Gooser Challenge- Oh My Goodness

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by LAxSainte, Mar 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrFunnypwn

MrFunnypwn Generation 2

I mean I've seen videos on how rodeo is 'the best method' but I've also read some other opinions about it and they've said most of the time they disembark as opposed to ejecting. But another thing I've read was that if you do the rodeo method to look a little below you, as you eject a split second before they do since you were riding rodeo. Other than that I cant help you too much on that; personally I haven't tried rodeo yet.

2. Nicolas B.

Nicolas B. Generation 1

Hello to all, completed Gooser yesterday the best strategy for me was to play LTS with machine gun, stay at mid-range when a titan is doomed and pray to get the kill.

Took me 10 hours to complete this.

Now I'm stuck with 50 arc cannon kills, I'm at 23... And yes I'm tired of assist+100....

I' think gen5 is a road block put by Respawn, once you get gen6 it is easy as fuck, just time consuming.

GL.

3. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

If you are going the rodeo method, Smart Pistol is probably your best bet. As long as you don't change the direction you are facing when the eject occurs, the pilot always spawns in front of you and slightly below you. Then, just follow them with the Smart Pistol's lock and get your kill.

• Like Like x 1
  4. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

#84 x ERASURE, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    I completed this challenge the other day and this is my experience with it after trying out most of the options, so I'll try and summarize my experience below for people who would like some advice.

If you are going to rodeo, the only way I found it effective was using the Spitfire LMG with the slammer attachment. Using any other weapon took me too long to take the titan out, and most of the time the enemy jumped out which was frustrating. Also, I found it difficult a number of times to spot the enemy when ejected up with them, which again was frustrating, so overall I would not use the rodeo method as it didn't really work.

Therefore, I would suggest grinding it out by shooting them out of the air in a titan. I used the arc cannon whilst I obtained the two arc cannon challenges, but found the chaingun MUCH more effective. This was because you only have one shot with the arc cannon, and around 4 or 5 times I hit the pilot in the air with the arc cannon at around half charge and only received a hit marker, and this is extremely annoying.

Moving onto the Chaingun, having the extended magazine was the better attachment over the accelerator, as using the accelerator I had to pre fire to get a decent rate of fire, which was a little off putting at times. To make sure that you do not run out of a magazine when shooting the ejecting pilot, I always reloaded the chain gun when the opposing titan was on little to no health, so that I could doom it with 10 - 15 bullets and have 75-80 on the pilot ejecting.

Aiming just above head as they go up, and just below the legs when they come back down are the best places to aim, as you can probably guess. For pilots who cloak, I usually looked for buildings where I thought they may aim to land, and also look for the jet pack exhausts, and as soon as I saw it, could roughly make out where the pilot. I managed to pick off a good number of cloaked pilots like this. Keeping a mid distance is key, as being too close to the doomed titan makes it impossible to keep track of the guy when looking straight up, and being too far back makes it harder to shoot the pilot, and if you are using the arc cannon, it won't even reach the pilot. By mid distance I would say about 2 boost lengths back from the titan.

Looking at the maps, I managed to get 7 kills in one game on Nexus which in my opinion was a great map, as was Training Ground and Fracture. Looking at maps where I left the lobby if they came up, these included Rise, Relic and Overlook. Demeter and Lagoon are also good maps.

Gamemodes is all personal preference. People seem to like LTS, however I struggled to get any kills on this, and trying to shoot a pilot out of the air with 4-5 other titans shooting at you is difficult. Hardpoint was my choice, getting most of my kills, because the matches are a nice length, and I enjoy the gamemode, which is important doing this challenge, you must be having fun whilst you obtain it. Don't grind on a gamemode you don't like, because it will get very tedious.

Finally, looking at the titans, I would use the Ogre or Atlas (my personal preference the Atlas) but I avoided the Stryder because it just goes down too quickly in a 1v1, but this just may be my skill level in this titan.

These are my tips and experience I had getting this challenge, so I hope they help people out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Great post Erasure. The other thing I would just add for the cloak pilot's is watch for their jet pack exhausts as many pilots tend to use their jetpack's in order to guide themselves to a good landing position.

The challenge once you follow what Erasure has suggested becomes less daunting and just requires some patience and good Titan management to set yourself up in a good position. I was able to get 8 kills in a couple of hours yesterday and most were on the pilots as they were ejecting upwards.

