Freezes at start.

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by durick1, Feb 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. durick1

durick1 Generation 1

Hi guys I am sort of reluctant to even bother posting after going though battlefield 4 but figured its worth a shot as I really am/was looking forward to this game.

Currently when I try and play I get to the loading screen just before the menu get to the menu and it freezes (before I added the skip intro video command and boarder-less window command I would get stuck at loading)

Hoping there is a simple work around.

I am running the following.

3770k no oc
    Gigabyte 7970 3gb windforce
    Gigabyte ud3h z77 motherboard
    8gb of 1600mhz ram
    Windows 8.1

2. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I experience some freezing as well when load up the game, but nothing too severe that leads to crashing. If you haven't done so yet, I would recommend doing a quick re-install.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chapzter

Chapzter Generation 1

The solution below worked for me on both Titanfall and BF4. Hopefully this helps. Some of the factory settings on the graphics cause problems with online gaming. Titalfall also freezes on me if I don't drop the settings a bit in the software. Every manufacturer has their own software or use your favorite one.

See my post below from the BF4 forums:

I have had this problem ever since I bought the game. I tried everything!!! Finally, I found a solution that worked for me. I was constantly getting kicked out, direct x errors, etc. I have the EVGA GTX680. After tons of reading, it seems the factory clock was the issue. I turned my card down a bit with the software and I have never encountered a problem since. When I put the settings back to defaults, BAM errors again. This is also the case with Titanfall. I get kicked out of that game too without turning the clock down. I hope this helps someone because I was about to go back to playing board games, as they don't require a graphics card. See link for the settings that worked for me. The game now runs flawlessly at any game setting.

evgasettings.jpg

4. trowie-uK

trowie-uK Generation 2

Overclocking or underclocking might not be the issue. It's probably an OSD. Close any software you have that monitors your pc or programs including hooks. Software i've found that causes Titanfall to crash :- Rivatuner & HWinfo <<- if used in conjunction with origin OSD. Radeonpro causes it to crash as well.

Let us know if any of our solutions worked.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Zachary Donsky

Zachary Donsky Generation 1

I tried changing the clock speed in AMD Catalyst, no results.

Hi, same problem. What has worked in the past for me is logging out of origin, cutting the .exe and pasting it to desktop, then logging back in and copying the .exe back into the Titanfall folder. Then I repair the game in origin. But stopped working for me today :(

Specs: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz / 8.00GB of RAM / AMD Radeon 7800 2GB / windows 8.1