Get your grind on this Holiday with Titanfall 2 Double XP weekend

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 21, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Hi there Pilots

just posted in Respawn Official page

Get your grind on this Holiday with Titanfall 2 Double XP weekend starting at 9am PST on 12/23 and running until 12/26 9am PST

[​IMG]

see you in the battlefield!

• Like Like x 2
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Not gonna be able to take full advantage of this... ya know.. family obligations and all. :)

4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing that Derrame.

5. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I will be there.

6. Mecha Maiden

Mecha Maiden Generation 5

I will definitely be on... Got to get to GEN 10!

7. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

And you will be disappointed once u get there.

I was.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mecha Maiden

Mecha Maiden Generation 5

I'm sure I will :( I just never got there in TF1 so I made it a goal this time around.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It's the Journey, not the destination that matters...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Demaco

Demaco Generation 2

Ding dong! respawn your games player base is dwindling. 2x exp is not going to fix it, when will you address content issues?!

• Like Like x 1
  11. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I understand that, unfortunately you actually had to work and complete all the challenges to obtain that goal and do nothing but play the game in T2.

Here is hoping they do actually open it up after G10.50 to G11-15 and add challenges o

Exactly.

And the journey in T2 is nothing compared to the Journey in T1

Bilbo Baggins himself would be disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

The thing is it isn't TF1 and more people are excited with this game, at the moment, than TF1. For you diehards out there get use to it - TF1 isn't coming back; maybe some of it will but not the game as we knew and loved it.

For me this is still the best game this year and I will stick with it until I get to Gen 10 on both consoles and hopefully by then some changes will be made to improve things and keep me interested...

...awe but Frodo and Sam would love it! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Thanks Cpt. Obvious.....lol

14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

OK DARK, can you noodle something out for me then please? If that is true, then why is it that less than 2 months after launch, at close to 8PM EST on a Friday night, when I am connected to the New York server, and I am trying to play Amped Hardpoint, it says "Found 1/12 (0 in matches)"? I don't know buddy. Something is not adding up here. Just asking...

15. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

#15 DARK BAWGS, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    I can't comment on PC but on both consoles, which I monitor there were over 20,000 players ww. I play ampted as well and on my PS4 there were over 200 games. If we played Attrition there were a tone of games.

I think the numbers overall are not declining. Having said that I believe that unless Respawn takes significant action any spurt in Xmas growth will decline in a few months, perhaps by April once players get bored.

Guys I am not saying you are wrong just premature-it seems the PC crowd may be showing the way earlier and I suspect it is because this is a more hardcore "old school" TF1 dedicated player community. My observation is that the strongest critics appear to come from the PC community.

Have a great family/friends day.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    PS: at 10:50 this AM Saturday December 24 there were;
    • Xbox One
      • 14,632 players on line
      • 232 games of Ampted Hardpoint
    • PS4
      • 16,383 players on line
      • 204 games of Ampted Hardpoint
      • 1,333 games of Attrition
    Sorry I didn't look at Xbox Attrition. I know these numbers are pretty strong as I have been following them for some time. I expect that there will be in excess of 35,000 to 40,000 players this afternoon. Over time these numbers have increased and I expect they will continue to do so once Xmas is finished and all the new gamers enter the system. The question is will it last? As I stated above: "...unless Respawn takes significant action any spurt in Xmas growth will decline in a few months"

Hope this helps clarify my earlier statements for you and that my "noodling" is adequate. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Perfect! Thank you DARK! You did an absolutely excellent job of "noodling" that out for me. I did not consider that things might be different on the Xbox and PS4 than what they are on the PC, which is what I use. That makes perfect sense to me now.

I do have one other question and I am not trying to be critical here. I'm just trying to make sure I understand the magnitude of how much things are better on the consoles than on the PC. On the PC, let's say that including me and let's say 2 others trying to get into a game, and let's say there were 5 games going on already, which would each have 12 people, what I would see would be "Found 3/12 (60 in matches)". Using your Xbox One Amped Hardpoint numbers, you say there were 232 games. Did you really mean "games", which would mean there were about 2784 players just in Amped Hardpoint on the Xbox? Or, was that 232 number the equivalent of my 60 number, where it miight have read "Found 3/12 (232 in matches)"?

17. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I will look into it tomorrow and respond then as I am heading out to dinner at my daughters... my gut reaction is you are correct it may be X out of y actual games but will confirm.

18. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Hey, Happy Holidays to you my friend.

As promised I checked this morning (Xmas Day);
    • 24,363 playing on PS4
    • 282 playing Ampted
    • 12/12 games when I searched
    I will say that on both consoles I have never had a problem getting games and other than the long wait while it sorts the "match making" pretty quick into game. Lately however far too frequently I get dropped into a game already underway - it is pretty hard get a top place finish when you are behind the curve...

Hope this helps. Got go make brunch now will get on later.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Merry Christmas DARK

Thanks for following up on that for me. I appreciate it. Well, I'm at least glad the consoles can play Amped Hardpoint if they want to. I really hope you are right my friend about your theory of changing things up to attract a user base, but then bringing back more of what made Titanfall Titanfall in the future. Obi-Wan Kenobi, that is my only hope. I also look forward to the day where XBox One/PS4/PC can all be in the same user pool.