy pilot kills as they spawn with minions.

17. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

Has anyone been able to complete all 990 challenges? After hitting gen 10 and putting a lot of hours, I thought I'd need more challenges so started working on all 990. I was able to get 987 except for the Flyswatter 3, 4 and 5. That one sounds ridiculously impossible to get it done. Head turner and sweep the leg was tough but got it done too. There were some really laughable moments when I was doing that challenge though ;-)

18. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I thought about it, but I'm enjoying just playing the game the way I want to now:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#39 rainman0211, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Congrats Cloned, and great acceptance speech. I reached Gen 10 the other day with a Ogre execution. I was so excited and yelled out "Xbox record that!!!" so I could go look at it 4 or 5 times:rolleyes:. @ Gamertag Gladys Knight (as in Gladys Knight & The Pips:D) I appreciate the sacrifice.;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you on that. It'll be nice to play a somewhat relaxed game after grinding my way to GEN 10.

• Like Like x 1