FNN 5.23.2017

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Ik0n88x, May 23, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

[​IMG]

FRONTIER NEWS NETWORK 05.23.2017 – MONARCH REIGNS
    Monarch Reigns is the next drop and it will be available on 5/30! You’ll have to wait until 5/25 for the trailer where we’ll show you all this stuff in action but for now let’s break down what you’re getting.

NEW TITAN: MONARCH
    Monarch is a mid-range Vanguard-class Titan that can upgrade itself on the battlefield through her unique Upgrade Core. Pilots select a path of upgrades and try to survive long enough to reach her final form.

[​IMG]

Monarch’s design is based on the salvaged, badly burnt remains of two Vanguard-class Titans recovered by the IMC from the Battle of Typhon. While the Vanguard-class was designed by the Militia for armed recon deep behind enemy lines, the IMC’s mandate for Monarch focused on flexibility through survival and support options, to serve many operational roles.

[​IMG]

Although Vinson Dynamics* was unable to reverse-engineer and replicate key aspects of the original Vanguard design, they brought their own R&D innovations when creating Monarch. One of these innovations is her Upgrade Core, which allows her to improve her combat abilities during a battle, based on options set by her Pilot. Monarch also has an impressive ability to draw power from enemy Titans to recharge her own shields, or the shields of her friendly Titans.

Despite the IMC and Vinson Dynamics’ efforts to maintain secrecy, several shipments of early Monarch production variants invariably leaked onto the black market, allowing mercenary Pilots and independent manufacturers across the Frontier to discover her true potential.

We’ll be sharing more details and showing her in action soon.

NEW PRIME TITANS [PURCHASABLE]

BEHOLD: RONIN AND TONE PRIME
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NEW MAP: RELIC
    Set among the old wreck of the IMC carrier IMS Odyssey, Relic is a worksite where Pilots have created clever wall running routes by hanging pieces of the wreckage between buildings. The map consists of the wreck of the Odyssey in the center of the map that splits the two town areas.

Created with frontlines in mind, the gameplay is all about assaulting and controlling the center and engaging in firefights from the great viewpoints of the ship against the varied defensible positions in the Town.

[​IMG]

MAP UPDATE: CRASHSITE
    We worked on a collision pass for Crashsite, fixing around 100 instances of getting bumped, bonked, stuck or tripped up. During the clean-up, we also wanted to experiment with more mobility options. To that end we’ve added 8 ziplines to get around the map faster and a few more wallrunning locations.

Nessie approved these changes.

NEW EXECUTION:
    Now You See Me [Cloak]
    – I’d explain this one but let’s wait for the trailer to really show this off.

NEW PURCHASABLE STORE CONTENT:
    – Nose art
    – Camos
    – Callsigns

To celebrate the release of a brand new Titan and those sexy Primes, Titan Brawl will make its grand return to the Featured Mode spot on 5/30 and we’ll be giving double XP for all modes. Some time after the patch, we’ll also be introducing some major balancing changes that we’ll be experimenting with in the Featured Mode spot as well. Player feedback will be crucial as we decide next steps. We’ll announce when we make the update and want lots of players to check it out! We’re looking forward to hearing what you think.

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns

• Like Like x 5
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds good!

Really can't tell what Monarch's gun will be, but if it is not like the XO-16-like gun the "Expedition" titan used in the Single Player, I'm not going to be very happy. I heard someone say at one point it was similar to ION's gun. No thanks. I've been playing the Single Player using "Expedition" in anticipation of this, so it will be very disappointing if it's not a chaingun. If it is a chaingun, I will be extremely happy.

The Prime titans look really nice even though I'm not a fan of having cosmetics at all.

Will be nice to have Relic in TF2.

Sorry Respawn, Crash Site does not need to be repaired, it needs to be deep sixed. It and Complex never should have made it out of the concept phase.

I'm glad Titan Brawl will be returning, but I'm not liking the Featured Mode status of it. Makes it feel like it will be taken away again and it should definitely be a permanent mode.

Bottom line though, looking forward to Monarch (if chaingun), Relic and Titan Brawl.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Awesome! that is a great dlc and great news!

new titan! BT! ,and that map, Relic is a very good map :)

good that they fixed Crashsite

the new titan must have the XO16 chaingun! or a similar full automatic weapon

i wish they add Fracture and Swampland some day!

4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

they could add Fracture and Swampland, i like those maps

5. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Trailers up....yes yes yes yes!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#6 Derrame, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    aaaaawesome trailer!

titans can now fall inside buildings!
    and Monarch is really badass,
    i will change its color to green

relic is a great map! it has the context of war on the frontier!
    very good DLC, good job Rspawn :) keep it up

7. itbeatswalking

itbeatswalking Generation 3

Sweet! Now that the cap has been raised to Gen 100, I wish there were more double XP weekends or instead of Coliseum tickets, a ticket to spend for one full match to be 2xXP or 1/2 hour playtime with 2xXP or... well, you get the idea. :)

8. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

video not working

10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Can anyone tell what Monarch's gun is? The magazine area looks similar to the XO-16, but it looks shorter and stubbier and the end of the gun looks like it has multiple outlets. And, the way they did the trailer, they never really showed it shooting the gun. The first spot it melees and at the end it's using it's ordinances. I just hope it is as close as possible to the "Expedition" titan's gun in the Single Player Campaign.

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Relic has always had that hole in the roof it that's what you were referring to. Monarch does look cool. Still up in the air about a color scheme though.;);)

12. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

the same from the single player, mission blood and rust

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I can't wait for this update , still loving Tf2 as much as ever. And with more of the content coming out it just gets better and better. I just wish more people would buy this game and support the franchise

• Like Like x 1
  14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I sure hope you are right Derrame, because I will love that. Thanks!