Gooser advice.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Action Midget, Apr 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Action Midget

Action Midget Generation 2

#1 Action Midget, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    Hey everyone, I know they've reduced gooser from 50 to 5 and that's made it so much easier for us who haven't done it, but I thought maybe one thread for all tips, advice and bragging videos could be fun?
    (Secretly I'm just asking for tips)
    A!m

EDIT: So after a bit of time just using trial and error, I've found the arc cannon is good for this, keep blasting at a doomed Titan and when they eject the blast arcs to the pilot.

Also heard but haven't tried that when you rodeo and they eject don't turn looking for them just look slightly down and they should be coming up past you. Hope these help.

2. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I'll have to try that Arc Cannon tip when its about to detonate.

3. Action Midget

Hope it helps :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. LedFlinga

LedFlinga Generation 4

Rodeo is probably the easiest just make sure your cloaked and I've found the car smg works best

Arc cannons good but you want your cross hair red when taking the shot and getting right under them helps, downside you only get 1 shot

Chaingun is probably the easiest Titan weapon for gooser, first you can shot just over the head of a doomed Titan get lucky and get them as they eject or lead your shots in the air above them as they go up and under as they come down.

Just find what works for you

• Like Like x 2
  5. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Chaingun works the best for me.

6. TuffMeetsClassy

TuffMeetsClassy NYC Native, OIF VET, Trainer, Professional Muter
    Elite Pilot

same here and i don't know about being under them for the kill. shortens your view. get some space between you and the exploding titan so you can not only see the shadowy figure but use the background to your advantage EVEN if they're cloaked....sounds crazy but that's what worked the best for me and made the Gooser Challenge...fun.:D

7. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Why are we still talking about this?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. TuffMeetsClassy

TuffMeetsClassy NYC Native, OIF VET, Trainer, Professional Muter
    Elite Pilot

#8 TuffMeetsClassy, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Why not? If someone asks a questions or for tips why wouldn't we help them? What's your problem? Why not just skip the article if you have an issue?

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Juggernaut

Well, for starters, maybe you can look at these threads about Gooser challenge:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/gooser-challenge-oh-my-goodness.2032/
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/gooser.3728/#post-21082
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/a-challenge-is-meant-to-be-challenging.3499/
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/gooser-help.3736/#post-21160
    Now, look at this and the patch:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/gooser-challenge-reduced-in-next-patch.3206/
    Now, if you need help getting 5 gooser kills, I have no idea how you would survive 50 or even 10. Why don't we make it go down to 1 gooser kill? THEN WHY IS IT A CHALLENGE!
    I just don't want any more gooser threads after so many and it's patch has already made it easier.
    No need to get bitchy about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  10. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

@The Juggernaut Take it easy now, Aslong as the gooser thread is constructive and used to pool together thoughts and ideas to overcome the challenge then thats fine, When users start personal attacks thats when these types of threads become an issue.

11. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

Information is Knowledge & Knowledge is POWER! So I'm alright with the Multiple Entries but personally I'd prefer to see a Sub Group with ALL Entries about the Gooser Challenge listed that way you know U have ALL the Information at your Fingertips & can work your way through & decide which suits you the Best!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Juggernaut

I just don't want so many different threads about the same topic that was already covered so frequently!

13. The Juggernaut

Fine. How about 'snippy'?

14. Action Midget

Hey I didn't mean to bore anyone with stuff that's already been done to death, I'm just new and thought of something I'd like to discuss, if it's really that upsetting I can delete the thread?

15. Action Midget

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all the tips, once I really started grafting towards it with all my attention it came on quite quickly.
    LTS is my preferred game mode and I've discovered I'm terrible with the chain gun so rodeo up is my best method :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Rodeo nas nailed the 3/5 i need to get this challenge completed, i would like to at least get one kill while im in my titan just so i can say to myself i can do it properly.

17. Action Midget

Best of luck, just make sure you have plenty of ammo in the clip before a pilot ejects, I missed so many because I ran out of ammo and had to reload :)