Friendly Advice PILOTS !!

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Nov 24, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

PERHAPS THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU ??

I have been so disgusted with the general game play ....aka...ATTRITION and BOUNTY HUNtT...etc...I opted to just play LTS. I was so completely frustrated with this game since IMHO it plays more like COD and pretty much nothing like T1. You die too much and your Titans just don't last long enough...they are too easy to take down. The team concept idea is valid and warranted....but I don't think it translates over very well into the actual game play.

I wanted to like the game...I wanted to grow. Change sucks but T2 was and is the new kid on the block so if I don't want to be ridden hard and put away wet while waiting for something else to come along I'd better get on board with T2.

Then I had a thought..

I told myself I will force myself to get better by playing LTS. I committed to playing LTS until I reached Gen 10. Other than a few matches here and there of Attrition I stuck with it.... I told myself I'll play Attrition regularly again...once I reach the promise land.

I run with the Legion and it is nerve racking. I run with extra ammo and an extra smoke.......as well as Titanfall Dome Shield. It was particularly difficult because the damn thing moves like old people screwing...lol. You are always the last Titan to engage the battle. The majority of the team is already on the other side of the map kicking ass while u r just getting started. I like a challenge and Legions difficulty level was for me. The lack of Boost in the Titan is frustrating.....but since u run so damn slow and 1 boost every once in awhile really isn't that great.......I opt in to utilize the smoke for several reasons. The other Titans move so damn Fassst they can move all the way acrossed the map and approach you and basically get in your face within a few seconds......smoke will help keep them away from you. Most of the time u still die but it gives them damage damnit! The other reason is the extra smoke helps keep the Pilots off your back. Again the Legion is so slow Pilots jumping on you is kinda like White on Rice.....

I normally run with a group of online friends met through this forum......

ATrain
    Rainman
    3G
    EZ
    Avelexine
    Evolve

But I knew deep down we were all frustrated.....and the normal fun we had as T1 teammates was not what we were experiencing with this new game. Obviously with any new game a learning curve can be expected. The collective depression was contagious and our depth of that depression was continually driving us down.....

I pretty much banished myself from playing with friends so I could concentrate....it was lonely and sad out in the Verse....but it had to be done... *Firefly thing.......if you have never watched it you should...it has a cult following and Morena Baccarin is HOT!

So today at about 8 PM I leveled up to Gen 10 in My Legion. I'm sporting my new all Black Titan and Gold XO.

I took a nice break and had dinner...then got back on for some Attrition.

I have to tell you.....I had fun. My first game back I went 17 - 5 and a bunch of Minions....... Scored like 145 or something like that....... I was on fire....I was tearing it up. I proceeded to play for about another 1.5 hours..........and I have to say other than a few games here and there I was on a complete farging rampage. What was once a feeling of depression getting into my Titan because I knew it wouldn't last long had now turned into " you motherfuckers just wait until I get into my Titan"!

True Story. It worked for me but I'm an old fart. So if you are an older guy or gal and don't have what the younger generation kids have perhaps committing to some LTS will benefit you. It really was bumpy going......and to be honest with you. The Legion in LTS has its place but it's simply not ideal. You get plenty of damage scoring but the kills seemed to get scooped up by the swifter moving Titans.

I'm actually for the first time since owning the game...*not including playing the campaign..... Looking forward to playing tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it goes!

See you on the Frontier Pilots!

Best regards,

KernelClamjuice

• Like Like x 8
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#2 ensc, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Glad to hear you are starting to enjoy the game Kernel. I know you and I are pretty much on the same page about our love for TF1 and I think we've shared a lot of common dislikes about changes for TF2.

Thank you for the advice.

I can't say I will try it as even in TF1, LTS was my least favorite mode. I like to think of myself as a lone wolf and a strong independant player, so I don't have the patience for the team games and LTS is probably the most team-dependant mode. Since I didn't have the patience for it, whenever I did play it, I had sort of a kamikaze approach, hoping to give my team an early advantage. I would charge into the middlle of the other team, try to get them to attack me and put them in a spot where 2 or 3 were trapped and then nuke them and hopefully get at least 1 and then land on another one and finish him off with my Spitfire. That way my team would be starting off 5 against 4 and hopefully I was still alive and could spitfire some more.

I might try it at some point though, because Mecha Maiden's one strategy really appealed to me and fits my kamikaze style. She said she likes to use Ronin and Phase Dash and Nuke 2 or 3 titans. Now that I would like. Come to think of it, I might be pretty useful in LTS, because if I could use that, then get out with my Sidewinder SMR, I am pretty deadly with that thing and not affraid to get up in titan's faces mano a titano.

Once again, thanks for the advice. It is very good advice. I think it may help a lot of players.

