FPS Clan Magnet - Clans Are A Problem

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Jan 29, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

So, TF1 had non-existent matchmaking and TF2 is not much better, but where this really becomes a magnified problem is when you tailor TF2 to attract the traditional FPS crowd and create a magnet bringing in clans that have been playing coordinated for years, now you have created something that is going to kill your user base. If you don't have an algorithm to make sure those clans sit in a que until they can be matched with equally skilled opposition on the other side, then you are allowing them to run rough shod over your general population and discourage especially new players from even wanting to continue. I just wanted to give you a perfect example here to show you what I mean.

I've already made it more than clear that I am not happy with them moving in the traditional FPS route. I've also made it clear that I only prefer playing Amped Hardpoint, because I am not a good killer, but I can play the objectives harder than anyone. I am not being arrogant in claiming I was one of the best in the world at Hardpoint Domination in TF1, because it is just a fact. I knew who the best Hardpoint Domination players were and I could beat them if we had otherwise even teams. With even teams in TF2, that has not changed. Unfortunately, the Amped Hardpoint lobby on the PC is essentially dead and it is very hard to get games.

So, as much as I hate the core changes to the game and as much as I hate that the only lobby I like is dead, I still try to get a game occassionally, but then when I get the rare game, I run into this crap (my name blocked out cause I like to keep game and forums seperate). Notice they are all TFRU.
    upload_2017-1-29_14-26-4.png

Just to show you that this is a problem. Here was the results of the very next game against a team that was not an FPS clan, so you had a much more balanced game. 400-340 instead of 400-70.

upload_2017-1-29_14-30-20.png

I'm not so much concerned about myself, because I know I'm good at the game and it is only because these FPS clans are allowed to be there is why they can beat me like that by not facing me like a man, but having one of their buddies shoot me in the side of the head or in the back while I am trying to face one of them like a man. Although, besides the core changes and rare games of the mode I like, it's just one more reason for me to play TF1 instead of TF2. But no, what really concerns me is the other guys on my team, who may have been newer players, and who may not realize that the reason they got steamrolled was because Respawn's developers are lazy and will not implement a good matchmaking algorithm to prevent this from happening, so they are getting destroyed by an FPS clan who has been playing coordinated for years. Instead, these newer players might just think they are horrible at the game and it is incredibly frustrating and leave and go onto something else and never come back.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

the game is set up like this , the limited player cap combined with the small maps and lack of AI in the game along with the matchmaking system make the game very predicable.

this will be hard to change as the entire game now by removing the simple elements that they had before has made the game very predictable. if you had you movement speed like the first and the AI and custom loadout , they would have a harder time to predict what is coming next which balances out the game for advance and casual players.

the multiplayer experience is not as fun like compared to the first , titanfall2 while being different has shifted back to that frustrating style of game play , it is still too much pilot focus and still too small of players IMO .

i wanted have like to see a bigger player cap and even more AI mixed into the match . hard point to me feels empty , and this shows in the numbers of which game modes are being played attrition and bounty-hunt with hard point coming in 3rd shows that the AI concept mixed in the multiplayer is a recipe for an epic and fun warzone game experience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yes, exactly, i find clans very often and most of the times i just quit, for it is impossible to beat them!
    and it's boring, you make a step out of the spawn point and a faster than light robot kills you without you even noicing it, they are really ike robots, it doesn't matter how they move, how or wher they shoot they always kill you and you don't even see them, what's the point of that? they take out all the fun of a game

the clans should play with eac other, there should be a new moed, like coliseum, for clans, a clan aanst another clan, so it is fair, but clans against random players, doesn't make sense

anyway, i doubt the devs or people in chage will take meassures

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, you're right, it has become too predictable. They did everything to cater to traditional FPS players getting kill streaks.

Yeah, you have won me over here Trini my boy. I completely agree with you about the AI now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly! And you are a really good player Derrame and still you just quit when you see them. Imagine how a brand new player must feel. You're right, there is no point and they do take all the fun out of a game.

Yes, that is exactly where they should be and that is the only place they should be.

You're right, it doesn't make sense.

Yeah, unfortunately the bubble they live in prevents any good ideas from penetrating.

