Gooser Challenge- Oh My Goodness

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by LAxSainte, Mar 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mouskatool

Mouskatool Stand by for Titanfall
    Elite Pilot

The same goes for every other challenge. When doing the critically conditioned charged rifle, the Titan could move at the last second or someone could kill you before it goes off. This is an online shooter, there will always be many factors working against you for ANYTHING.

2. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Exactly. Most of those uncontrollable factors involve the other pilot. This is a competitive game and the most difficult challenges are the ones that involve you dominating another actual person. You have to play better to get the challenges done.

Auto-eject cloak is a perfect example. The other pilot has decided to make it harder for you to kill them while ejecting. One can't simply feel entitled to the death of someone else. You've gotta earn it because they probably wont' just give it to you.

3. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

But with Critically Conditioned, there is some wiggle room, some room to strategize and move around. With Gooser, it's do everything I mentioned, hope that you get lucky in the current situation, then take some steps back and hope that you can see them and manage to kill them in time. It feels far too rigid and constrictive.

4. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

In what way? Are you saying that the challenge is too challenging? Under what logic should it be easy?

5. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

No, I am saying that the challenge is too CONSTRICTIVE, you get no real chance to strategize with it. It is just 'do this really fast and hope for the best'.

6. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

That's what I mean. Why are you saying it's too constrictive? What standard are you basing that off of? Are you implying that all challenges should be equally challenging?

7. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

WTF are you even talking about?? :D I'm elitist because I want to earn something through hard work and skill? Without cheating or crying about it?

Yep. I'm the asshole. Hahahhah.

While I tried to stay positive and give encouragement...this kid gives excuses. All the while, I've gone into the game and done it 3 times. Did it take 8 games straight to get those 3 gooser kills. Yep. But only because I shut the fuck up and kept trying.

8. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Being an elitist doesn't mean you have to be an asshole. Just means you believe that certain things belong to the elite. The people arguing the opposite believe anyone, regardless of skill or dedication, should be able to do every generation with ease. You, like me, don't believe that.

At least, it seems that way from your posts.

9. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

What I believe is that Respawn did a great job here.

These kids are way too used to prestiging just by hiding or camping or n00btubing from a corner or boosting. You could just wait out your prestige. It's why I saw so few people with Diamond camo on their guns in Black Ops 2. It required a lot of work.

I wouldn't say certain things should belong to the elite. I'd say if you want to play this game and get better....doing the challenges and re-gening will make that happen. I know the level of work that has to go into those challenges, so if I see people with a tag of GEN 6 or higher, I instantly have more respect for them as a player.

If this becomes competitive and the best in the world play in tournaments and win? I'd call them elite.

Here, I'd just say hard work pays off and crab ass-ing about it annoys me to no end :)

10. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Hm. Guess I misinterpreted. My bad. :oops:

11. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

For me, it is not about 'camping in a corner' or shit like that. No, the way in which that system works is that you prestige by simply playing the game. Now whichever you like better is just personal preference but one does not make you better than another. By better, I don't mean skill, just as a gamer in general. You seem like the type that really takes pride in virtual challenges that rely mostly on luck. Me, I like to have fun. Guess what this challenge is? A pure grind and it is not fun. I don't care how much 'skill' it takes, doesn't stop it from being a pure grind. One of the more frustrating grinds due to the factors that I already mentioned.

12. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Young Kyoshi. "Prestige" is not simply doing something. Prestige by definition is "reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other favorable attributes."

Sitting on your ass and just playing ain't gonna cut it. :D Now, are you going to keep arguing with me? Or actually go DO IT. Because at the end of the day, no matter what you say here...you're going. to have. to do it. if you want to move on.

Fighting me isn't going to change your Gooser Challenge kills from Zero.

Get better.

13. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

That is using the literal definition. By using that, then in Black Ops 2, by simply playing, you are doing something worthy of that title within the games rules. So yeah, you kill people, you get rewarded, by the game's merits. This one just does it differently.

Never thought that a friendly debate was considered 'fighting' and I am just bored, I have nothing else to do at this particular time. Just browsing the web, responding to this in between.

14. Mouskatool

Mouskatool Stand by for Titanfall
    Elite Pilot

If it is not fun, and it's not required, then why are you even doing it?

Why not just hit level 50, unlock everything, and play for fun?

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrFunnypwn

MrFunnypwn Generation 2

lol I came to this through Google while looking for any good class setups for this challenge, and I stumble upon this. Gotta admit was a good read haha a nice break from Titanfall. Anyhow, I've been using the chain gun on my titan without auto eject (really helps), and tonight I've gotten nine pulls. Is it frustrating when you don't get a kill on an ejecting pilot? Of course it is, but should you complain on a forum and waste your own time about it? Of course not! Kyoshi, instead of doing this why not be more productive and grind it out like everyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Because COMPLAINING.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cerberusx

Cerberusx Generation 3

What I want to know are some really solid tips and not everyone acting like they are children. So stop acting like five-year olds and help your fellow Pilots. Because I'M NOT looking forward to this challenge. So some helpful tips and tricks would be nice. Instead of childish arguments. Yes it's hard, is it fair. No not in my opinion. It is a lot of luck in my opinion.

18. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Then good luck.

19. MrFunnypwn

MrFunnypwn Generation 2

I've been doing pretty well with a very basic atlas class, I use a chain gun with extended mags, vortex shield, rocket salvo, fast auto loader, and survivor to get those last seconds in case you need them. I play Last Titan Standing and hold back a bit, shooting to help bring shields down but careful to not reload at unnecessary timings. And all you gotta do is keep your eyes out for ejections. And if you get taken out, it doesn't mean you cant still take out ejectors with your anti-personnel gun! In my opinion its not hard but it is not necessarily easy either. It all depends on how many chances you get, which is why I play Last Titan Standing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cerberusx

Cerberusx Generation 3

What about if I Rodeo? What weapons and loadouts for it. I just tried to do it for a bit and had no success. The spitfire was only good to kill the Titan. After that I couldn't get the kill. They get away everytime.