Game Freeze Somewhat Randomly

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by PoorMrCreamy, Feb 18, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PoorMrCreamy

PoorMrCreamy Generation 1

Hi, I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but every now and then TitanFall freezes completely (stuck on one frame, no sound) and I have to task manager and stop it. This usually happens if an evacuation ship is destroyed, but it has happened during regular gameplay. I'm mainly making this thread just to let Respawn know about this glitch.

My specs are: Intel i7 2nd gen; NVIDIA GTX485m; 8GB RAM; Windows 8.1

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

2. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

3. PoorMrCreamy

I did check the forums before-hand and unfortunately none of those apply to me. I don't use Intel graphics, don't have optimus, don't have SLI. I have my game set with no anti-aliasing and my textures aren't on insane (485m has 2GB of video memory).
    Pretty confusing problem this one. I have confirmed that it does happen every single time an evac ship is destroyed, no matter what side I'm on.

4. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

Just because you don't use the Intel Graphics, doesn't mean you are. (You see what I did there?).

Seriously, make sure that the game is using your dedicated GPU, NOT the Intel one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PoorMrCreamy

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but my laptop manufacturer didn't enable Optimus, so there's no way I can select the Intel graphics. Here's a cap of my device manager in case you don't believe me ;) Can't change in NVIDIA control panel either. Device Manager.png