• Like Like x 1
  6. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

Yes, I'll quickly include that in there, good point. I just know how frustrating this was for me when I began, but at around the 25 kill mark I actually began to enjoy it, because it is a great picking pilots out of the air, and you start to get more and more kills per game through experience, so feel like you are progressing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Don't forget the bonus 50 XP for all those "Aerial Kills"!

8. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

Yes, that was also nice, but didn't bother me when I was level 50!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cerberusx

Cerberusx Generation 3

Thank you x EARSURE. Those tips will come in handy later on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kyoshi

Kyoshi Generation 2

I have managed to get 28/50 for this challenge in a day and a half and I still think this challenge is mostly luck based and is sheer tedium and nothing more. Not fun in the slightest.

11. -PNW-

-PNW- Generation 1

I hope they don't change the amount of kills needed. It shouldn't be so easy to go to next gen.

Personally though, I have no problem killing ejected pilots with the chaingun. I also rarely face people with auto-eject

12. A.C

A.C Generation 4

Can I just ask...

Do all 50 gooser kills have to take place between Gen 5 and Gen 6?

Or do Gooser kills earnt during earlier Generations also count toward the challenge...

Edit: Duhhhhh - scrap that, I've just remembered that challenges reset at the start of each re-gen/Generation.

I am only Level 47 - and have 1 gooser kill LOL. Luckily I have a full 4 Generations to go before having to worry about this.

• Like Like x 2
  13. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

In the sense that whether the pilot ejects or not and whether they cloak or not when ejecting is based on luck, I do agree, but aren't you finding you get kills more regularly at this stage? I was, because I was learning how to shoot them out of the air more efficiently, so I think there is a lot of skill involved as well as luck or factors out of your control.

14. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

I'm pretty sure the point of all of the challenges is to force you to practice. The Gooser challenge is forcing you to practice killing ejecting pilots. Killing 50 of them sounds like good practice, to me.

15. WillyWags

WillyWags Generation 1

This is awful. 50 gooser kills? That's way too much. Thank GOD I didn't buy the season pass. Why, in the same gen lvl 5, do you only need 10 sidewinder Titan kills? It would make sense if that was 50 (like the rest of the Titan kill challenges) now I'm stuck trying to ONLY get ejecting pilot kills and it's pulling me away from my game I'm not having fun anymore and why would I play something that will only stress me out and frustrate me? I want to hear from respawn on this! Enough people feel the same way to warrant a response from them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

Having completed my path through the regeneration system I do feel that Gooser is oddly placed. After I finished Gen 5 it took me 4 days to get to Gen 10 with about 6-8 hours of playtime per day. All of the other Generations just flew by including Gen 9 which was odd to me.

I think Gooser would play better in a Generation bracket alongside some chaingun challenge(s) since you will primarily be using that to snag your kills. The Arc Cannon, as has been mentioned, wasn't useful at all unless you scored a very good hit (and had capacitor for increased area / damage).

Gooser took me about 2 & 1/2 days by itself. Itwas frustrating but I did eventually get really good at shooting ejecting pilots. There is a benefit to getting it done, despite it feeling like a horrific nightmare whilst doing it. Heck even today with my 40mm I like taking pot shots at ejecting pilots. Scoring some gib on an ejecting pilot is quite fulfilling. ;)

17. MYSTIC STORMZ

MYSTIC STORMZ Generation 1

Ok. People have been saying this challenge is awful. It is! But it's a challenge for a reason! I just got 30 in 4 hours. It's not that hard.

18. 12ctsmith

12ctsmith Generation 1

This challenge will be the death of me

19. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

That Koviko is a bloody good suggestion. I've been trying to do it the LMG method with the slammer mod but always have a hard time keeping the LMG on target as it tends to spray.

You sir deserve a pat on the back because I now have an actual reason to use the Smart pistol now.

20. VinylKitten

VinylKitten Generation 2

Im with a few on this Im stuck on level fifty for 5 and Im not enjoying this what so ever. you get ten kills for the sidewinder aka only one tier but they do all 5 with the gooser think thats a little off set....sure I understand its all about the challenges but theres a lot of people who dont play lastitanstanding ,me being one of them cause randoms kind of suck, so now Im stuck playing a game mode I dont like trying to get 50 ejecting pilots thats next to impossible for a lot of us.Game has become not fun due to this.