6. hotmetal128

hotmetal128 Generation 2

I have to say guys coming from a UT Quake background that the big issue I have found in titanfall 2 is the same as it is In every fps, we all play on a team but no body plays as a team that's why clans win so much because they work together sure with the randomness of the multi player experience it's hard to expect team play but that should come with time as people play more and learn to work together, clans are not a problem there just another part of game play that needs adapting to.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yes, but it's not fair a team working together aganst random players
    and this game has no coop features/mechanics to play as a team
    if this game has some coop mecanics, then when random players realize they ara up against a fps clan, they can start working together and resist and not loose the game with ridiculous big difference of points

8. hotmetal128

hotmetal128 Generation 2

But surely the fact that you play on a team means that you should work together to win even as random players we should work together to win?

9. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

Pointless argument tbh its no different to other fps games where clan members play against public

10. Triggerman 6

Triggerman 6 Generation 2

hotmetal128, Yesterday at 4:12 PM
    "I have to say guys coming from a UT Quake background that the big issue I have found in titanfall 2 is the same as it is In every fps, we all play on a team but no body plays as a team that's why clans win so much because they work together sure with the randomness of the multi player experience it's hard to expect team play but that should come with time as people play more and learn to work together, clans are not a problem there just another part of game play that needs adapting to."

I agree working as a team, even when randomly put together, is the way to go. That is an attitude and a bit of a skill I believe. Even then, you can't be effective or efficient without communication. My win % is much higher when I have at least one or two others I can just communicate with. It's night and day. Even when you get some young kids that are around 9 or 10, just a little bit of encouragement and some guidance can make a difference.

I would prefer to play with those with comms, but it is what it is. I guess I could get the names of those I have played with and send a friend request and see what happens. I would rather join a party that can have fun and talk in game and out. I know I play better when I know what my role is and what is needed where. Talk about situational awareness on the battle field, comms make all the difference IMHO. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. hotmetal128

hotmetal128 Generation 2

True that, coms do work wonders they have always been the partial make or break in some matches. Titanfall could do with some thing that makes it more of a community vibe it does see to be the certain some thing that's missing a league maybe that would help with the clan thing no end

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

agreed, coms do help in a random game and can enhance the gameplay. battlefield bad company 2 and other battlefield games is a prime example with good team work the battle is epic win or lose.

But for me the thing with games like titanfall is that just like cod the fast phase of the game sometimes can be a bit frustrating to click with randoms , not saying team work cannot happen but sometimes little in game elements help towards this .. but i do agree with you strongly that good coms with teamwork the battle will be different.even better . but that's not always the case .

what i would say is that normally i am a team player ,but tf1 with the AI elements and other things mix into the game , i liked the flow of how it was , it was a pick up and play game with the war zone feel with out me feeling like i had to communicate with people to play , enjoy and win a game. sometimes i am just not in the mood to chat to be honest .
    the clan system has been around for a while and i agree with that IMO it's not the clan that is the problem it's the matchmaking , the random matching making every game is what i did not like , i would keep fighting the clan till the end but when me and a few randoms are now getting used to the play style of the game the game puts you in a different game with even more randoms .

a bit of a give and take .

• Like Like x 2
  13. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, the beauty of TF1 was the flow of it. It allowed you to fully express yourself, because the movement was so smooth and fluent as both a pilot or titan. That is why I loved it. There were so many of these flow elements in TF1 that prevented FPS clans from being able to play the way they wanted to, which is why they hated it. You didn't see too many clans in TF1. Poor matchmaking, yes, but clans, not too many. I preferred to play as an individual and in TF1 I could and I could still dominate.

Since the nature of the game is strangers against strangers, I frowned upon people playing coordinated. I had no problem with Friends playing together as just strong individuals, but when every time I engaged someone face to face like a man, one of their weak buddies was peppering me in the side of the head or back, get that crap out of my face. That goes for TF1 or TF2. However, in TF2 this is much more of a problem, because every change they made favors what FPS clans would love, so they have created an FPS clan magnet, so now you have a serious problem.

You are absolutely right there Trini. Even though they have created an FPS clan magnet, which I think was foolish, it is not the fact that the clans exist that is the problem. If you had a rock solid matchmaking system that would take an FPS clan and put them in a holding que and only give them a game when it could pair them up with either another clan or group of equally skilled individuals, then the clans being there would no longer be a problem. However, if you don't have a good matchmaking algorithm, which they don't, and now you've create an FPS clan magnet, you've just created an environment that makes the game totally unenjoyable, drives new users away quickly and just destroys your user base.