I think another good piece of advice if you are not good at killing is play a mode with objectives like Amped Hardpoint and focus on the objectives and don't worry about the kills/deaths. Over time, the kills/deaths will improve and maybe you will feel comfortable to try other modes like Attrition, but in the meantime at least you can feel like you are contributing by doing the objectives.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Glad to hear it Kernel, great advice...the hard work put in is paying off..

Live and die by the Legion!

• Like Like x 1
  4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Way to go @KernelClamjuice. It is a learning curve and I'm still very early on that "learning curve" and still go through bouts of "WTF, Crap,:( OMG" :eek: and (my personal favorite) "Man... to hell with this game damn game!!!:mad: moments with this game since the beta. My "good games" are vastly outnumbered by my bad games still but I'm still pluggin away. I figure there is something that will give me something close to replace the "Poop & Scoop" type of elation we all came to know and love. Gonna have to try some LTS with ya. Played a few games with A-Train and I have to admit that it wasn't too bad. But I still need all the help I can get.;) I salute you KernelClamjuice my friend for hanging around.:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

F***ing love you mate. Glad you're getting your groove with the game. The frontier needs good pilots!

• Like Like x 3
  6. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

:rolleyes:

7. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Interestingly I have done the same thing except I still play attrition if someone wants to, but I am doing mainly LTS. One night me and some randoms played against one o the best LTS teams and I felt trike a complete nob. I have not played since. I felt abandoned by the usual gang and am glad that at least Kernel saw the light. I will play again. But really want a team as it. Is the only way to survive on LTS.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

6a0133ec87bd6d970b0192abebc4ca970d-800wi.jpg morena-baccarin-firefly.jpg Morena-Baccarin.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ooohh yeah, I love her! She was great in the TV series "V". She's great in the TV series "Gotham" and actually married the guy who plays Jim Gordon in that show now. And she was also "Deadpool"'s girlfriend in that movie.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

and stargate

11. Trini Chinese

12. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Legion is slow but destroys everything that gets in its way, similar to Scorch

when any other titan is running, fighting dodging and sees you suddenly, it is scared and will put all its attention to you, or just escape
    try to find one or two titans, not more, otherwise they will destroy legion
    and for LTS caould be more easy just to use a lighter and agile titan, so you can dodge lethal hits
    the shield ca block twice the damage, so you can use that too,

13. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Ahhhhh Morena...how are you darling.....lol

If anyone gets the chance.......watch the short lived television serious "Firefly". You will enjoy it. Great storyline..... Then watch the Movie "Serenity". Don't watch the movie first.....the movie will give away a lot of the unknown questions.....and that will ruin the storyline....of the series...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Yes HOT!!!!

And I'd like to say for the first time I played everything but attrition with a few players and I had a blast.

I played hardpoint, ctf and hardpoint.

I used the advise giving to me(thanks dawgs and ensc) and after a cpl matches of all games I was wrecking.

It's really fun to mix it up.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mecha Maiden

Mecha Maiden Generation 5

I have actually recently started playing LTS for the first time.. I always played with teams that would tell me there was no room for Ronin in LTS so I played as other titans. I finally tried Ronin and I am REALLY enjoying it. I'm not great but it is much more enjoyable than getting slaughter in other game modes.

I also use SMR with Archer and amped weapons so when I nuke I can take the remaining titans that may have dashed out of range of nuke damage.....

16. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

It really depends how good you are with ronin. I know some people are very good with ronin and can hang with the best and I some people that just dont contribute to the team at all with it. If you play 4 or 5 rounds and cant crack 20,000 damage it's time to get a new titan.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's some advice from an expert for sure.

Never played much of this in TF-1 but a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of playing a few rounds with some of the members of "The Gang" and really enjoyed it. I'm really going to put in some more time with LTS. And your right @Mecha Maiden, it really is a great alternative to the slaughter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mecha Maiden

Mecha Maiden Generation 5

YES! That is what I kept trying to tell everyone - all of the Titans are awesome if you know how to play with them...

And I know everyone cringes when I say I play with Ronin and Nuke but there is the "cheese" nuke player and then there is the pilot that just wants one hell of a back up if you get in too deep :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. BattleReadyPB

With this being said, there are some pretty handy ways to get good with a titan your uncomfortable with.

Private matches. Get a friend or two and fool around for a while and let eacheather know anything new about the titan you come across that might be helpful, get used to the mechanics of the titan.

When you look at who's on the other team and you know they dont stand a chance anyways or when you have already built a solid lead.

Although I am horrible with ronin this is what I have come across that could be helpful to anyone struggling.

BLOCK. For the love of god block, you can block a shit ton of incoming damage with ronin. Ronin can soak up 2 rocket salvos and still live!
    0 cool down time as well. You can march your merry ass into combat and then march on out to go and do it all over again.

Get good with timing enemies fire so you know when to lower your defences and strike.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BattleReadyPB

Top tier ronin play

• Like Like x 2