Titanfall G2A4 balance

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by sketchygio, Mar 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sketchygio

sketchygio Generation 2

Guys, please stay on topic. Only post opinions regarding the G2A4, with facts and opinions regarding its overall balance in the context of Titanfall.
    If you want to critique/defend other aspects or compare the game to another title, or just argue semantics, that probably belongs in another thread. No need to repeat any opinions that have already been stated more than once.

So, to get back on topic, I was reading a bit more on reddit about the suppressor attachment, and on what weapons people think that it works and doesn't work with. I've already said I don't think the suppressor is ideal for any non-automatic weapon, but some people proposed that a suppressed Longbow DMR is a good alternative to a G2A4, if you must have a suppressed non-automatic. Sure, the DMR fires only half as fast as the G2A4, so it's no good for close-range indoors, but it's a decent option for medium to long range. Unlike the G2a4, the DMR doesn't lose damage over distance. So while suppressed, in medium to long range engagements,the DMR deals a steady 90 damage (3 shots for a kill) to the unsuppressed G2a4's drop-off damage of 66 (4 shots for a kill). In this situation, the G2A4 outdamages the DMR in raw DPS, but it's a nice alternative if you want to be invisible on the minimap.

This might be a decent DMR build for grunt/minion farming on attrition, moreso than a suppressed G2A4, which requires 3 ranged shots to kill a single grunt, and 5 for a spectre, compared to the suppressed DMR's steady 2 shots for grunts, and 3 for spectres.

That is not to say the suppressed DMR is always better than the G2a4 at medium range, but it's an interesting alternative.

2. Anti-Sprayer

Anti-Sprayer Generation 1

In other words... Use the DMR since the g2 is unusable. And put a silencer on it so you don't get dot-hunted by sprayers..

I think coming up with alternatives to a weapon only furthers the point that it isn't balanced. The fact that the carbine is a better alternative under every circumstance, and that the longbow is a better alternative at range only furthers the argument that there is no point in ever using the g2.

3. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

i didnt read all the responses, so i apologize if i repeat someone.

first, thanks for a detailed, thought out comparison instead of a whiny " i have sand in my vagina" rant.

second, i am in the same boat as you. Im not a sniper. I cant sit still long enough, ... so those shots gotta count,...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Oh my god I'm going to ignore that 17 novels that were written on the first page of this thread because I can't be arsed to read all that.

G2A4 does something like 199 damage per shot while pilots have 400 health (iirc, but it's something like that). So it's basically a 2 shot if the pilot is even slightly damaged. If not, it's a 3 shot. I think that's fine. I really hate using this gun though but I don't think it should be buffed to a two-shot. 2 bullets just seems like too much honestly. I dunno, this is the weird area you get in with semi-auto guns like this. 2 shots is too strong but 3 shots is too weak. I do think the gun should have a range buff because that would make it a true challenge to the carbine. Right now any range slightly beyond medium is almost always a loss. And as we know this gun doesn't hold up well in close combat. That's the only damage buff I'd consider is making it a 2-shot when in close range. That would be very ok since you should lose 10/10 times when in close range against just about anything.

Also lol @kbrock1
    "instead of a whiny " i have sand in my vagina" rant."

• Like Like x 1
  5. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

im just tired of hearing ppl hating on someone for liking/not liking a challenge. its my gaming experience. i paid for a service. ill bitch if i want to.

• Like Like x 1