Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Nov 12, 2016.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
And boy was it fun.
I'm okay with the way it is, it keeps pilots in check, should bounce on out of those situations anyway, and if you don't, then die. Simple.
If they were to make it that you couldn't be blocked by friendlies, then it would just make it too easy. The game is already a bit easy enough with the red and map highlights of pilot positions.
I get blocked all the time as I am a proud brawler, trying to wrestle through a tight spot with a friendly titan trying to get past you makes for a good laugh, and some punk always knocks me OFF THE BLUDDY RAPPELLING LINE ON GLITCH!!!! lol. All good for the game I reckon.
What they could have done, is made different types of matches like how WW2 has 'hardcore' or the likes so those that don't want all the perks of maps, etc could separate from those that want some of the asks like no blocking, etc. Some way to enter matches with different levels or features. Mind you, this would be likely impossible to cover.
Or sumthin. May I recommend STIM and LMG all the way, kill everything, and anything and do lot's of bopping when you win by the evac point, to see who's the party pooper that shoots you on the way to their drop ship.
Thanks for the feedback Rott. Good to hear different views. I don't see it as making it too easy. For me, it is about removing annoyances. For me, I play games to have fun and a game is a fictional creation, so I'm willing to forego some realism to remove an annoyance and make the game more fun. For me, Titanfall is all about flow and timing and nothing should impede that, especially not anything that is supposedly friendly. There are just so many examples of this that we just don't need and could do without:
1) You hit your Stim and you are flying and some teammate decides he is just going to stand in some doorway or window that you need to go through to keep your flow going, so now most of your Stim boost is wasted.
2) There are the AFK people at the dropship and you are stuck there. It just disrupts the timing of your initial run of the game where you can usually rack up 20 to 30 points really quick.
3) The example you gave about ziplnes. It is still annoying every time I play the Nexus map in TF1 and 1 or 2 of us get bumped off of the initial zipline. Again, It just disrupts the timing of your initial run of the game where you can usually rack up 20 to 30 points really quick.
4) You are running along and a friendly drop pod either throws you back, blocks you or on some occassions you even get stuck inside of it.
5) Oh, and this is a big one that I just thought of. If you call in your titan, or a teammate just called in their titan, and you throw arc grenades, they shouldn't bounce off of the dome shield and back into your face. I mean, cmon developers, do you really think we wanted to throw grenades at ourselves?
6) Or, you are a stick and move titan fighter like myself and some teammate is just insistent on trying to stick together and is all jacked up on Redbull and crawling up your butt, so you stick (launch massive damage on an enemy titan) and then you want to move back and around a corner to avoid his retaliation and there's jacked up Redbull boy blocking your way, so you take the full force of the retaliation in your backside.
These are just a few examples of things that kill the flow and timing that I believe makes Titanfall unique. All annoyances that are easily avoidable by the developers just removing all friendly interference from the game, allowing the game to be more fun which is the goal of a game.